Sign in to follow this  
LeftSkidLow

Leftskidlow helicopter sounds

As some of you may remember, I was working on some helicopter sounds that never made it out. Since then I've made a few changes and I've decided that I'm just going to release them stand alone but I need help. I'm looking for someone to write a config file, I only know enough to edit the FDF config, which is what I used as the base.

There are only new sounds for the US helicopters at this time, but they do have inside and outside sounds. I'm aiming for realisim, all the sounds are real audio from the respective helicopters, except for the AH-1Z. Unfortunately I've never worked around or heard Russian helicopters like I have American ones to really know what they sound like.

AH-1Z-Derived from a Bell 407 and edited

H-60-derived from UH60 audio

H-6's-Derived from Hughes 500 audio

Here are some samples:

(keep in mind filefront may have reduced quality)

http://files.filefront.com/h60armasoundwmv/;9380909;/fileinfo.html

http://files.filefront.com/armasounds3wmv/;9393264;/fileinfo.html

Id actually release them right now if I had a config, there are some changes that I know can be made, but once I have a config I can do updates.

This should be in the Addons & Mods: Complete though...

If you provide a download link (be it alpha, beta or v1) it is still considered a 'complete' addon. Will test it out shortly.

that Blackhawk sound is too much bass i think ,but inside is cool sound wink_o.gif

Btw show me more Cobra sound

If you provide a download link (be it alpha, beta or v1) it is still considered a 'complete' addon. Will test it out shortly.

Dude........... the links are just the videos, all I could possibly release right now are wss files and I'm not gonna do that, I need someone to create a config so I this can be a standalone pbo. I'll put the wss files in the zip when I have a config, but if force people to pbo/depbo nobody is gonna bother. Thats one of the main reasons I put this thread in here, and asked for help in the first post.

The H60 sounds are unmodified audio from a Blackhawk hovering, I could reduce the bass in another release if everyone hates it, but I'm gonna keep it as is for this one. Part of the problem is filefront or my fraps, give them a try when I have something to release, the AH6 sounds the most off in the video, but sounds much better ingame.

that Blackhawk sound is too much bass i think ,but inside is cool sound wink_o.gif

Btw show me more Cobra sound

Robert:

I just made a quick vid of the AH-1s you said you wanted to hear more of it. I apologize for the volume, fraps records things much louder than I actually here them.

http://files.filefront.com/ah1wmv/;9404343;/fileinfo.html

this should work, copy it to a text file and name it config.cpp

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class CfgPatches

{

class lslhelisounds

{

units[] = {};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 0.100000;

requiredAddons[] = {"CAAir"};

};

};

class CfgVehicles

{

class Helicopter;

class AH1W: Helicopter

{

soundEngine[] = {"\ca\air\Data\Sound\AH1_engine_v3a", 39.810719, 1};

};

class UH60MG: Helicopter

{

soundEngine[] = {"\ca\air\Data\Sound\UH1_engine_v1", 35.481346, 1};

};

class AH6: Helicopter

{

soundEngine[] = {"\ca\air\Data\Sound\AH6_engine_v3", 25.118862, 1};

};

};

put it in the folder with the sounds, change the path names to point to the files and it should work.

Thanks a bunch Sakura-Chan, I got it too work thanks to your config.

Here is the first release, I fully suspect people to bitch about volume and stuff so there will probably be more.

Couple known issues:

-When starting or shutting down the engines in the cockpit view, the sound will skip and stutter, I don't know how to fix that sorry.

-Sometimes the internal sounds are very quiet, especially when you are stationary, no idea why.

-Internal sounds do weird things when switching views, its all part of ArmA I think.

I guess this is when you make a new thread in the complete forum?

http://files.filefront.com/LeftSki....fo.html