G'day guys,

Sorry for the delay on getting this to rapid share - here's the linky:

RapidShare

Mirrors: www.ofp-arma.cznhl.com

Armaholic

sign2-1.jpg

The Readme

****Scars09's Sign Pack****

This signpack was originally made for VBS1 by Scars, with Stewy doing some research for some of the sign textures.  It places a number of military, Arabic and road signs in the mission editor under"Empty\SC9Signs".  Great for adding some personality to missions!

**Credit

Full credit goes to Scars09!  He made the addon and gave permission for conversion.  This pack was also converted for ArmA by Sgt Ace.  Thanks guys.

**Installation

You know the drill, place into addons folder and load up mission editor.

_

**Modification

If you have any great sign ideas, please share them with everyone!

Enjoy

Stew

27 December, 2007

Thanks for the assistance for getting this up, Deadeye and El Nino smile_o.gif

Stew

Very nice addon, thank you Scars09 and Stewy notworthy.gif

Lennard. wink_o.gif

I removed the "from VBS1" from the title as it's misleading, if it were really "from" VBS1 you'd be in quite some trouble wink_o.gif

I removed the "from VBS1" from the title as it's misleading, if it were really "from" VBS1 you'd be in quite some trouble wink_o.gif

they steal our addons. wink_o.gif

they steal our addons. wink_o.gif

No they do not. The only VBS community addons released containing ArmA/Opf community content are those which they have permission to release, nobody involved with VBS "steals" anything.

some people do have a habit of converting stuff for their own personal use without permission, which they then post screenshots of (personally I think that's out of order but that's just my opinion), but that's as far as it goes to my knowledge.

I would suggest this thread gets back on topic now smile_o.gif

Excellent stuff. Thanks for taking the time to release 'em, it's always the little touches that I love like these. Rolling a convoy down the highway passing that Baghdad sign always puts a smile on my face. Hope to see more come out in time. biggrin_o.gif

very good just need a Iraq island now with all the signs biggrin_o.gif

I got an absolutley superb idea for a sign.

If you do this then your sign pack would get used until the end of time. No question.

Allow setobjecttexture to the signs. Then people can just create a jpeg or whatever and hey presto, your sign pack has unlimited potential.

You'd be mad to pass it up, mad.

Wow, thought this was a dead topic. Actually that's a great idea you've suggested! I hope it gets worked on sometime. There's a lot of sign's I'd like to have and this would help things along without having to annoy the creator with billions of requests, you know?

Good idea, man. thumbs-up.gif

most used addon of my missions for ofp was indeed a signpack were you could assign your own textures via setobjecttexture. but i never saw anyone alse using it, it was from a russian community member who didnt promoted it right, most people didnt realize that there was a addon like that. but there are quite a few limitations, no textures assigned after loading a saved game for example. i think i tried to get it handled as i made the signs with stewy. but i never got it working for some reason. maybe i will give it another try. another thing wich maybe is related is something i found in queens gambit addon folder. i cant read czech, so maybe someone can translate it and enlighten us about the meaning of the words of this unused billboard.

translate.jpg

full image

Doesnt make much sense but im not ceczh speaking nor a traslator but..

Quote[/b] ]this them osklivy placeholder ktery bude succession nahrazovan , as forth as budon pribyvat objective out of twiky rozmisteni objective odpovida zamerum solitude objective nor adventitiously!
LOL

Doesnt make much sense but im not ceczh speaking nor a traslator but..

Same here biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]This is one ugly placeholder which shall be progressively replaced,

as they will be growing content in the twiki

with other matching content broomed by myself once as it happens!!!

lol

lol

thx for the translation guys

a pink pig placeholder, thats all you need to sell millions of queens gambit copies.

BIS really need to improve their marketing strategy. hiding the good stuff instead using it as coer of the box, unbelievable.

biggrin_o.gif

Thank you Scars09 for this very nice pack, it's a great addition to immersion during our missions.

Here is something that may help fellow mission makers, a simple pdf document showing a picture with classname and displayname of all signs.

(2774 Ko)

http://amb3940.be/arma/sc9signs/sc9.pdf

For example:

sc9040.jpg

All screenshots were took with the great Kronzky's Object Browser (http://kronzky.info/objectbrowser/).

Cheers