Sign in to follow this  
Pillum

OFP BOF mod

BOF Mod is looking for you !!!

BOF Mod need support to finish this project, join us now !

Anything you can do, can help !

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Island looks awesome and has Iraqi feeling, good job! thumbs-up.gif

But... it's a bit laggy. Not everywhere, of course, but in some places (like on highway, in the centre of city) i have 1-2 fps. Is it possible to make it more playable? huh.gif

Very good, but as for feedback, I would like to tell you that the city it pretty laggy and you should work on that. It may be the buildings and roads too close to each other. Oh and I like how every building is enter-able. (i think)

Island looks awesome and has Iraqi feeling, good job! thumbs-up.gif

But... it's a bit laggy. Not everywhere, of course, but in some places (like on highway, in the centre of city) i have 1-2 fps. Is it possible to make it more playable? huh.gif

Sure m8, I will keep a close eye on lag issue.

And every1, thank you, very motivating !

biggrin_o.gif

Awesome map - but its even laggy on my computer - couldn't imagine what it would be like for a huge firefight.

I found one bug - the bridge by the highway is all distorted and can't be used by vehicles (sections at different heights).

Cheers,

S. Chapman

Awesome map - but its even laggy on my computer - couldn't imagine what it would be like for a huge firefight.

I found one bug - the bridge by the highway is all distorted and can't be used by vehicles (sections at different heights).

Cheers,

S. Chapman

There will be a new BETA very very soon, hopefuly this will fix :

1- A little of the lag issue(comming from center of industrial area)

2- The bridge heights

3- The palm in the middle of the road....(dunno how he get there...lol)

All of this b4 starting of the final modeling part to finish this map.

just tried a small firefight - 3 insurgent teams (Rebelmans) versus 1 US Basic / 1 US Weapons & 3 Humvees (MCM Pack) - a bit laggy but still playable - played out in the junkyard area - very nice - lots of hiding spots !

Just one thing I noticed - I find the lag is an issue when there are a lot of telephone/power lines in the Line-of-sight - could this be the issue of the lag ?

As well - in the junkyard buildings (or compounds) is it possible to add a gate in the rear - so you can bypass through it as opposed to going all the way around (I know - I am lazy even in OFP) Just a thought.....great map BTW.

Chapman

just tried a small firefight - 3 insurgent teams (Rebelmans) versus 1 US Basic / 1 US Weapons & 3 Humvees (MCM Pack) - a bit laggy but still playable - played out in the junkyard area - very nice - lots of hiding spots !

Just one thing I noticed - I find the lag is an issue when there are a lot of telephone/power lines in the Line-of-sight - could this be the issue of the lag ?

As well - in the junkyard buildings (or compounds) is it possible to add a gate in the rear - so you can bypass through it as opposed to going all the way around (I know - I am lazy even in OFP) Just a thought.....great map BTW.

Chapman

I hope I have changed the good spot...

I added an access to the rear with gate, and a watch tower to guard the access...also some hesco barriers ...

biggrin_o.gif

kinda too clean for anywhere in Iraq might need it figure debri textures and grafity. Think ther is a lod issue withe powerlines thats causing the lag issues.

kinda too clean for anywhere in Iraq might need it figure debri textures and grafity. Think ther is a lod issue withe powerlines thats causing the lag issues.

Yep, some kind of debris already created, more comming(later, hehe, sorry) !

I have reworked the lag issue, to at least never go over 1fps. Mainly when rolling on main highway 10.

This version should be out in few hours...

(graphs are on our list wink_o.gif )

The version 0.2 is available, my first post is updated !

- Lag issue fixed(partly)

- Banners fixed(now really arabic, thx again Reblman !wink_o.gif )

- Base updated

- Bridge fixed(and very funny to use, lollll wink_o.gif )

xmas_o.gif

Now island works better for me, but in some places still I have lags. I found which buildings (probably! ) makes lag:

Link

One of those, because when I'm looking at them my framerate drops down, but when those buildings goes off from the screen, framerate backs to normal. I think, one of those have LOD problems.

not as laggy - but the v.02 still has the middle section of the bridge issue. Other than that - just taking the time to enjoy the massive highway - great with the Sheriff mod that came out a while ago - good high speed pursuits.

Cheers,

S. Chapman

Now island works better for me, but in some places still I have lags. I found which buildings (probably! ) makes lag:

Link

One of those, because when I'm looking at them my framerate drops down, but when those buildings goes off from the screen, framerate backs to normal. I think, one of those have LOD problems.

thanks for the picture !

it is the building with a "destroyed" balcony or the one with carpets ?

not as laggy - but the v.02 still has the middle section of the bridge issue. Other than that - just taking the time to enjoy the massive highway - great with the Sheriff mod that came out a while ago - good high speed pursuits.

Cheers,

S. Chapman

I though I had fixed the bridge, I just tested this and it was easy to cross it... crazy_o.gif ... with a crazy jump at both ends, but I let it like this, it's fun,lolll.

it is the building with a "destroyed" balcony or the one with carpets ?

With a destroyed balcony

Roger biggrin_o.gif

Bobcat : Also, I'm gonna try to find a way to make this city less "clean"... new kinds of debris...

another bug - at night - the highway lights do not light up - unless there is a script for that ?

Have you given any thought to placing a football pitch in the center of town ?

Cheers,

S. Chapman

another bug - at night - the highway lights do not light up - unless there is a script for that ?

Have you given any thought to placing a football pitch in the center of town ?

Cheers,

S. Chapman

Lights will stay off, confused_o.gif , they just enlighten too much... and there is too many of them...I try as much as I can to make it look like the real Fallujah, check it out from a real satelite image, it's all around highway10, no football, maybe a basketball court because I know there is some there. Yet, just basic script...

If some1 know how to ajust the light strengh, pleze let us know ! tounge2.gif

Also, I can add more of the default BIS one... ? huh.gif