Sign in to follow this  
hoz

1.45 patch

Got that patch can't wait to test it out.

Hoz

yes...erm...mind telling us where you got it?

Cut n paste that link into the url line it will work.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (gsg1981 @ Mar. 01 2002,18:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">link is not working...<span id='postcolor'>

Don't click on the link, just copy and paste it in a new window, I'm downloading it now - or a 4.3 MB core dump, but something's coming down smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (hoz @ Mar. 01 2002,18:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Cut n paste that link into the url line it will work.<span id='postcolor'>

Doh! Beat me to it tounge.gif

we can BLOW UP FUEL STATIONS!!!!! YEEEESSSS!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

HEY Gimbal!! you are mentioned and thanked for discovering a bug!! GREAT JOB!!!

oh crapp.. limimted altitude for choppers tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 01 2002,19:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- Fixed: Addons could change config entries that should not be changed, namely base class definiton of ,any class, leading to dammaged functionality or bogus "... uses modified config file" messages.

- Config protection message "... uses modified config file" is now more specific, the exact location of changed value is displayed.

- CfgSurfaces protected against addon modification.

------------------------------------------------------------<span id='postcolor'>

Does this mean that i can't use Stachels sound mod confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

Great patch, but something bothers me. It seems that u can't land with chopper anymore. You can hover 2M off ground, but u can't land. 2M off ground is limited altitude with engine on. U must stop the engine. Then u can touch the ground. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Black Knight @ Mar. 01 2002,19:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 01 2002,19:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- Fixed: Addons could change config entries that should not be changed, namely base class definiton of ,any class, leading to dammaged functionality or bogus "... uses modified config file" messages.

- Config protection message "... uses modified config file" is now more specific, the exact location of changed value is displayed.

------------------------------------------------------------<span id='postcolor'>

Does this mean that i can't use Stachels sound mod confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

probably yes...but satchel's good.he'll pull something.. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Black Knight @ Mar. 01 2002,19:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does this mean that i can't use Stachels sound mod confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Satchel must change config again because his config is for version 1.42.

Anyway. I'm not using his addon because he changed too many stuffs. I like the originial config. He's changed the fire color, mine model and a few more stuffs. Sounds are great, but i don't like stuffs with edited config. Well. Original sounds are not bad either. As far as i know, engine chopper sounds are like the real ones, except those on Cobra.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 01 2002,19:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Black Knight @ Mar. 01 2002,19:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 01 2002,19:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- Fixed: Addons could change config entries that should not be changed, namely base class definiton of ,any class, leading to dammaged functionality or bogus "... uses modified config file" messages.

Does this mean that i can't use Stachels sound mod confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

probably yes...but satchel's good.he'll pull something.. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I hope so sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ Mar. 01 2002,19:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Great patch, but something bothers me. It seems that u can't land with chopper anymore. You can hover 2M off ground, but u can't land. 2M off ground is limited altitude with engine on.  U must stop the engine. Then u can touch the ground. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

i'm not an aviation person..is this 'realistic'?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 01 2002,20:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i'm not an aviation person..is this 'realistic'?<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmmmmmm. Afcourse not.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 01 2002,20:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i'm not an aviation person..is this 'realistic'?<span id='postcolor'>

LMAO biggrin.gif

I have to confirm that Helicopter landing bug, it's imposible to land helicopters with 1.45, exept for the CH-47.

But i found another one, you can now aim so low, that you can shoot yourself.

That's what I've been waiting for, a suicide Patch...!

This Helicopter thingie is rendering the 1.45 Patch usesless for me...don't they test stuff before releasing it..?

"But i found another one, you can now aim so low, that you can shoot yourself."

I dont think its a bug, it says in the Changes that you can now Aim lower, and that must be what its refering to.

Yeah, well, it's buggy. At least you didn't have to ask for permission to download it.

<parody>

BIS has made the right decision in putting out a patch that doesn't allow the helicopters to land. If everyone was able to land helicopters, the game would rapidly become full of bad helicopter landings. For now, I say let the people who BIS thinks should be able to land helicopters do so, the rest of us just have to be patient and wait until BIS thinks we're ready to land helicopters too.

</parody>

Cheers,

Dr. Charm

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ Mar. 01 2002,20:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Black Knight @ Mar. 01 2002,19:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does this mean that i can't use Stachels sound mod confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Satchel must change config again because his config is for version 1.42.

Anyway. I'm not using his addon because he changed too many stuffs. I like the originial config. He's changed the fire color, mine model and a few more stuffs. Sounds are great, but i don't like stuffs with edited config. Well. Original sounds are not bad either. As far as i know, engine chopper sounds are like the real ones, except those on Cobra.<span id='postcolor'>

Indeed. It also changes some unit weaponry too, Ie. BMP weapon "machinegun6_7" is changed to a new weapon named "PKT". Well guess what happens when two players meet in a BMP on multiplayer when one has the soundmod and one doesnt... Or if the server has the soundmod, no one with the original sounds can play there as the weapon loadouts sent by the server are invalid for the non-soundmod people.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Mar. 01 2002,20:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Indeed. It also changes some unit weaponry too, Ie. BMP weapon "machinegun6_7" is changed to a new weapon named "PKT". Well guess what happens when two players meet in a BMP on multiplayer when one has the soundmod and one doesnt... Or if the server has the soundmod, no one with the original sounds can play there as the weapon loadouts sent by the server are invalid for the non-soundmod people. <span id='postcolor'>

wait a sec...i thought satchel's mod was only sound mod! does it change weapons? confused.gif

I unistalled the sound mod at the very second I found out that it changed more stuff than it was "supposed" to. When a sound mod changes my aim cursor, or an AK101 addon changes west soldiers into killerclowns, then it's what I call a Trojan: A piece of code that does more or something completely else than what it says on the label. I hate that.

Anyway, back to patch 1.45

I tested the chopper and was able to land normally. I'm using the hatswitch as collective, are you guys having problems using keyboard thrust or joystick?

BTW, try placing a whole squad near a gas station and then LAW the mofo ... heheh! Sweet!

And Cessnas can land/takeoff on fields now.

Great patch, IMHO. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ Mar. 01 2002,21:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I tested the chopper and was able to land normally. I'm using the hatswitch as collective, are you guys having problems using keyboard thrust or joystick?<span id='postcolor'>

I was using keyboards.

Great job Gimbal. 2 mentions in the patch!