Sign in to follow this  
Sever26

new to arma

Hey got some of the basics down but really be a great help if i can get someone to play with to help me threw some things...i live in north carolina and play mostly on the weekends please help email me if you like thank you dwitt26nc@gmail.com

DEO VINDICE

Just get onto some full coop evolution server and follow the crowd.

People are usualy quite helpfull and you will learn most of the basics in there

thanks for the info...do you know if you can use the xbox 360 controller for flying helicopters

start slow and play some of the single player games in the beginning, maby build up to the campaign if you feel ready. the game has some good single player missions that will get you all around familiar with the game.

in general start with infantry(solo then squad), move up to tanks, then helicopters, than aircraft, separately, after that slowly combine them in the same mission.

understand there is a learning curve in the game and acknowledge that the early frustration is temporary as you get used to the game and develop your own style of game play. banghead.gif this is a totaly different game then counterstrike.

(i rarely play online so this may or may not be the best advice for you) band.gif

my advice would be to play *very* cautiously. This means try to stay in safe spots and try not to stay in one spot for too long. I find that defending from a distance is easier than assaulting, but much harder in close.

What exactly is it that your trying to improve?

I don't play MP anymore, but I found downloading the shooting range missions really helped with my accuracy when playing PvP.

Hi all

Simple rules to ArmA

CRAWL!

What want more?

When someone shoots at you AI or human get down face toward them so you present the least target, assess best cover. Get to cover.

When killing others long range in the back is best. Do not miss.

Attack helicopters kill tanks, tanks kill other tanks vehicles and people, AA rockets and Shilkas kill Attack helicopters. Javelins kill tanks. Mines and Satchels kill tanks. IFVs are bullet magnets and should stay at least 300m from your front lines.

This is not BF and trees and bushes are not cover they are concealment. Shooting at me from a bush or tree and missing means the tree/bush gets it full auto, the AI knows this too.

Cover is: land, big chunks of it, mountains are best. Then houses preferably several. Walls do not stop bigger bullets such as tank shells.

Reverse slope is a tactic that works use it.

Always flank, even the AI knows this. The navy call it crossing the T. Firing at targets all in the same column is easier and get it right and there will be a lot of blue on blue to help you too.

AI got better since 1.11.

So expect the game to get harder. Computers beat humans at chess now they will eventually beat humans in ArmA 1 to 1. I used to beat AI 30 to 1 or so. Rumours and Marek say AI is 5 to human 1 now; I need to do some more testing before I give my opinion.

MP Join a clan.

As Montgomery said "the Plan is the thing" make a plan.

For more complex rules Dslyecxi wrote the book

http://dslyecxi.com/armattp.html

The online version is free you need to read it!

You can buy it from LuLu, pay the extra get the colour version

http://stores.lulu.com/dslyecxi

It is considered to be the definitive book on FPS gaming Tactics Techniques and Procedures (TTP).

TrackIR is the most useful piece of kit for ArmA and more important than a joystick.

Kind Regards walker

Okay one simple question.

How I tell to teammates my position in game if asked.

Sometimes in multipl.they ask what is my pos,so how I can

without texttyping inform my position.

Oh one more thing,how to mark target in map in mp that everybody

can see if I am not teamleader.

Hope you understand what I mean.

If they are in your group they can just double-tap 'Esc' and your position will be shown on their screen (if the difficulty settings allows it, which they most often do on what servers I've played).

If they are not in your group you'll either have to mark your position on the map (double-click, choose icon by scrolling with arrow keys, and type message), or write text message with coordinates/description of position.

To mark targets for people not in your group all you can do is to make a marker on the map like described above.

DEO VINDICE

I would not flash that around if I where you, mate.

You can put down map icons in the same channels that you use to talk in. The default is the side channel, I think. I think you can change icon channels using the same keys you use to change the comm channels.