Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Arma beta patch 1.09 - released

I can agree with that (I mean, partially, cause BI has supported ArmA, just not in the direction some players wanted them to go, but in the direction they wanted their game to go), but, as I stated in (...), BI-style support is still there, and I don't really see much change in how they operate.

In fact, the "lil CZ company with nice ideas but struggling to get them correctly done" spirit (thing that I feel since OFP demo) is still there. Stronger than ever, if you ask me. And it shows its weaknesses.

OTOH, the community has changed. A lot.

Why don`t you use an Windows based server?

Once the games need DX10 to work, you can forget the Linux story at all. huh.gif

I somehow agree with Lee_H._Oswald.

BIS Should work on ARMA2 and not waste time fixing what should be fixed.. but anyway BIS alwasy supported their fans in the past.

I say, dont precipitate, wait for next patch for conclusions.

But BIS should work on ArmA2 instead.

I don't know how it is in the rest of the world, but renting a windows based server is a lot more expensive in germany then the linux dedicated server we are paying for right now.

But hey, I could throw my GF8800GTX out of the window and buy a ati card that has no fog bug with ArmA.

Uhm, no?

Edit: I don't care about whatever games that use dx10, I care about BIS games(until now), because there is nothing else worth playing.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Once the games need DX10 to work, you can forget the Linux story at all. huh.gif

Why? A dedicated server doesn't need a graphics card since it doesn't render anything. So DX10 doesn't make any difference to Linux servers.

Unless I'm missing something? huh.gif

BIS Should work on ARMA2 and not waste time fixing what should be fixed.. but anyway BIS alwasy supported their fans in the past.

Why do you assume that fixes to ArmA1 do not carry over to ArmA2?

Why do you assume that fixes to ArmA1 do not carry over to ArmA2?

well normally fixes make sense to carry over to next version..

but when we see that some bugs from ofp still remain and we were told that they were fixed.. its hard to believe in certain things...

But i want the best to happen.

Why? A dedicated server doesn't need a graphics card since it doesn't render anything. So DX10 doesn't make any difference to Linux servers.

Unless I'm missing something? huh.gif

Missed some minor detail:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

Minimum requirements

Operating system: Windows 2000/XP

Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel or AMD processor, or equivalent of.

Memory: 512 MB RAM

Video card: NnVidia Geforce 6600GT with 256 MB RAM, Pixel Shader 2.0 or ATI Radeon x800 with 256 MB RAM & Pixel Shader 2.0

Sound card: DirectX 9 compatible

Hard disk: 6 GB free space

Other: MS DirectX® 9.0c

I don't see Linux listed

Bratty (and Mr_Tea) we were talking a.o. about a Server!

What’s your point by posting requirements for a client?

Just so much for you guys: The assignments/task for a client and a server are a bit different wink_o.gif

And I don’t think we need to discuss the advantages of linux servers again. That's already covered in a couple of other threads.

We're asking (in a matter of fact begging) for a linux-1.09, cause there was an announcement for it. It's that simple.

Now, we are (hopefully) pretty close to a 1.11 (1.12, whatever) release, which would mean they've just skipped the 1.09-linux.

That's quite bad for at least the half of the MP-Com. but not changeable anymore.

I could imagine that a couple of guys will drive crazy when there will be no 1.11-linux-server available.

Doesn’t even wanna think about it.

If somebody is complaining about this unbearable situation, it is either not heard/ignored by the right person in charge or just annotated by those guys who think to criticize the patch politics of BI is annoying and impatiently crying.

My favorites: Those people who are just feel the desire to tell us that everything works fine for them. biggrin_o.gif

It's a pain, but what can we do…

I guess jerking into this thread is pretty much senseless. And for my concern, I’ll stop complaining in the future and start writing funny letters to BI (or something like that – I don’t know).

On this way I might kill two birds with one stone. 1st there’s a chance of getting answers and 2nd you guys won’t get upset anymore.

I'm just messing around.Linux server files would benefit us all.

Can this patch be installed on linux server?

Linux server for 1.09 beta is not yet available and will not be until early January.

Maruk, is there any news yet about that 109 for linux??

For over 2 months i have been hearing that 109 kicks butt, unfortunatly our servers have a real OS, which just doesnt like windows-binaries. ( with me, many others too i guess... )

Hmm, maybe a VIP like jerryhopper will get an answer.

MfG Lee

Oh oh. Its not only that he is a VIP but he also celebrates his birthday TODAY ;)

But back on topic: i also waiting for 109 for linux.

So ? Is the 1.9 version planned for someday ?

Or should we consider the beta1.09 as a final ?

I've read few pages before, and the status does'nt seem to have changed for 2 months... confused_o.gif

Nobody knows, Nikoo.

The only thing which seems to be certain is that there's a 1.11beta out to a small amount of persons (publisher/testers) and also a BI 1.11 linux testserver online since a few weeks now.

Maby Jerry will get his birthday-information-gift...

Nobody knows, Nikoo.

The only thing which seems to be certain is that there's a 1.11beta out to a small amount of persons (publisher/testers) and also a BI 1.11 linux testserver online since a few weeks now.

Maby Jerry will get his birthday-information-gift...

ok, thx for the information.

wink_o.gif

I'm realy get in nervous... how long it can last?

What's the problem with give us some information?

I'm realy get in nervous... how long it can last?

What's the problem with give us some information?

How long did it last between previous patches? Several months in many cases.

Giving us information doesn't get it finished any quicker, and really we don't need any information, we just need the patch.

BIS is not the only server that is running ArmA 1.11

in my opinon they don't test it enough

Lol, your opinions imo are meaningless. You don't know how much v1.09 final or v1.11 is really tested or not. The testers and BI know it.

Since it's taking this long, imo it feels actually that they are actually testing it _properly_ this time, and take the time they need instead of rush for release.

In any case, I don't understand why you guys like to guess and base opinions on it;

It's useless, just as trying to predict release dates or states.

Is it boredom? Im trying to figure out what makes your brains spin...

"They promised they fixed this, but it wasnt fixed", get over it.

"They should stop working on ArmA1 and work on ArmA2", they are working on ArmA2 and ArmA1.

As the engine is everytime further developped between each release, I don't mind getting the fixes in form of ArmA1 patches aswell.

We all paid for ArmA1 and want to have less bugs while waiting for ArmA2, right?

@jerryhopper; how about you get your technical degree incl. Computer Servers before you start throwing around with "Real OS" etc smile_o.gif

@oswald: I guess you're glad that even a "vip" like Jerry didn't get any answer huh?

Since it's taking this long, imo it feels actually that they are actually testing it _properly_ this time, and take the time they need instead of rush for release.

I really hope your right

Cause sending emails to Suma every time we find a bug that exists since 1.00 might be really boring to suma.

Cause sending emails to Suma every time we find a bug that exists since 1.00 might be really boring to suma.
It's called priorities.

I'm wondering why people with no know-how of how development works, or how the development cycles @ BI works, tend to "know" things and have their opinions ready.

Leave it up to the professionals, or become an expert on things yourself?

(don't get me wrong, I don't say that I'm an expert. Im also not the one who's daily game it is to guess, form opinions on guesses and repeat it every day or every other week :S)

Really, I don't get it banghead.gif ; What is it? Bored? Nothing better to do? Like to play 'guess games' all day? Is it like drugs, addictive?

Why don't put all that energy in developing things or being constructive in some other sense?

(Please don't see this as some kind of "personal-attack", I just don't get it how you guys can be so soo repetitive. For fun you should make a print out of all posts made by your own user account since the release of ArmA)

@oswald: I guess you're glad that even a "vip" like Jerry didn't get any answer huh?

Do you have too much time?

MfG Lee

Do you have too much time?

MfG Lee

Never too much, though yes I do have a lot of time aswell as an uninterruptable desire to try and be constructive.

Anyway, I guess trying to understand is kinda pointless.. You guys do what you do best, then i'll do my thing smile_o.gif