_Pingu_

Claymores finally released

Hi, the Claymores and other similar kind of AP/MP mines use to be

activated by one man on the squad if you gonna use 'em to make

an ambush againist wheeled (car alike) vehicles or on foot personel

and then the party will begin when you want; ever that you've

placed right the mines and the targets don't spot 'em... "ruining the

party to your squad..." or squads. Let's C ya

i've added these to my server but when i restart the server it just seems to hang without ever actually loading, anyone have any ideas?

I'd like to give these a good testing on mp!

Ohhh nasty... With the SLX mod infantry walking in front of these nasty devices will literally be blown into small char-broiled hunks of flesh...

sorry to dig up this thread, but I have a little problem (which is not affecting the game, but...)

My claymores are not numbered. I got the hint saying: number of claymore is scalar, while should indicate a number instead of the word SCALAR... any idea?

Yup. You need to put a claymore ammo box on the map somewhere. It'll work fine after that. smile_o.gif

Ohhh nasty... With the SLX mod infantry walking in front of these nasty devices will literally be blown into small char-broiled hunks of flesh...

I tried this out with line patrol. The trigger man gets the "ash tray treatment" everyone else were left sprawled with blood as usual. Need to try in a more bunched up formation to see if it becomes a group ash tray goodnight.gif

I´m not quite sure why but for some reason I can´t use them on the OFrP infantery sombody has the same expreience or at least a reason why. I Asked in the OFrP forums without any answere yet on the Problem and Basicly I like the units and want to use them with the Claymores.

To be a bit more Precise in error description i can take the Claymores out of the Box but can´t place them anywhere with the units. At least by hittin g they appear in the Gear Dialog.

Thank you for the answere in advance

Kind Regards

Shaolin [sgt] @ July 30 2008,07:16)]I´m not quite sure why but for some reason I can´t use them on the OFrP infantery sombody has the same expreience or at least a reason why. I Asked in the OFrP forums without any answere yet on the Problem and Basicly I like the units and want to use them with the Claymores.

To be a bit more Precise in error description i can take the Claymores out of the Box but can´t place them anywhere with the units. At least by hittin g they appear in the Gear Dialog.

Kind Regards

i get the same problem with vila's soldiers sad_o.gif

Shaolin [sgt] @ July 30 2008,00:16)]I´m not quite sure why but for some reason I can´t use them on the OFrP infantery sombody has the same expreience or at least a reason why. I Asked in the OFrP forums without any answere yet on the Problem and Basicly I like the units and want to use them with the Claymores.

Kind Regards

Yup I get the same problem. Offtopic but the OFrP mines, bombs and mortars don't work with soldiers other then their own as well. (At least the other units I've tried.)

Judging from this I'm gonna state the obvious and say there's some sort of conflict going on. Or they where designed that way. I'm a genius, huh? wink_o.gif

Shaolin [sgt] @ July 30 2008,00:16)]I´m not quite sure why but for some reason I can´t use them on the OFrP infantery sombody has the same expreience or at least a reason why. I Asked in the OFrP forums without any answere yet on the Problem and Basicly I like the units and want to use them with the Claymores.

Kind Regards

Yup I get the same problem. Offtopic but the OFrP mines, bombs and mortars don't work with soldiers other then their own as well. (At least the other units I've tried.)

Judging from this I'm gonna state the obvious and say there's some sort of conflict going on. Or they where designed that way. I'm a genius, huh?  wink_o.gif

Since the Claymores rely on XEH to work i´m guessing that OFrP and aforementioned vilas units dont make proper use of extended eventhandlers, hence destroying any compatibility with XEH compliant addons.

hmmm in that case i can only do one thing (in my case) VILAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS FIX THOSE UNITS NOW !!!!! tounge2.gif

Shouldn't that go in his thread? I agree though. I wish XEH was standard practice, or there was a way to ensure things didn't conflict with XEH with out actually being dependent on it.

i tested more types of units and it seems the mercenary's from SJB weapon pack doens't work either so i think something is keeping the XEH from activating with the claymores (the Hide option (also XEH dependant) is working fully)

update: i tested the Solid snake character from the HDT island project and removed all its weapons (as it comes with the claymores standard) and when i pick up a claymore from the box it works like a charm so it must have something to do with a piece of code in the Solid snake addon wich is missing in the other units

First, let me say this addon is one of the best created and our organziation uses it alot. I was wondering, if anyone knows of and/or would care to share the use of any other type of working Armed Assault mine. I am looking for a "Bouncing Betty" or "S" type of mine. It's a same COC has not converted over thier mine pack. I also believe there was an Russian Organization that had a very good selection of mine and booby traps as well.

Would love to see the claymore with infrared trigger build in to arma oa by BI as standard engineer equipment. A lot can be said about COD4, but i loved the claymores in that game. Just point your character in the right direction, place the mine and it is set and armed.