Sign in to follow this  
Rocco

1.09 servers

Topic says it all, the beta 1.09 patch runs smoother then the 1.08, but still, there are very few 1.09 servers. are people to lazy to install the patch on their servers or are they scared because it´s a "beta" patch?

might just be because meny are running on linux servers, and there aren't a linux version of 1.09b

might just be because meny are running on linux servers,  and there aren't a linux version of 1.09b

yup and a lot people don' feel/think that betas are not good enough to be installed because they are betas.. confused_o.gif

IMO ARMA was meant to be beta no matter what version.

personally i prefer to test the beta patches myself and update the server when the full patch is out....all of our members as well prefer that....

although it is easy and straightforward to uninstall patches lots of people don't want the hassle of installing something, update manually QG then uninstalling it then putting something else...just want one click update....

The main reason for the bigger communities/servers out there, are as far as I know, the "50 player" bug.

ArmA v1.09 servers crash, when 50 or more players are on it smile_o.gif

I believe this is next to the "No-Linux deddy server", the main reason for v1.08servers.

Well it is a shame but it happens.. but on the bright side its not long now until the new patch.. I'm just hoping tomorrow is the day or i might do something stupid and jump of a bridge ^^

Isn't the new patch also a beta?

We actually run 1.09b from the beginning on our Server (Coop/A&D) and it work's fine. I just notice that there's a lack of 1.09b server when i'm in the mood of playing a domination.

MfG Medicus

WOW Been playin the Beta since release around Christmas time.. for HOURS at a time with no crashes. i switch back to 1.08 an may crash 5 to 15 mins into game. 1.09 beta i can set my view distance on my NVidia 7800 an run 3500(Evo) 5000(Dom) no prob on Normal an some high. Lil too late now though as the 1.11 may be here soon. Just my 2 cents.

i think i read it too that the new patch will only be a beta. when do we get the offical patch, 2 or 3 weeks from now on or do we talk about months?

Dunno like i said it improved my ArmA gameplay considerably can't wait for the new Beta to see what we get with it fixs/changes etc biggrin_o.gif

So are you guys saying that the 1.09 patch will not be a complete patch when its released?

As in its a beta now and then they will beta it again?

I wont put a beta on my machine, no I am not afraid of teh word LOL but I am old and trust nothing and nobody!

As the the beta-patches work like mod`s, you can start ArmA 1.08 after installing 1.09 beta.

1.09 beta works much better than 1.08 final, but with a 50+ player bug on servers. whistle.gif

The beta patch is incredible. I can actually see in the distance and the frames per second are better. The map is instant now, so you can flick between the map and game without flying into a hill smile_o.gif

Shame about Linux sad_o.gif More people should try the beta, it is only an addon folder and you can play 1.08 anytime you like. Takes a moment to setup...a must for 8800 users.