Sign in to follow this  
PheonixFury

I don't understand the logic behind rank points.

For me they are not an encouragement to play more, but a discouragement. Why should I have to grind for days on one server trying to get up enough points to do the stuff I really find fun, like flying planes and helicopters?

Then I change servers, or the server resets, and I've got to do all that over again? This makes no sense.

Please, get rid of it.

Well that depends on what mission the server is playing. I presume your on about servers playing 'Evolution' mission(the most popular mission at the moment), where players must earn rank points to do stuff. Try looking for servers that are not playing this mission or variants of it (although i belive theres a variant 'Evolution - unlocked' where you can do any thing) and you may use any vehicles you wish, provided that the mission designer included vehicles to use in said mission.

Remember with ARMA there isnt really any set game modes like CTF,DM,TDM etc.. like with other games. It all depends on the individual mission and the mission designers imagination. Again unlike many other games, most missions played in MP on Arma are 3rd party rather then official missions from BIS, so it may be worth shopping around different servers and trying out what the community has to offer.

Its partly for stopping the noobs/gamewreckers getting their hands on the hardware.

It's part because server admins who allow only one mission to be played for days. I find that not amusing, and a show-stopper for the ArmA MP community.

Right now on most of the public servers you find either Evolution, Domination or Sahrani Life. Not too many options, ehh? This can be seen from the new players comments, some really think that THIS is the only MP part of arma, witch is in fact very wrong...I really hope i am not the only one thinking like this....

Yes, I'm not a big fan of EVO myself. Its an amazingly scripted mission, but it discourages teamplay.

People also seam to fear the usage of addons for some reason..

I'm just waiting for a good CTI to come out.

If people stopped playing Evo, servers would stop running it.

Fact is, it's a server filler.

Most of the new-to-Arma rocket scientists in my local community get frustrated when Evo isn't being played.

"Change the mission to Evo, guyz, we want to learn how to play this game."

To them, ArmA is Evo.

Incredibly frustrating since you need to take the time to answer idiotic questions to get them to play the game, knowing they'll never be able to coop in the OFP sense.

Online play sucks, because the players suck, as people.

This is why BIS needs to keep developing the SP AI for ArmA2.

Long live SP.

Online play sucks, because the players suck, as people.

This is why BIS needs to keep developing the SP AI for ArmA2.

Long live SP.

Double that, and because of that i play SP exclusively.

And that is getting better day by day, as ArmA works very well with 1.12, and more and more addons are available. smile_o.gif

I was playing a regular MP coop with a guy yesterday and when we seen a group of bad guys with an officer he was worried about killing the officer. I guess that's considered bad in evolution for some reason. There are people out there who actually think everything in evolution applies to all missions, lol. I personally hate evolution, I think it turns ArmA into an arcade game, not a realistic simulator. However, I do have respect for whoever created it because people really love to play it. But I do believe it gives new players the wrong impression of ArmA.

Hey now, I play Evo. It is frustrating that many people think its what Arma is all about where it is not.It is only a "user made mission" and its not made by BIS

I like to join a clan server and often a leader is commanding in a sense and we work together to take the cities so its not all run and gun without organization. I don't want to come in and ruin their game.

Evo/domination indeed got boring several months ago (allthough they are very nice missions).

I kinda miss the old bang your dead, REALLY dead missions without respawn. Used to be last man standing on a lot of those. They tend to keep you on your toes and force people to cooperate.

But hey, life's not perfect. I'm allready glad people still play arma and yes it's getting better and better.

(First time ECS ai started pounding my last known location was a thrill!wink_o.gif

It also depends how you play EVO and with who you play it, for instance yesterday we had a few of our men on from RGJ, some from the 75thR a few from RM and 1 from RAAB and we really had a good time. Teamwork was great. It all depends how you play the game in my opinion and that is what is so cool about ArmA you can make it as Realistic or Arcadish (don't think that is a word) as you want.

It also depends how you play EVO and with who you play it, for instance yesterday we had a few of our men on from RGJ, some from the 75thR a few from RM and 1 from RAAB and we really had a good time. Teamwork was great. It all depends how you play the game in my opinion and that is what is so cool about ArmA you can make it as Realistic or Arcadish (don't think that is a word) as you want.

Ditto.

The game is how you make it. smile_o.gif

I played an evo once which was an edited version everyone got into 2 blackhawks then both the blackhawks airlifted 2 hummvess and everyone was off to Eponia. We landed just south of Pacamac and drove the hummvess to Epiona and had a great normal coop style game on Evo attacking that place with Air/Ground assets in the fight it was great. Unranked Evo that was.