Sign in to follow this  
Yeb

Realistic Designation

Sorry for my stubbornness Robalo.

I'm going to change the name of the makarov silenced to 6P9 Silenced.

Thanks for your help smile_o.gif.

Version 1.2 (Final version i hope)

Changelog:

2A42 Low ROF and 2A42 High ROF (thank Inkompetent for this idea)

Makarov SD -> 6p9

Fixed m107 name

M1030 -> M1030 M1

BRDM ATGM -> BRDM 9p137

T-72 -> T-72M1

M163A2 PIVADS

Fixed M168 name for M163A2

M2 -> M2HB

M4A1 SD -> M4A1 M68 QDS

SOF Laser Marker AN/PEQ-1

M9 Silenced -> M9 QDS

fixed rpg-7 name

new name for camel -> Camel F.1

Su34 -> Su-32MF (export version)

CRRC -> F-470 CRRC

RHIB -> NSW RIB M2

M240 for m1a1 -> M240C

Rationalized some names

Fixed some language issue

And many changes

Download links:

mihd

Media Fire

Does this change Kamov weapon name ?

I think i think "lev" for the fast mode canon where in french it should be "élevé" ? (yeah the game don't display accent very well).

Not sure if they are few other things like that, maybe related to beta, or it's your addon changing that ?

Edit : Hmm i am not sure i were using the 1.2 version of the addons. I will take a look at that & confirm if this problem is in it ^^

Normally it's fixed in 1.2, I am using the English version of arma (though i'm French) because i don't like the French translation, consequently, I did not test on the French version that much. But it should be fine in 1.2.

Howdy Yeb,

2 more things for you to fix smile_o.gif

1. high ROF is displayed as low ROF in weapons line 21

STR_DN_MODE_HIGH,"2A42 Low ROF"...

2. the Russian hand grenade modelled in Arma is not a RGO but a RGD-5.

Screenshot:

arma-rgd-5.jpg

Thanks.

The last version was made in a hurry and i've left many mistakes like some remaining name i thought i had fixed (like rpg-7d), same for 2a42.

And thanks for your input about the rgo, it'll be fixed in next version.

Thanks again Robalo!

Note to myself: Add Howdy to my vocabulary to shine in english lesson.

I don't think the laser designator is actually a SOFLAM. It's probably supposed to be one, but the model looks more like the GLTD II--which is basically just a SOFLAM with a data I/O module tacked on.

So, I propose that the name be changed to either "Ground Laser Target Designator II" or "Ground Laser Target Designator (GLTD) II".

This is a partially selfish gesture, as well, since there was more data on the GLTD II display way back when I made the rangefinder mod.

why do you have to add M4 M68 Aimpoint, etc, that's not correct, if anything, M4 M68 CCO, preferrably M4, M68, why are you putting the freakin NSN for the ACOG? it's just know as the acog, the old, and the new. I'm not quite sure why the developers got lazy and used the reticule for the old acog for the new one, also.

@NonWonderDog

Gonna fix that, thanks.

@olemissrebel

The latest version (1.2) has already fixed the issues you mention smile_o.gif, it's now M4 M68 and for the m16a4 acog, it is M16A4 RCO.

I'm currently having exam for the school, so the 1.2 has been a bit rushed, and i did not have time to change the names in the first page of this topic. Once, I'm on hollidays, I will fix some silly issue i left out and change some names thanks to Robalo and NonWonderDog feedbacks and many others. I must seem lazy as it's very easy to fix these issues and i apologize of it but don't worry, once the school is finished, i'll update this topic and my addon.

I'm aswell thinking about changing the description text of the weapons, vehicles, whatever. I know it may be useless and maybe a lost of time but I'll see what i can do.

hi yeb, hope your exam goes/ went well!

your addon is great but i think the ArmA a-10 is not an a-10c (cockpit 1, cockpit 2), but a regular a-10a (cockpit 1).

keep up the good work!

Hehe, don't worry LFO for my exams tounge2.gif.

And thanks for your input, I'm not a military expert, the only things i have is an internet connection and some free times for research and googling. And be sure It will be fixed, thanks again LFO!

By the way, I've installed the new patch and noticed bis has changed some names to more accurate (rpg-7v, M16A4 RCO, etc...). And as I expected (hoped), there are also some new interesting stuff, so I will try to make a 1.14 update once I'm less busy.

Finally, i got version 1.3 finished: fixed names, more accurate names and designation.

Main changes:

T-72 -> T-72M with fixed cannon name: 2A46-1 125mm

AKS-74U SD -> AKS-74U PBS-1

AZP 85 -> 2A7M 23mm

Fixed A-10 name -> A-10A Thunderbolt II

Fixed RGO name -> RGD-5 Hand Grenade

Fixed Laser designator name -> Ground Laser Target Designator (GLTD) II

And more minor fixes

Here are some dl links for 1.3:

MediaFire

MiHd

Big thanks to Robalo, NonWonderDog and LFO and others i may forget who help me out to fix names because of my incompetence tounge2.gif.

Hi,

can you add: STR_DN_HE_6G30 = "VOG-25P" to your config?

That's the ammunition for the 6G30 and the string is originally missing.

Thanks for the mirrors: added to the first page.

@i0n0s

When I bought QG, I tryied the 6G30 but it was half finished confused_o.gif.

I'll take a look anyway.

About patch 1.14, i tryied to rename new equiment 1.14 brought (especially m2/mk19 on tripod, etc..) and I magnificently failed but i'll try again asap.

Hey thanx for the update Yab, I wonder if the previous mod version was giving me the "/burst is not a class" error.

@CrazyAce

Weird, I did not have any issue of this kind so far, even with previous version, are you using other addons?

Hey thanx for the update Yab, I wonder if the previous mod version was giving me the "/burst is not a class" error.

That's caused by another AddOns/Mod but I can't remember which. List which ones you use and I can tell you which be the culprit.

Now that error only happens when I play WarFare any warfare mission.

+++DISABLED, but listed mods+++

BPARealsounds

Hamis_Sounds

+++ENABLED mods+++

M4M16

CMCD 1st Infantry Division

RAF Chinook

CVN-68

DMSmoke

DurgsVegetationFix

Eddydair

Extended_Eventhandlers