Sign in to follow this  
canis lupus

Resistance Units

Well said regarding not having insignias on the resistance side Wolfrug. smile_o.gif

IMO they are far more versitile without any symbols.

Plus if you choose to use the organized force of bad guys, the freedom fighters of the resistance side (as they stand currently) are clearly in oppsosition to them, without the need for any symbols.

On a related note, I really like the idea taking the resistance side survivors, and randomly assigning some to west side and some to east side (probably using DAC) and then when the player sees some of them off in the distance, he won't know right away if they are hostile or indifferent.  Kinda reminds me of that book "The Road".  But this idea (and many others) would not be possible if all the resistance end up with symbols...

btw - Love all the new stuff agamoth. biggrin_o.gif

ok, just a small problem.

When i load up the addon, and place a unit in ramadi, i get an error wen i preview the mission, somthing about OFP and skeletons.

I click preview again and the game is all fooked up, random coloured spikes everywhere.

So i close the game, start it up, place a regular unit in ramadi, preview, its fine.

Then i place a freedom fighter, and its working, but for some reason i hav to place the regular dude first, any idea?

yeah try looking back a few pages your not the first one to get this... don't know why it does this yet but I'm working on it...

USSRsniper is working on a sawn-off shotgun

shotguncf1vo7.jpg

So your mod is based time like Fallouts?

What years your mod will be?

2100-2200?

I was thinking of having a timespan from 2009 and up... I wan't the fallout stage to be available but also something that kind of says this could be tomorrow

thats very hard to say... the progress is very fast but there is a lot to do... however there will hopefully be an early release of it we could call it a demo but what I really wan't is to release a new version with at least some of the larger bugs fixed

if u need a tester lemme know biggrin_o.gif ur addon sounds interesting lately ive been in the mood for alot of Horror Zombie type movies and makes me wanna play games or mods like that, and so ive been looking for these kinda mods in ArmA alot now heh

love your work so far, but i was wondering if you had plans to release a version of the resistance fighters inside a separate addon? reason for asking was i figure a lot of people would be interested in those (for their versatility), but not too keen to use the rest of the units that are planned to be added to the pack.

I would have to agree with you there.

One of the things that make most add-on units hard to use, is that they become too specific.

Generic versions of any specific group/unit people will always be a bonus because of versatility.

Love everything so far though.

Well, I think that as long as the extra objects and vehicles and such are done with style and enough "genericness" (that is to say, as mentioned, no markings, no futuristic laser cannons, no 'death to zombies!!' texts and so on), they should be useable in just about any scenario. For good inspiration, check out the vehicles used by the resistance in ye olde CSLA II for OFP : Pic 1, Pic 2, Pic 3, Pic 4. Note especially the way they've put the "blinds" over the windows to protect them from incoming shrapnel/gunfire biggrin_o.gif

Anyway : carry on!

Regards,

Wolfrug

Agamoth, I better think you should make it 2050 and up...

Many o f our weapons will be still alive there...

I could make sure to make the resistance fighters stays as a stand alone addon so they are both in the PA mod and as a single addon...

I am trying to make this with larger possebilities of use so Wolfrug your right there will not be any "death to zombies" texts anywhere and no laser guns if you want that your will need to mix it up  with the alien mod...

ábout the year... well its up to you I don't plan to make calender objects or anything

update on the shotgun

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1886/shotgun2da9.jpg

just a quick question, i have been looking through the configs, and i am just wondering how i change it so that i can spawn the units in the editor as blufor, i now you can change the mission.sqm , but its a bit of a hassle.

Would appreciate the help

Winters

just a quick question, i have been looking through the configs, and i am just wondering how i change it so that i can spawn the units in the editor as blufor, i now you can change the mission.sqm , but its a bit of a hassle.

Would appreciate the help

Winters

No need for a cfg, just create one bluefor soldier with maximum rank and 0% chance of appearence and link the freedom fighters so he is leader. They'll be bluefor smile_o.gif .

Ah ok, what about the opfor dudes, cos they look pretty awesome and i can think of some uses for them on blufor

hmmm might be a problem but it seems like it will end up like this.

BLUFOR- The Resistance

OPFOR- New Order

RESISTANCE- Mutants and Aliens. Thats because Mutants will not work on Resistance units if placed in resistance.

I'm still working on making the units available on all sides but so far I just get errors but you can change the config under each units there should be line that says "side =" and then the side you can simply change that

ArmaVidz made a trailer its on the frontpage

I'm still working on making the units available on all sides but so far I just get errors but you can change the config under each units there should be line that says "side =" and then the side you can simply change that

ArmaVidz made a trailer its on the frontpage

i must say, well done on the trailer looks good biggrin_o.gif cant wait for the Mod to be complete

Using the units on patch 1.09 with RH Pistols the pistol models are not visible.

Anybody else noticed this?

yeah I'm working on that found the reason but for some reason it doesn't help correcting the problem but I'm on it

Be cool once the mod is released if you could get Wipman to produce faces for your characters to be in the mod. Placed in the menu so they could look scarred, mutated, and bloody like you did for some resistance units on their clothes.