S. Chapman

Where did you get that HUMMV?

Iraqi_checkpoint-1.jpg

Iraqi National Guard checkpoint

Great work guys - fantastic island so far

Cheers,

S. Chapman

Where did you get that HUMMV?

IIRC - thats from SEF's Humvee Pack - can't remember exactly but I think SEF pack has shields on some of their Humvees - its not from CBT's pack.

-Chapman

Wierd I loaded the map up in teh editor and had framerates all over the place. Open area where i had long view distances it dropped to as low as 12 frames and if i turned right and looked at building it jumped as high as 75. Now i didn't run it as a mission maybe that will make a difference but if the frames dont get any higher than that on the next version you can almost bet people wont play it. I mean that was with just 1 player added i cant imagine a 100 units through the map. BUT that being siad i love the map and the way it looks. It could use some dirtying up as well as people have suggested but keep up the good work lookin good. Once you complete it hit me up ill host it for you (i host a few other mods as well)

Wierd I loaded the map up in teh editor and had framerates all over the place. Open area where i had long view distances it dropped to as low as 12 frames and if i turned right and looked at building it jumped as high as 75. Now i didn't run it as a mission maybe that will make a difference but if the frames dont get any higher than that on the next version you can almost bet people wont play it. I mean that was with just 1 player added i cant imagine a 100 units through the map. BUT that being siad i love the map and the way it looks. It could use some dirtying up as well as people have suggested but keep up the good work lookin good. Once you complete it hit me up ill host it for you (i host a few other mods as well)

Here is OFP config suggestion :

**Optimized gameplay(acceptable graphics)

Here is a link to my settings

Also, add 1/5 to 1/4 of fog from the mission editor...

- Will be added in README file... smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]**Optimized gameplay(acceptable graphics)

I haven't had a chance to try the earlier version, but I'll try ver.03. I'm disappointed in your video settings, I normally run full frame rate, all shadows and normal terrain detail. I like to be able to hit the dirt and have a little cover wink_o.gif . Hopefully the settings are specific to your machine...I'll find out and update post.

Quote[/b] ]**Optimized gameplay(acceptable graphics)

Hopefully the settings are specific to your machine...

yes, it's suggested configs ... it may vary from one computer to another...

...My computer is medium in graphic performances...

@Pillum

Well I tried the map and it looks really good. I did have to pretty much reduce my settings to match yours to reduce the lag, except going lower on frame rate made it choppy. So I kept full frame rate.

Somethings I discoverd you'll want to fix, one is the "concrete" sections in the center of the main highway through town, where the light poles are stand up vertically when run over by heavy vehicles like M113 and tanks. Sometimes the vehicle gets caught on it and is lifted into the air or flipped over.

FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE%202008-02-20%2020-39-54-18.jpg

FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE%202008-02-20%2020-39-55-84.jpg

Yet there is another area where this does not happen, but the tracks just pass through...no elevation.

FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE%202008-02-20%2020-39-29-71.jpg

Another one is an area around like a Mosque with no texture and a raised paved part has no elevation.

FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE%202008-02-20%2020-32-06-51.jpg

Pillum you should also post your res prefrances page, that make a lot of differances in operation of the game even more so the geo related stuff.

@Pillum

Well I tried the map and it looks really good. I did have to pretty much reduce my settings to match yours to reduce the lag, except going lower on frame rate made it choppy. So I kept full frame rate.

Somethings I discoverd you'll want to fix, one is the "concrete" sections in the center of the main highway through town, where the light poles are stand up vertically when run over by heavy vehicles like M113 and tanks. Sometimes the vehicle gets caught on it and is lifted into the air or flipped over.

I will have a look on APCs crossing center roads...I always used a Humvee for testings...also, the map look to much degraded on your pictures... confused_o.gif

OPF preferences :

OFP preferences

The pictures on the 1st post of this topic was showing my map in my current settings...

@Pillum

Another one is an area around like a Mosque with no texture and a raised paved part has no elevation.

FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE%202008-02-20%2020-32-06-51.jpg

Thx a lot m8, for time and pictures. You can be sure I will take care of this paved part...

notworthy.gif

Zuku1 - is that BMP-3 from the VITAPC pack ?

Pillum keep up the great work - other than the bridge error - your island is running free of bugs & errors.

Cheers,

Chapman

Quote[/b] ]Zuku1 - is that BMP-3 from the VITAPC pack ?

Quote[/b] ]It looks like Vladimir's old BMP3...

[url=http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=3407

Chapman is correct, although Vit's APC and the older one look very similar.

@Pillum

Pics are kinda low res for file size sake.

0.4 Updates :

kinkfixni6.th.jpg

some other bugs fixed, like the ciment mosquee ground and a section of small center road with wrong texture...

+ Impassable area around mosquee fixed.

* many others(new buildings, texture upgrades, map growing and fixs)

Pillum - just wondering if you have considered a fuel station/service station near the main highway ? Just thinking it might add to the map ? For your consideration.

Chapman

Pillum - just wondering if you have considered a fuel station/service station near the main highway ? Just thinking it might add to the map ? For your consideration.

Chapman

Good idea, there is plenty of space in the indus facing the highway... biggrin_o.gif

- added. wink_o.gif

Pillum - just noticed a bug on the roof of the Apartment surrounded by the Hesco Barriers - seems to have difficult time moving around up there - invisible walls - something is blocking movement. Height issue ?

-Chapman

Pillum - just noticed a bug on the roof of the Apartment surrounded by the Hesco Barriers - seems to have difficult time moving around up there - invisible walls - something is blocking movement. Height issue ?

-Chapman

thx a lot ! ...fixed.

I'm thinking of putting an observation post there, with ING camo.

whistle.gif

sweet - its the highest point in the city center - correct me if I'm wrong wasn't rooftop fighting a major part of the battle of Fallujah & An Najaf ?

Cheers,

-Chapman

What ofp always lacked was big cities and I always encourage "big cities" maps even if they dont give much space for suburbia etc...

Im not even gonna ask what that BMP-3M KAKTUS ERA is doing there.

Im not even gonna ask what that BMP-3M KAKTUS ERA is doing there.

icon_rolleyes.gif

It's a map. They can put on whatever units they want on it. Whether you think it's realistic or not. What would you think if I put an Mi-8 on a modern themed Iraq map?

OFP is, afterall, a game. With which we can do whatever we want.

Ontopic:

I like the map Pillum. It has renewed my lust for creating missions in a dusty sand pit.