Sign in to follow this  
kris018

thank you thank you thank you

finaly i can play on my 4 gig system, woohoo.

Now to some questions since i havent played arma or ofp in years now.

Is there a "best mods" tread for arma as we had in the ofp forum?

If not could someone recommend some "must have" mods for sp/coop missions?

Thx in advance

SimHQ is a good MP mission pack, really realistic.

I would definitely recommend Maddmatt's ArmAEffects. Additionally you should pick the sound replacement mod that best suits your tastes. FDF SoundMod for example.

ECS. If you want to use FDF soundpack or any other soundpack with ECS you would have to disable the ECS_Armory.pbo though.

ECS makes ArmA into what it should have been in the first place; smokestacks from chimneys, AI using flares and smoke automatically, first aid, catching fire, bleeding, weapon jams, AI doing house searches looking for you, better AI behaviour, AI supressive fires (sort of), dynamic weather, adding functions to certain buildings (i.e. Repair building), adding lots and lots and lots of ambient sounds to numerous buildings and locations (radios, telephones, beeches, fog horns etc).

And the best part is, it just works! No need to rebuild missions to use all this, you can even play the campaign straight off the box and it just works. Brilliant solution. Other addons may require a game logic to work, or insert lines of code here and there.

--

Another addon I just downloaded and simply love, is andys mags. It replaces the default satchel charge model of ammunition laying on the ground with proper models. Now you can actually see what ammo is laying on the ground. Brilliant little addon. ArmA should have this included as default if you ask me. Haven't tested it fully for problems though.

--

I also like some of the "true" mods; such as trueview. It just increases view angle limitations, so that you can see further back behind you while moving without turning your body. It also changes rifle zooms levels, so you should first try without it to see the difference. Maybe you like default behaviour better anyway, which has changed with 1.12 so I'm not sure how default ArmA feels like at this point.

--

NWD has some pretty decent addons as well. I like to use scopefix and ballistics mod, but not the rocket mods. You'll have to check these against vanilla ArmA and see what does what and disable what you don't like.

---

These were some of the MODS I am using. I have tested a few other mods and mod packages, but usually you will have to be a mission designer to fully take advantage of these. Some mods may not have signed, and you will be kicked off online games without warning or reason. This truly sucks. It would be understandeable on PvP games, but I don't think there is much reason to "cheat" during coop games, although cheaters will always exist confused_o.gif

To BIS: Getting kicked out of a game is fair game so to speak, but I'd like to know why. What do I use that conflicts the desired setup, so I can change it. Now, I have no clue.

kris018 you joined long time ago in this forum are you bit lazy to have a look into Addons:Complete thread? There could be a sticky... smile_o.gif

thx for reply all, and for sticky's, there is 1 smile_o.gif and thats to mutch hazzle to go trough all that stuff in that tread, just want to play again smile_o.gif

Why couldn't you play before? whistle.gif

4 gigs never worked for me before 1.12, no game should be needing to disable mem just to play, so i dident smile_o.gif

Patch feedback thread + A&M:C is what you were really looking for rather than creating your own private little thread wink_o.gif