LeftSkidLow

Leftskidlow helicopter sounds

Quote[/b] ]LeftSkidLow Helicopter Sounds Release 1

1-9-2008

This mod will replace and add some sounds for US helicopters:

AH-1Z

A/Mh-6

UH-60

AH-1Z-External sound Derived from a Bell 407 and edited, interal sound derived from UH-60 and edited

H-60-derived from UH60 audio

H-6's-Derived from Hughes 500 audio

Couple known issues:

-When starting or shutting down the engines in the cockpit view, the sound will skip and stutter, I don't know how to fix that sorry.

-Sometimes the internal sounds are very quiet, especially when you are stationary, no idea why.

-Internal sounds do weird things when switching views, its all part of ArmA I think.

-----------Just put the .pbo file into your addons folder ie: "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\AddOns"--------------

This addon was tested with 1.08 and no other sound mods, I'm not sure what how it will interact with other soundmods or 1.09.

If it doesn't work with the mod you like to use, I don't care if you depbo my addon and do what you have to do to make it work. Just dont distribute anything without permission/credit.

Thanks to Sakura-chan for giving me the base of my config.cpp file

-----------------------------------------------------------------

If you are interested in using these sounds for a mod, PM me for permission on the BIS forums username: LeftSkidLow

If its something like 2 years from now and you want to use the sounds but can't get a hold of me, do it anyway, I might have been hit by a bus or maybe I became famous.

You aren't permitted to sell them and all that legal mumbo jumbo shit.

SAMPLE VIDS:

http://files.filefront.com/armasounds3wmv/;9393264;/fileinfo.html

http://files.filefront.com/h60armasoundwmv/;9380909;/fileinfo.html

ACTUAL DOWNLOAD LINKS:

Armaholic.com mirror: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2654

http://files.filefront.com/LeftSki....fo.html

www.assaultmissionstudio.de

combat-prison.net

http://www.ofp-arma.cznhl.com/downloads/arma/addons_sounds.php

Love the sounds but i get a horrible stuttering noise when starting up the choppers. It seems to be the environment sounds (500inside.wss, ah1inside.wss, h60in.wss). It settles down and resumes normally when i take off.

When i shot a UH60 and it crash landed the rotors were still rotating as was the stuttering environment sound. It stopped when the rotors stopped.

No other sound mods were running. I added the environment sounds to Fromz sound mod, edited the config fired it up and same issue, only adding the environment sounds. Any ideas?

sad_o.gif

@LeftSkidLow - I have a project that almost looks identical to yours (I wanted better Mi17 and Kamov sounds). I put mine aside for the time being as I was not able to figure out something.

I want different sounds to be played depending on the player perspective (inside/outside). I assumed "soundEngine[]" and "soundEnviron[]" would define this but it seems both are being mixed into one engine sound.

I am not much of a config freak, I wonder whether there is such a config entry that would provide that? Just browsing around for info...

VictorFarbau

@Law-giver, the stuttering is a known issue in the readme (edit: it looks like I forget to add known issues in the readme, it was in the other thread) and as far as I have been able to figure out its a problem with the ArmA engine that I have no control over. Maybe I'm wrong though, I'm really new to this stuff so if anyone has got around this problem I'd love to hear it.

@VictorFarbau, thats all I my sounds do, they are mixed, I don't think you can hear one or the other with ArmA. Just make one slightly louder or quieter. I'm no config guru either but I think setting the soundenviron db to a lower figure might help, I don't know for sure, I just did what FDF did.

Quote[/b] ] soundEngine[] = {"\lslhelisounds\bell407.wss", db+25, 1};

soundEnviron[] = {"\lslhelisounds\ah1inside", db-10, 1};

Hi all,

LeftSkidLow,

I also have been working on the same idea for year's now and i have worked this out so far.

The Environmentsound parameter only comes into action when the vehicle is moving.

This is why the Environment sounds are still being triggered when the vehicle is stopped but the rotors are moving.This problem onle shows up on Rotory winged aircraft.

I have also tried using both the Environmentsound parameter and the Soundengine parameter with a insidesoundcoefficcient of around 0.00001 but the environmentsound is affetced by it too.

This parameter -insidesoundcoefficcient-

is to reduce the engine/environment sound inside a vehcle.

However i think i do remember a Helicopter released for OFP years ago that had a Script that would play a soundfile repeatedly that was an Inside sound.This used with a normal soundengine parameter and an insidesoundcoefficcient of around 0.0001 should work.

Anybody know how to write such a script?

Hope this helps.

smile_o.gif

Steve, I may be wrong but you are probably thinking of the Mi-26 addon for ofp, which was as excellent as possible for OFP. I have no idea how they did it. For me, I just deal with the stuttering sound in startup and shutdown and it doesn't bother me much. Its not like the startup sequence or time is anywhere near realistic anyway. I think if you are considering downloading this mod, you need to ask yourself how important the startup sound is to you.

This sounds great but one thing , why u used bell 407 sound for Ah-1z ? 407 have different engine , why u did'not used 412 sound , that engine almost same like in UH-1Y or AH-1Z  smile_o.gif

This sounds great but one thing , why u used bell 407 sound for Ah-1z ? 407 have different engine , why u did'not used 412 sound , that engine almost same like in UH-1Y or AH-1Z  smile_o.gif

It looks like the 407 has a rigid composite rotor whereas the 412 has some kind of semi rigid mechanical setup.

Correct Plaintiff, I wish I could say that was my reason but it mostly came down to that a lot of 4 bladed helicopters sound the same. With the 407 sound I used, you cant even hear the engine really so that wasn't a concern. There is no good audio out there of the AH-1Z or UH-1Y, and the 412 is not as similar as you think, although they look very similar on the outside. Though a 412 might sound more like the AH-1Z, I really couldn't say because I've yet to hear one in real life. I should also mention that if I come across a more fitting sound, I have no problem using that instead.

I haven't tried... but have you tried loading it after FDF.. ie. put it as the last thing in the -mod= switch?

errr you lost me there. It just goes in the addon folder doesn't it? You don't have to get it to load on startup do you?

errr you lost me there. It just goes in the addon folder doesn't it? You don't have to get it to load on startup do you?

It shouldn't be possible to run it along side fdf if it isn't loaded afterwards. If it is possible to run it in a mod directory, then it should be possible to load it last, and then it *may* be possible to use it and fdf at the same time.

I just tried it. LeftSkidLow's sounds work in their own sound mod folder, but do not work with fdf's sounds. FDF's sounds take priority regardless of the order. This could be for a number of reasons, but I'll try not to wonder out loud. So no, it doesn't look like it's currently possible.

The soundmod works with 1.09, but the sound levels are all over the place. This is to be expected given the changes in 1.09.

I use my sounds with FDF, but I had to modify the FDF config, and I don't use the pbo that is availible for download. You can make it work with a few config changes, I just don't feel like asking everyone for permission.