Sign in to follow this  
Mateck

Mateck's M1A1 (HA)

72 @ May 05 2008,01:23)]About the ammo count - we have more ammo since we got more ammo boxes stowed in the back! wink_o.gif

Depending on how much you're willing to pack or how many boxes more? wink_o.gif

Hi, ok, my bad in the commander's M2HB on the M1A1; but other

possible improvement for this addon, will be to make it spitt the

empty shells. It will serve to make it look more realistic... and also

to scare the OPFOR players that you may use the Abrams againist;

i think that that will be a true visual improvement. Let's C ya

...will be to make it spitt the

empty shells. It will serve to make it look more realistic....

I hope you don't mean the shells/casing from the Main Cannon?

Because they get burned nearly completely AFAIK - only the steal bottom with the ignition-stuff remains.

...will be to make it spitt the

empty shells. It will serve to make it look more realistic....

I hope you don't mean the shells/casing from the Main Cannon?

Because they get burned nearly completely AFAIK - only the steal bottom with the ignition-stuff remains.

I think he means shells from the M2... crazy_o.gif

Hi, i was meaning booth the main gun and the coax and also the

M2 and the M240, something like this:

Spitting BMP3

Spitting BMP3 II

I was meaning something like that; but what i don't know is if the

M1A1's spitt to outside the empty shells. Let's C ya

I was meaning something like that; but what i don't know is if the

M1A1's spitt to outside the empty shells. Let's C ya

It doesn't.

Hi,

this is really an excellent addition to the game!

However I've found a problem with one of the tank LODs... the tank tracks are drawn over the rest of the model... look at this 2 pictures:

m1problem1ue5.jpg

m1problem2bt7.jpg

This happens with Arma v1.12 beta, no other mods.

Bye,

Pipin

Hi,

this is really an excellent addition to the game!

However I've found a problem with one of tank LOD... the tank track ara drawn over the rest of the model...

Fixed already. New version will be released soon smile_o.gif

Hi, good news; me and sure that many others are awaiting the

update on this pimp tanks. Let's C ya

Fixed already. New version will be released soon smile_o.gif

Great! thanks!

Bye,

Pipin

I'm changing ammo count. As Tigernan described, there should be 10,000 rounds for M240 coaxial. To do so i need to change ammo count in magazines. 2000 rounds per magazine will be good?

Coax ready box holds 2800 rounds but if 2000 is easier on the scripting and will cause less hair loss or it turning grey I say go with it. 2000 is more than enough for a string of fire.

Unrelated question, is it hard to change the ammo count in a magazine for the game? I have a rifle range that simulates the Marine Corps known distance course but I want the "shooters" to only start with five rounds in a mag.

Tigernan

P.S. Never got the setObjectTexture to work either. smile_o.gif

...is it hard to change the ammo count in a magazine for the game?

Well, it can take up to an entire 5 seconds to change so.. biggrin_o.gif

My engine sound idea was bad then i guess? biggrin_o.gif

Allright over to a question.

Would it be possible to incorporate just the LASE/DUMP from NWD FCS in a future release? Dont think it has to be very complex with range numbers etc. Just that you choose LASE and click somewhere to calibrate distance/impact for shells and MG. Nice feature but i guess it IS a complex thing to script.

Keep up the awesome work!

5 Seconds?!?! Oh man that is agonizing. Would love it though, that way on the rifle range the shooters have five round magazines to fire each stage of the course.

But on topic; love your mod Mateck. Eagerly await the next installment.

Tigernan

Not as lean, or as mean but always a Marine.

Just curious, do you guys have any plans to model a better T-72 or maybe T-80?

Over and out.

@Alex[Dev]72

I'm planing to release updated version today, and there will be no lase option, sorry wink_o.gif

About engine sound. It's not possible to set separate sounds for inside and outside of the tank via config file and that's bad.

Maybe I will create script, like ECS RC, that will add some additional sounds. Maybe in next major update.

@Rakgitarmen

Tiger205 is working on fictional T-72 modification. Mostly for learning purposes. Maybe we will add this tank to the pack in future releases smile_o.gif

In next update there will be T-72 with fixed armor values and hit-points included in the pack wink_o.gif

P.S. I decided to change only ammo count for M2 and mounted M240. I will not change ammo count for coaxial M240 wink_o.gif

Awesome work. Now just need you to make the Marine LAV series of vehicles. Ok, ok, just joking. All you have to make is the LAV-25. smile_o.gif

Sorry couldn't resist; I spent six years of my life practically living out of one so miss it dearly in the ArmA environment.

So just touching up the ammo counts to get them close to the listed amounts?

Tigernan

Currently Mateck is focusing on update of this M1A1. Meanwhile i managed to create few new camo schemes from the 80's that we will probably use in our next project M1/IPM1.

How about this babe!! notworthy.gif

leopard2tank-14.jpg

Yea i always wondered why nobody modded a Leopard2 yet, it would fit perfectly into the Schmalfelden map :P

@Mateck

hehe yes i understand you will not add LASE option for this next update, it was just a question if you guys could do it in the future.

About the engine sound. I listen to more engines now from outside and on many you can here that sound outside. So thats why i just gave you the idea of record it and mix it with only 20% volume into the engine sound you use now smile_o.gif So its not sounding loud but its there. It sounds very cool (and i guess realistic) when you hear it engine on. So it will be heard inside and outside like reality. But just not very loud in and less out. I dont really mind that as long as its there.

And it is only a 5 minute operation in Sound Forge to mix that sound into your excisting engine sound to test. But your the boss, and im allready happy as it is smile_o.gif

Regards

Alex

Not sure if it's mentioned but the replacement is *not* mp compatible at all.

It works on the end of the user, but anybody that doesn't have it gets some nasty looking stuff going on.

We tested them MP last night. I hosted and DIDNT have the replacement. My friend had the replacement. So we were in the same tank but he had Matecks and i the BIS standard. My friend reported that the replacement tank "jumped" a lot. When i added the replacement it stopped.

One cool thing though was the iron fist mission together with your replacement. In the lobby it gives you extra AI for the loading slot. I thaught that was great. Didnt think that was gonna happen. Thaught it would be 3 AI in each tank as normal. Very cool.

Howdy,

If the tank is replaced in the mission/map from the start then everyone that loads has to have it as per the ArmA standard. We do that on our (15th MEU Realism Unit) training server.

As for the replacement pack, we run into the same issue Alex mentioned about the jumping tank. Most our members that use the replacement pack during our latest Combined Arms Excersize on the drill server, mentioned that they saw hopping tanks.

Tigernan