Sign in to follow this  
Delta Hawk

Delta's Fire Department needs your opinion!

I would like your opinion, yes, yours, so please click the lil REPLY button just over there and tell me what you think.  Why?  Because this addon is endangered.  If this addon is even released for OFP, much less ArmA, it will probably only contain the Pierce Pumper and not the aerial.  Why not the aerial?  Cause it is complicated with over 30 actions ranging from the outriggers to Aerial Master Powers to pump systems to lights and sirens, plus it's way to ahead of it's time, and i don't want to listen to ppl cry cause it's too complicated for OFP, and i don't know how to make it MP compatible.  Why i want your opinion is if this should be convert to ArmA with the release prolong a LONG LONG LONG time unless someone takes the job, or should i just pack up the pumper and release as nothing more than just another good looking ofp truck? I'd like your opinions in order to make better addons for the ofp community.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/deltahawk/firetruckpre1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/deltahawk/firetruckpre2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/deltahawk/firetruckpre3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/deltahawk/firetruckpre4.jpg

wow the EMS vehicles looks great Hawk - release for OFP - and release it as a nice looking OFP truck - is it possible (not getting technical here) to have the aerial - and use a function button similar to the TOW launcher on the Bradley to put it "static" configuration - aerial boom goes up and outriggers go out huh.gif

This is what OFP has been lacking - serious EMS vehicles - add a touch more realism when using SWAT units on Ocean Island!

-Chapman

Delta Hawk,

Posting images over a 100kb is not allowed. Please review the rules.

How is this thread not a request or differ from the last one?

sorry bout that hoz.  it's not a request cuz i'm currently making it...i'm trying to discuss it with the ofp community and find out thier opinion and ideas and what they'd like.  The last thread in ArmA wasn't a request neither but a discussion of it being convert and seeing how many ppl would like it for ArmA.  It's not a request at all, just a discussion of whether or not it should be continued.

About the aerial, it is fully functional except the basket being leveled and i have not yet implemented any water pump systems.  The outriggers are correctly funcational too, they extend horizontally out of the truck, and the individual legs vertically push down, actually lifting the back of the truck up.  To be techinical, you drive the truck, stop, put out chalk blocks, engage Gen PTO, extend and adjust outriggers, engage Aerial PTO, get in as the gunner, adjust the ladder, and then climb up it.  In the end, if finished, u'd have the option of routing water through the ladder to the hoses at the front of the basket.

The truck is never "static" in ofp, just unable to go forward when you have the Gen PTO engaged.

Firstly I have to say, both the pumper and the aerial look fantastic.

Personally, I wish you would release both in their current states into OFP. People are forever demanding more realism in game and without knowing precisely how an aerial platform works, it sounds like you have it very close to real life. Plus this community often gets stuck into new/revolutionary features and irons out bugs pretty quick.

Lastly, forget about MP compatibility, most community members would be delighted just to be able to play fireman in SP!

Keep up the good work!

I've been patiently waiting for these addons to come out since I saw your first post about the topic. I would love to see these addons released, even in their current 'beta' status.

On the topic of the basket not being level on your tower ladder. Have you considered removing the 'basket' portion of the ladder and making it rear mounted aerial truck? This would do away with your issue of not having the basket level.

In any case, I would love to see these addons released in any form. Thanks for your hard work!

Wow nbice trucks, relase immediately!

They look fabulastic! Though, I wonder, would it be possible to have two releases - one simple, without any special functions, as MP eye-candy, and the other, with all the razzle-dazzle sfx, for SP? But definitely, release for OFP!!! yay.gif

definatly release for OFP. ive been waiting for some sweet fire units for OFP and seeing the fire trucks down the road from my house makes the wait so much harder.

im down with just a pumper

either way i need a truck and ems units for my mission

This stuff looks great! Release it for OFP, because there ain't many units like this (I don't know if any exist   tounge2.gif  ). It could be good addon for background of some AntiTerrorist misson or whatever.

Igor

I´ve been waiting for these trucks for a loong time now...I think you should release for ofp. Nevermind the "basket" problem or whatever for now and release it as a first beta version. These trucks look great and if you´ve come this far it would be insane to flush it all down the drain. Will we perhaps see the ambulance and the smaller firetruck in a near future? Keep up the good work! notworthy.gif

I say release it. It's looking good, and OFP needs some fire units.

Any chance of the EMS unit or any rescue units being released in the near future?

Well I go with the others... Since we had news some time ago, about the ERT packs, I started 2 imagine OFP with a Police/Fire/EMS look, and God knows we wished for those to come our way. The police pack is superb, and am sure the fire apparatus will be at the same quality peak. Like a kid waiting for Santa Claus, I don't mind if the basket doesn't function properly, as I will be happy enough just to have it (to have it at 100% functionality would be great, but I understand the hassles).

Fire away for OFP, I still wish for the Department to be operational soon...

Oh, and GREAT JOB !!! Thanks a million.

I would look at converting it to ArmA....

With ArmA you can go alot further than the OFP engine....

The fire trucks are excellent in designed and great texture work.... with ArmA it can show off the detail and the work that you have put into it... we have alot of great talent in ArmA addons and script writers that can help you to make this addon go alot further...

So I would look at not just releasing it in OFP but give the ArmA ppl the benefit to use your addon aswell...

Keep up the good work and hope to see it in ArmA....

About the bucket angle, the aerial ladder at the firehosue near me has theres stored at an angle so couldnt you put it at an angle so when its up it looks correct?