Sign in to follow this  
mr.g-c

They should do this for realistic sounds

BIS, just hire Goeth, he has made the BEST sounds in arma (FDF sounds)

If one man can do it, why not BIS?

Bknight3, you got the point, i totally agree with you.

The problem is you never will get realistic sound, i never heard realistic sounds of guns in games even Americas Army that was made by US army...... They are some that close but still not close enough... FDF sound mod is good, but its not realistic. But they have realistic soudns duch as soldier movement, watch some FDF videos and you will see what i mean.

Why not hire the guys at dice, BF2 had the best audio ever heard in a combat game, hands down...

What we need is beter hardware acceleration for real time AFX, reverberation depending on environment, filtering and delay over distances etc.

OR BI could just work harder, dice did it and they only have 2 audio guys and I dont think that they have any secret tricks apart from knowledge and equipment..

OR BI could just work harder

Yes, I'm sure the guys at BIS are a bunch of slackers... or, then again, we could just ask the community to maybe think harder... yielding, no doubt, equal results.

Why not hire the guys at dice, BF2 had the best audio ever heard in a combat game, hands down...

Are you serious? One of the reasons why I hated BF2 was because of the horrible sounds. My top complaint is that guns can't be heard from ten feet away, so the game is usually very quiet unless there are jets.

That's how it was before and after I bought a sound card.

For Arma, I thought it had really good effects. The actual sounds might not have been the greatest, but I love the bullet crack and obstruction of sounds from buildings, (and needless to say, the fact that sounds travel further). To this day Arma is the only game that I know of that includes those features by default.

As far as I'm concernted with ArmaII though, they shouldn't waste a lot of time with new sounds. No matter if they're really good or really bad, there will still be mods. The best reason why they would take the time to use real guns or spend months trying to make the recreate the sounds is for the reviews.

..and please do something about the vehiclesounds, it makes you get headache. I wouldn't care wheather the vehiclesounds are realistic or not, if they just sounded good. I like the sound of the vehicles in BF2. They're soft and comfortable.

simonwa1 there are some addons/mods which decrease and change the sound. But the most OFP/ArmA players like it first more close to realism. Soft and comfortable but unrealistic BF2 sounds - next ArmA2 should have some jumping/bunny hop sound... icon_rolleyes.gif

Even though arma's vehiclesound is supposed to be realistic, I don't think it is. I've heared large tanks and other heavy vehicles at a close distance and i can't really assosiate arma's sound to that. The sound in arma is lacking the power and the heavy sound of diesel-engines. In arma its like a cheap sound which they just pitch and causes headache. sad_o.gif

Cheers.

If you've ever heard UKF mod's OFP warrior, that had a lovely meaty engine sound.

if theres a game that did the sounds right, its ghost recon.

they had different sounds for semi auto and full auto.

full auto sounds where created by using a long sound (loopable) and whenever you let go of fire the engine stopped the sound and appended a "end" sound file (reverbs) so it wouldnt just stop abruptly.

gr <3

Would a single shot on the full-auto setting sound the same as a single shot on semi-auto setting?

Would a single shot on the full-auto setting sound the same as a single shot on semi-auto setting?

yup it does. its a really simple system and the results are so realistic i dont see why no other games have used this.. the most common method for "full auto" in most games is just stacking the single shot sounds after eachother.. which sounds really bad and it doesnt even remotely resemble irl automatic fire.

watch this video and listen at 00:26 and then at 00:35

You'd have to get the exact rate of fire right and make it flexible so that if you slow down the time as you can in ArmA, the sound still seems right. There must be some solution.