Sign in to follow this  
colligpip

cod 4 style missions

Has anybody made any missions that are exactly the same as the cod 4 game types ie sabotage , headquarters etc. I know that theres a load of c&H missions but they dont have the tight feel of cod 4 ones.

before anybody flames me or whatever they call it I know arma isnt cod 4 I just wondered if any had attempted to emulate it in cod4.

the reason I ask is cos i think that arma deserves some of the attention cod 4 gets and if there where some missions similar to cod we may lure some players over

look here

http://news.filefront.com/over-13....-a-tear

It could be done. Destroy the enemy AT gun with a satchel before time runs out etc..

But it hasn't been done and PvP isn't that big with the current arma player animations etc.. for some reason people don't think there fast enough but who knows someone might make the maps.

Would be nice.

and as for the animations not being fast enough, well aren't they motion captured to be realistic? I think the issue is how smoothly they flow from one to another with more variation needed not so much the speed (i play COD4 online a lot and it gets a lot like mario bros with the jumping and going prone at unreal speeds.).

CoD4 being the complete opposite to ArmA, I fail to see the real interest.

Playing tiny-stamp sized maps on a game that offer such a possible scale....

I bet that would be more fun with the bombs on the bridges :-)

Been playing a Beta Zombie mission in COD4 where all the bad guys (Zombies) run around an hunt the Survivers(good guys) with a knife an if ya die by a zombie u turn into one an join the hunting party rofl.gif  Lots of fun. Might be an idea for someone to convert the Mod Hexen... map into tounge2.gif

Hmm, thats sounds exactly like the Zombie panic! SOURCE mod for hl2..

i have been wanting to make Tango hunt style missions in OFP and ArmA but i don't know how to script it. It would count the tangos down as they were killed and when the last one is dead end the game. If anyone knows how to do this it would be greatly appreciated. We just don't have alot of hours to spend on stuff like Evolution.

We just don't have alot of hours to spend on stuff like Evolution.

yes thats exactly why i started this tread I dont always have time for long missons and i dont like evo anywway.

I would just go play cod 4 but somthing about it annoys me probably the lack of helis you can fly tanks etc.

I found arenafight in this mission pack is a bit like cod 4 but its not been tested properly.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=71618

it has lots of different locations that opposing forces are spawned 2 whilst staying in the same mission, so as to stop the annoying bit when it ends in missions.