Sign in to follow this  
Mark XIII (DayZ)

Hifi Sound FX V1.00 Released

Really enjoying the outstanding sound effects - when I hear them. Playing in small infantry vs infantry type engagements is fine. But as infantry surrounded by a large tank battle with artillery, helicopters and aircraft, the only sounds I hear are those which are real close, and then not all of them. There are no sound artifacts, distortion, or other indications of a problem, the distant sounds are just not there. It's as if I was deaf, which might be realistic after a real close explosion, but I don't think you modeled that wink_o.gif

so im not alone with this problem then?

i have the exact same problem..

at first i thought that it might have been the 1.14 patch but then i realised it must be this sound mod...

ArmA seems to try to model a kind of hearing loss by lowering the volume of certain sounds when many are being played near the player at one time. For whatever reason, it merely happens -more- with this mod than in default ArmA. Personally, I have only had it occur after firing a long burst from a minigun. It is not all that bad, but I wish it could be shortened somehow... *chin*

- dRb

I don't think it's that. I've had it occur a few time while flying a chopper and gunfire would sound outside... I switched to 1.14 at the same time as the latest version of this soundpack. So I don't know if it's 1.14 or this mod, anyone can confirm this happens without this mod at 1.14 as well?

Really enjoying the outstanding sound effects - when I hear them. Playing in small infantry vs infantry type engagements is fine. But as infantry surrounded by a large tank battle with artillery, helicopters and aircraft, the only sounds I hear are those which are real close, and then not all of them. There are no sound artifacts, distortion, or other indications of a problem, the distant sounds are just not there. It's as if I was deaf, which might be realistic after a real close explosion, but I don't think you modeled that wink_o.gif

so im not alone with this problem then?

i have the exact same problem..

at first i thought that it might have been the 1.14 patch but then i realised it must be this sound mod...

ArmA seems to try to model a kind of hearing loss by lowering the volume of certain sounds when many are being played near the player at one time. For whatever reason, it merely happens -more- with this mod than in default ArmA. Personally, I have only had it occur after firing a long burst from a minigun. It is not all that bad, but I wish it could be shortened somehow... *chin*

- dRb

you´re rigtht, i have the problem with default sounds too, just less noticable..

and after i switched the hardware acceleration and EAX off and on a couple of times the sound came back (default sounds)

my guess is that it´s something that has been altered in ArmA 1.12 beta patch and even more so in 1.14 patch...

maybe it´s something you could work around in the config?

but as i said earlier, im not a modder so i cant tell whats going on from a modders perspective.

you´re rigtht, i have the problem with default sounds too, just less noticable..

and after i switched the hardware acceleration and EAX off and on a couple of times the sound came back (default sounds)

my guess is that it´s something that has been altered in ArmA 1.12 beta patch and even more so in 1.14 patch...

You sure it wasn't always like this? I'm certain that I've always had it do this when too many sounds are going on. Usually occurs for me when several MGs are firing simultaneously on long bursts...it turns the sounds off. Some sort of sound equivalent of drop in FPS when too much going on for the hardware to handle? Got a feeling it use to do this in OFP as well.

You sure it wasn't always like this? I'm certain that I've always had it do this when too many sounds are going on. Usually occurs for me when several MGs are firing simultaneously on long bursts...it turns the sounds off. Some sort of sound equivalent of drop in FPS when too much going on for the hardware to handle? Got a feeling it use to do this in OFP as well.

yes, im very sure i didnt have this before 1.12 patch since i have had much bigger firefights then i have tried now without the sound loss.

and even if it has always been there it has defenitly got much worse after 1.14 patch (meaning, 4-5 rifles fireing simultaneous within 500m = no sound)

yesterday i lost the sound just by starting a car.

but yes, it´s realistic that the ears go "numb" from too high sounds, but it shouldnt be as bad as in ArmA currently.

I'm pretty sure the "muting" effect is to simulate temporary hearing loss or something. I remember it happening in OFP too, but (quite bizarrely) only when I kept honking the horn in a vehicle... huh.gif

It just seems to be a bit more noticeable with Mark's sounds, which are bloody excellent, by the way. My only criticism is that I keep getting the urge to fire wildly into the air because I love the new M16 sounds.

EDIT: beaten to it.

Think I'm finding my MG sound cutout problem being exacerbated by using Mark's sounds with that 'rate of fire' mod. Anyone else using the two together?

Heya guys,

Firstly, I'm really sorry for not releasing a 'promised' update...

The truth is this, I began making afew little changes ready for an update, as this was coming together I was also working on some Project 85 stuff. Since doing this, I've came up with  some nifty techniques in making weapon sounds in particular, so I began work on alittle something for this 'promised' update..Which has turned into quite a big update in a sense....A little and vague discription follows.....

Working title: HiFi FX 1.5 + HiFiFX Warfare

HiFi FX 1.5 Contents

New Vehical sounds (hopefully all vehical sounds)

Reworked Explosions (based on requests for more punch)

Reworked Armour Hits (based on Tank armour)

Reworking of some smallarms (as requested)

Cleaning up of some reload sounds

NEW breath sound & volume (9999999 times better)

Hifi FX Warfare Contents

New Explosion sounds (ALOT different to 1.5)

New Smallarms sounds (All weapons have sounds for Semi/Burst/Auto)

Possibly more content depending on how much free time I get, at the moment I'm blessed with a thirst for life (which includes sound editing) as I'm getting married to my good lady soon..And she must love me alot to put up with all the noise I make, F**k, Our house sounds like a warzone 90% of the time....

Ok, so your asking whats the difference right...Well, I think you've all gotten used to my HiFi FX addons, I also think you know what to expect from 1.5 (1.4 but better!?!?). Well, Warfare is a little different, It comes from some truely inspirational games of the new 'warfare' game mode brought in with 1.14. I've been playtesting beta versions of my addon online playing warfare since 1.4 so after afew discussions I began work on making a more 'robust & realistic' soundpack for use with warfare (although you can obviously use it as you like). I say robust because I've only added 2 new folders to the sound .pbo, These folders contain the new smallarms & explosions. HiFi Warfare will be accessed via a seperate config that will use some of HiFi 1.5's sounds (most of which shall be new anyway). I say realistic because 1.4 has alot of real weapon sounds already, 1.5 shall contain afew more..however, with HiFi Warfare I've been listening to & using more R/L footage than before, the weapon sounds are tighter, punchier & they all have different but consistent sounds for SEMI/BURST/AUTO modes of fire. The Explosions are also of the R/L kind but with an added HiFi style twist...all I'll say about this is someone afew weeks ago posted something along the lines of "I can't tell if I'm being hit by rocket's or shells"...Well, now you can..(When its finished).

I'm still sticking to half of that promise, the good half...I think you guys will be happy..

As usual, thankyou all for posting your thoughts on my latest offering. I do appreciate and try to take in all that you guys post, pm an email me.

Oh, before I forget...about this sound going quiet problem, I'm begining to believe its gotten worse with 1.14 too. I've always hated the fact you're not given the option to turn it off...You can turn the crosshair on/off....Why not the sound dampening system...? If anyone has any clues on how to help with this problem please post it here, we'd appreciate it.

Soooo, I hope you guys are enjoying the latest version 1.4 the next update will be along...well, when its good enough to release to you guys..so stay frosty!

Best Regards!

Mark XIII

hihibanner14a.png

Heya guys,

Firstly, I'm really sorry for not releasing a 'promised' update...

The truth is this, I began making afew little changes ready for an update, as this was coming together I was also working on some Project 85 stuff. Since doing this, I've came up with  some nifty techniques in making weapon sounds in particular, so I began work on alittle something for this 'promised' update..Which has turned into quite a big update in a sense....A little and vague discription follows.....

Working title: HiFi FX 1.5 + HiFiFX Warfare

HiFi FX 1.5 Contents

New Vehical sounds (hopefully all vehical sounds)

Reworked Explosions (based on requests for more punch)

Reworked Armour Hits (based on Tank armour)

Reworking of some smallarms (as requested)

Cleaning up of some reload sounds

NEW breath sound & volume (9999999 times better)

Hifi FX Warfare Contents

New Explosion sounds (ALOT different to 1.5)

New Smallarms sounds (All weapons have sounds for Semi/Burst/Auto)

Possibly more content depending on how much free time I get, at the moment I'm blessed with a thirst for life (which includes sound editing) as I'm getting married to my good lady soon..And she must love me alot to put up with all the noise I make, F**k, Our house sounds like a warzone 90% of the time....

Ok, so your asking whats the difference right...Well, I think you've all gotten used to my HiFi FX addons, I also think you know what to expect from 1.5 (1.4 but better!?!?). Well, Warfare is a little different, It comes from some truely inspirational games of the new 'warfare' game mode brought in with 1.14. I've been playtesting beta versions of my addon online playing warfare since 1.4 so after afew discussions I began work on making a more 'robust & realistic' soundpack for use with warfare (although you can obviously use it as you like). I say robust because I've only added 2 new folders to the sound .pbo, These folders contain the new smallarms & explosions. HiFi Warfare will be accessed via a seperate config that will use some of HiFi 1.5's sounds (most of which shall be new anyway). I say realistic because 1.4 has alot of real weapon sounds already, 1.5 shall contain afew more..however, with HiFi Warfare I've been listening to & using more R/L footage than before, the weapon sounds are tighter, punchier & they all have different but consistent sounds for SEMI/BURST/AUTO modes of fire. The Explosions are also of the R/L kind but with an added HiFi style twist...all I'll say about this is someone afew weeks ago posted something along the lines of "I can't tell if I'm being hit by rocket's or shells"...Well, now you can..(When its finished).

I'm still sticking to half of that promise, the good half...I think you guys will be happy..

As usual, thankyou all for posting your thoughts on my latest offering. I do appreciate and try to take in all that you guys post, pm an email me.

Oh, before I forget...about this sound going quiet problem, I'm begining to believe its gotten worse with 1.14 too. I've always hated the fact you're not given the option to turn it off...You can turn the crosshair on/off....Why not the sound dampening system...? If anyone has any clues on how to help with this problem please post it here, we'd appreciate it.

Soooo, I hope you guys are enjoying the latest version 1.4 the next update will be along...well, when its good enough to release to you guys..so stay frosty!

Best Regards

Mark XIII

hihibanner14a.png

Looks 'promising' biggrin_o.gif

Keep on doing good job!

Sounds great. I must say you keep outdoing yourself with each update. And this 1.15/HiFiFX Warfare sounds stunning already. Just don't go burning yourself out with all this great work, hehe.

On a side note, congratulations to you and yours with your soon-to-be marriage. thumbs-up.gif

I join the choir, in saying that I really appreciate this sound mod. The perspective of a new update with improved sounds makes me drool smile_o.gif

Thank you for your time and congratulations for your soon to come wedding ! Now, waiting for a download link wink_o.gif

Malick

Evening guys,

I was just wondering if I could call on you guys for alittle help?

Basically, I'm looking for any media I can use (copyright free obviously) to build up some new vehical sounds, I am & have been looking myself but it takes up quite abit of time, when it could be better used for editing. Anyways this is a 'request' for help so any clips audio/video clips of the relevent Arma based vehical engine sounds...land sea & air would be greatly appreciated, bear in mind I can use sounds as references too so quality would be great but its not paramount...

Anyways, hope your all still enjoying 1.4

Have fun

Best Regards

Mark XIII

I'm working on Skoda Estelle engine sound wink_o.gif also got some diesels done, but they sound weird as vehicles in ArmA got VERY low idle RPMs.

I have some sound library

pm me which sounds to you are necessary? If there is I shall upload//

who has car_alarm/Immobilizer sound???!!! help.gif

A little trailer (I'm posting this because Mark doesnt have enough time to do it) to shorten the waiting:

Thanks to Rico from the ADF mod for making the video! smile_o.gif

Also, there could be a sweet ambience surprize with 1.5 xmas_o.gif

Ok, I don't know how the hell I managed to miss that video, but daaaamn. I want to cry.

I think this time you've managed to top everything you've done up till now man. Excellent, excellent work. I can't wait till I can give this baby a whirl someday. I've always enjoyed your spectacular work and am positive I will certainly enjoy this bad boy. notworthy.gif

Hello out there...

Sorry for not being around much these days, I'm sure you guys appreciate the time schedule of my personal life right about now, if you don't then read afew pages back...I'm getting MARRIED biggrin_o.gif

Anyways back to shoptalk.

Thanks for the posts guys, appreciated...its update time

Progress report

Hifi 1.5

Smallarms 95%

Crew served 100%

Mounted arms 80%

Explosions 90%

Vehicals 60% sad_o.gif

Enviromental 50% mad_o.gif

Hifi Warfare

Smallarms 100% biggrin_o.gif

Crew Served 100%

Mounted arms 95%

Explosions 100%

Vehicals 60%

Enviromental 50%

Ok I missed some misc stuff out there like hit sounds and stuff, mostly because warfare shall be using slightly modified versions of 1.4's armour hit sounds while hifi 1.5 shall be using heavier plated armour hit sounds..stuff like that is not really any issue as I have the sources for these at hand.

Ok, a friend of mine up above ^^ asked for an ETA...well, it shall be done for my birthday I think and mos def before the wedding (if she'll still marry me by then..) besides which theres some stuff out there made by a good friend of mine which I'm sure your all loving right now...lol

..don't forget about me...(says a little voice)

rofl.gif

Take care people

I'll post back when I can...

Best Regards

Mark XIII

Hi,

As your request, I have vehicle sounds that made me loose some hours. biggrin_o.gif I have a good amount of weapon sounds too. Also, I have vehicle horn and explosion sounds that I did not add in here. Just unpbo the file to find the sounds.

Download

USMC NEEDER- Why thankyou very much mate, thats really nice of you, I'll give a good listen and hopefully this shall speed the process up quite abit.

Thankin YOU

Mark XIII

Hello out there...

I'm getting MARRIED  biggrin_o.gif

Best Regards

Mark XIII

welcome.gif welcoome to married club inlove.gif  ) CONGRATS))

========================================

after next six month we are wait you for welcome back to ours club))

hmmm)) sorry my engliz))

I've been playing ArmA again after being away from my PC for 2 months, and it sounds great smile_o.gif

I did just notice this topic, I think you should take a look at it. If you could lower breathing sounds to the same level as the standard ones then servers with sig checking will probably allow this mod.

I don't know if that really is the reason for this mod not being allowed, that's just what I read in the topic I linked to.

Heya there

Maddmatt- Thanks for pointing that thread out to me mate, I've posted my response which is basically, wait till 1.5/warfare as the volume levels & sound sample have been changed accordingly..

Thanks again, I don't get the time at the moment to look around here as much as I'd like to.

Best Regards

Mark XIII

hihibanner14a.png