Sign in to follow this  
brit~XR

Xr server - new hacks detected

Hello some of you may of noticed that servers like mine been geting hit by these new hacks the last few day

http://cr-ofp.dyndns.org/items/cheat1.bmp

http://cr-ofp.dyndns.org/items/cheat2.bmp

What i can tell you about the guys who doing it is they aint the guys known as KFC

I detected this script being used on my server today when they ruined a good game going on berzerk map

createmarker ["gay2",[1200

827211: 0,12000,1]]; "gay2" setmarkershape "Icon"; "gay2" setmarkerType "dot"; "gay2" setmarkersize [9999, 9999]; "gay2" setmarkercolor "colorblack"; createmarker ["gay1",[12000,12000,1]]; "gay1" setmarkershape "Icon"; "gay1" setmarkertype "dot"; "gay1" setmarkercolor "colorgreen"; "gay1" setMarkerText "KFC is gay!! We 0wN ArMA B1tch3z!!!

person i detected last night was

acc(77.5.1?6.???:2304,'CIV5',808094138,808094138)

4282528: 3461.534: 19:23:24 CIV5 uses modified data file - CA;DBE1

4282529: 3461.536: 19:23:24 Player CIV5 connecting.

4282569: 3465.050: 19:23:28 Player CIV5 connected (id=26861317

And the one from 2day was

acc(91.34.2?1.??:2304,'BazookaJoe',380781066,380781066)

143716: 27859.633: 15:18:12 BazookaJoe uses modified data file - CA;DBE1;@FDF;@FFAM

143717: 27859.637: 15:18:12 Player BazookaJoe connecting.

143803: 27863.018: 15:18:16 Player BazookaJoe connected (id=8133637)

He also used this names last night when he cheated with the other guy

905840: 6315.396: 15:14:06 Player John Retard connected (id=8133637).

3594809: 37318.520: 17:49:07 Player friendlyFire connected (id=8133637).

3897560: 15039.817: 12:42:41 Player elmo connected (id=8133637)

I edited the ips incase its agaist the rules to post them. I checked both ips and they both german and these cheats aint been released anywhere so im guessing we got a bunch of german hackers who made these cheats to keep to them selfs and they going on every server they can and ruin the game to the point where server needs a restart because even if u disconnected from server and join it again you still have a black and white screen.

Anyway if anyone wants these guys ips then just pm me.

And a message to you hackers.. your not so smart. Next time read the server message. it doesnt say server runing ACS with 90% of known cheaters ip banned for nothing  tounge2.gif

B&W can be "produced" by using a low aperture (setAperture command).

I don't see anything special about the cheats. They look like they're just scripts, pretty much the same thing that other popular cheat pack does. You can see that they're using modified server files.

It looks like your server doesn't do anything to stop people from using modified files, so cheats like that are to be expected. If you used signed files, or even just the "equalmodrequired" parameter (you can see they're using mods) then they wouldn't have been able to join.

That's what you get for no cheat prevention whistle.gif

Edit: I see you use logging software, well at least you can ban them now smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]signed files, or even just the "equalmodrequired

All i can say is pffffff. thats as good as making server like a prison which kills server popularity by upto 70% sence most the people who connect with mods or other addons in there addons folder cant connect to server and instead of removing them they just find another server to connect to.

I dont blame them im sure if i had a few mods runing like sound mods and a server blocked me from connecting then i wouldnt shut down arma and remove them i would just find another server as that would be quicker.

Quote[/b] ]That's what you get for no cheat prevention

Do you really call signed files and equalmodrequired chreat protection? It just stops some cheaters connecting to server. Does stop them removing the cheats then connecting to server and runing other crap that can bypass both of them.

I run 3 thinks to stop cheaters. DACS which was good but can be bypassed so i run logger that see's all thats going on and i run ip range ban. Them 3 things are my protection and stop cheaters ever cheating again once they cheat. Just ask Roughnecks clan. I run similar protection to them sence the ofp days and all there servers been pretty much cheat free.

Im sure if most people had the option to protect there servers from hackers ever playing on server again then they would but i wouldnt be happy runing signed files knowing them cheating scum could still get on server if they remove there cheats and then play on server as normal player when they should be banned and maybe ruin game by tking everyone and then changing id and so on

Oh and

Quote[/b] ]I don't see anything special about the cheats. They look like they're just scripts

Last time i checked KFC SCP was just a bunch of scripts that is still being used to day to bomb the crap out of servers... icon_rolleyes.gif

All i can say is pffffff. thats as good as making server like a prison which kills server popularity by upto 70% sence most the people who connect with mods or other addons in there addons folder cant connect to server and instead of removing them they just find another server to connect to.

You can allow signed mods.

Quote[/b] ]

Do you really call signed files and equalmodrequired chreat protection? It just stops some cheaters connecting to server. Does stop them removing the cheats then connecting to server and runing other crap that can bypass both of them.

Yes. Well 'equalmodrequired' is mostly useless, but it would have been enough to stop these cheaters. I'm not saying you should use it. You don't need it if you use signature checks.

Quote[/b] ]

I dont blame them im sure if i had a few mods runing like sound mods and a server blocked me from connecting then i wouldnt shut down arma and remove them i would just find another server as that would be quicker.

Yea, and then you would be playing on cheat infested servers.

Quote[/b] ]

I run 3 thinks to stop cheaters. DACS which was good but can be bypassed so i run logger that see's all thats going on and i run ip range ban. Them 3 things are my protection and stop cheaters ever cheating again once they cheat. Just ask Roughnecks clan. I run similar protection to them sence the ofp days and all there servers been pretty much cheat free.

Good. But it didn't stop those guys. As I said, at least you can catch and ban them now.

Quote[/b] ]

Im sure if most people had the option to protect there servers from hackers ever playing on server again then they would but i wouldnt be happy runing signed files knowing them cheating scum could still get on server if they remove there cheats and then play on server as normal player when they should be banned and maybe ruin game by tking everyone and then changing id and so on

Nothing is stopping them from doing that now.

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]I don't see anything special about the cheats. They look like they're just scripts

Last time i checked KFC SCP was just a bunch of scripts that is still being used to day to bomb the crap out of servers... icon_rolleyes.gif

I know that, how does that make these cheats special? They work the same way icon_rolleyes.gif

Well you detected them, so you can stop them. Problem solved.

Well it all comes down to tactics and how you wanna play it. My tactic is to let them cheat and then i catch them xmas_o.gif

I understand what you saying and what your saying is good for server owners who dont have dedicated servers or have a clue how to detect cheaters and ban them by ip but i prefer my way as it stops them playing on my server full stop and there are hacks that can be run from client destkop once they in game to cheat which bypasses all that signed file stuff like certain hacks for Sahrani Life

that im sure your aware of

Well it all comes down to tactics and how you wanna play it. My tactic is to let them cheat and then i catch them xmas_o.gif

I understand what you saying and what your saying is good for server owners who dont have dedicated servers or have a clue how to detect cheaters and ban them by ip but i prefer my way as it stops them playing on my server full stop and there are hacks that can be run from client destkop once they in game to cheat which bypasses all that signed file stuff like certain hacks for Sahrani Life

that im sure your aware of

Yea I'm aware of it. Signed files would still reduce the number of idiots though. Then you would have much fewer people to add to your banlist when you go through the logs. And fewer games that have idiots mess them up. But I guess you want to allow players to use whatever mods they want.

Well whatever works. As long as they get banned.

I witnessed the B&W hack the other night on our server!

If servers our now running logging and have the ips of the kids that are doing this is there no way so that the main admins from each public server register with each other and share hack kiddies ips to reduce if not stop this happening on our servers!?

Similiar to a pub watch scheme run in most towns banned from one banned from them all! "ArmA Watch"smile_o.gif

none of those mods are out of the ordinary

DBE1 is queens gambit

@FDF is a sound mod and used by a large% of the active players out there

@FFAM is another mod that i have seen used by a large number of players

these 3 mods are standard mods.

if u think that these mods are cheats thank f*** i don't play on your server, u must be a ban happy SOB with a ban.txt of such a size to rival a well used servers net.log file

and as for sharing the information, why should those that put the time and energy in give their info away.

Brit uses the same system that we use at SquadServer, i know how much time and effort it takes to track down these scum bags. He uses that info to protect himself, we at SS use the info to protect all our servers.

the idea is good, but sharing is a 2 way thing, unless your going to install the relevant software, do the ground work and give the info back its not sharing.

of course if u wanted to be protected you could always rent from a better server provider

Quote[/b] ]none of those mods are out of the ordinary

DBE1 is queens gambit

if u think that these mods are cheats thank f*** i don't play on your server, u must be a ban happy SOB with a ban.txt of such a size to rival a well used servers net.log file

and as for sharing the information, why should those that put the time and energy in give their info away.

Brit uses the same system that we use at SquadServer, i know how much time and effort it takes to track down these scum bags. He uses that info to protect himself, we at SS use the info to protect all our servers.

the idea is good, but sharing is a 2 way thing, unless your going to install the relevant software, do the ground work and give the info back its not sharing.

of course if u wanted to be protected you could always rent from a better server provider

Had few people pm me asking about me sharing my ban info and program i use. Basiclly told them if they dont have a dedicated server then i know a good host who sell cheat free servers  biggrin_o.gif squadserver *cough cough*

Quote[/b] ] i know how much time and effort it takes to track down these scum bags.

Yep i normally put in a few hours a night scaning the logs which can get around 4gb. Not somethink i enjoy doing as i dont always find the hacks stright away and can get very boring but when i see my server hacked to crap and games ruined i wont give up till i find them.

my server been cheat free last 24hours and hasnt crashed once which is a first for that amount of time so im pretty sure them 2 guys i listed above are the ones who caused alot of problems on my server and many others and sence i banned them i aint seen that black and white cheat used once meaning there the only ones i have it and prob made it sence KFC didnt release it

Assuming you were replying to me...

Quote[/b] ]none of those mods are out of the ordinary

DBE1 is queens gambit

I know that, one of them even has some of my work in it. You assume I know shit about mods icon_rolleyes.gif

The "modified data file" message shows that files have been, well, modified tounge2.gif . Easy to add cheats. Besides, the name of a mod folder doesn't mean anything. Other files can easily be put in it.

Quote[/b] ]if u think that these mods are cheats thank f*** i don't play on your server, u must be a ban happy SOB with a ban.txt of such a size to rival a well used servers net.log file

I never said those mods were cheats. See above. Real nice advert for your company, being rude like that on a public forum crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Brit uses the same system that we use at SquadServer, i know how much time and effort it takes to track down these scum bags. He uses that info to protect himself, we at SS use the info to protect all our servers.

Good.

Quote[/b] ]

Coughadvertcough.

Or if you have some decent PC knowledge you can protect the server yourself. There are enough tools to do a good job at that.

If you have such a great system to keep cheaters out, why don't you help by releasing your tools? Or do you use Nutty's tools?

Or do you use your contacts from that other 'community' for help whistle.gif

I see this being locked soon, don't think the mods will like it confused_o.gif

@FFAM is a sound mod, too.

Don't think that this (FDF & FFAM) works well.

Couldn't they just put their cheat addons within the fdf or ffam mod addons folder?

Btw I looked at the pics and couldn't help myself, and no I don't cheat.

icheatar8.jpg

i have no idea of your knowledge of mods, but i took this

Quote[/b] ]You can see that they're using modified server files.

to mean that you thought the modified files were the cheats

i was just pointing out that they are not.

if u have the spare CPU power then nutty's tool is good, but as a rental company it's overheads are too high.

we don't use anything that isn't readily available and as such there are no tools to release.

i meant no offence, if u took it............. meh

and once u understand the conclusion i came too about the above quote then maybe the line about your ban.txt will be taken the way it was meant, a bit of tongue in cheek.

The 'modified data file' messages were what made me think that they modified original files in an attempt to hide the cheats. Although that's pointless.

I don't run a server so I don't need to deal with banning people. But I do know how some of these cheats work. It's easy for someone with some decent modding/scripting skills to make their own cheats. The original post here is probably just an example of someones personal cheat that they were just messing around with.

Oh well. It's not a big deal smile_o.gif

Found this but not sure if its cheat script

+syplaymusic "ATrack5"; playsound "alarm"; playsound "alarm"; playsound "alarm"; playsound "alarm"; setaperture 0.00000001;UszþûósyPablo GarciaFace47Nonedanf4?ÑeågGòßß**Log Record

Depends what map you was playing. Most likly a cheat as it makes your view messed up with setaperture and plays a lot of alarm sounds, so yeh most probably a cheat.

~|ÿûûÞÃ.setdammage 1} **Log Record

Is setdammage 1 a script on its own that can hack server? Map at the time was berzerk.