Sign in to follow this  
D.murphy man

Quarantine

"you can get 1.12b."

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

It's like Ghost Recon all over again, only without the benefit of DSL.  

BIS got tired of hearing ppl complain about "When's the release" so they went ahead and wrote a series to be released monthly for the next year I bet.   crazy_o.gif

Hmmm. think I'll go read the changelog.

***Edit

"5220 - Fixed: Night sky background was too black, now slightly brighter."

Wha'? Too black?

Dey not lookin' out my window thats for sure.  rofl.gif

* FIX (M4A1): now use fullauto fire mode instead burst.

Like we need to spend more time finding them resupply points?   icon_rolleyes.gif

biggrin_o.gif

39 Mb can wait till I sleep someday. 6 hours is about right... banghead.gif

***3 :  I noticed Yomies finding their way across bridges in 1.11, now with 1.12, they just stand there doing the Hokey Pokey  -1

New FOV, -1

Spending another 2 hours re-tuning my Logitec G5 mouse for Sniping / On foot / In Vehicle  -3

Patching however, has yet to break SPON, Yomies, Quarantine or any of the other addons I'm using  +5

Meh...

sorry guys no update this weekend, maybe Wednesday or Thursday, mainly because its a friends bday and im currently off my tits on alcohol this weekend, the only thing left to fix is survivors not being able to be rescued, ill hopefully be able to fix it soon enough. cheers guys,

Murphy.

Quote[/b] ]sorry guys no update this weekend, maybe Wednesday or Thursday, mainly because its a friends bday and im currently off my tits on alcohol this weekend, the only thing left to fix is survivors not being able to be rescued, ill hopefully be able to fix it soon enough. cheers guys,

Murphy.

Roflmfao

Ok guys, doubt ill get it released today, however alls going well, just about every thing now works 100% in MP and is all synced up with JIP players.

Just one issue remaining, seems to be some weird going ons with players who rescue survivors, disconnect, reconnect into same player slot, then not being able to see any action menus, pick up gear, or get in cars, or when the action menus do work, when players try to 'save' survivors they dont get any reward or even money taken off them!? the survivors seem to still follow the player but player cant command them and theres no indication of the survivors being under there control.

strange indeed, however i think i can fix it all by simply killing off the player and all survivors in his group when he disconnects so hell respawn fresh. At the moment if you disconnect, then reconnect into the same player slot (or even if a new player connects to your previous slot) where ever you where last/weapons carrying/survivors under you command will all be as you left it, this isnt intentional and i think it make things easier if you just respawn a fresh when reconnecting (plus if a new players connects to your previous slot, it makes sense to have them respawn a new).

Im just trying to understand how Onplayerdisconnect works and if i can simply kill the player and his group off with somthing like <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Onplayerdisconnect {(_x setdammage 1) foreach units player/_id/_name/somthing else....} in the init.sqf but at the moment i cant seem to get any thing working.

Help would be appreciated!

Help would be appreciated!

Perhaps instead of trying to kill them off onPlayerDisconnect you could simply exec the survivorgroup thru the rescue.sqf?

I guess it could cause issues with the Spon script thou if it started looking for a place to put the money? I dunno, just a thought.

***Edit***

So if the Rescue script performed a check to see if the player is active / alive etc. then conditionally awarding money OR just dumping the survivors it might help avoid issues with depositing funds to an invalid account at the SPON bank? biggrin_o.gif

well i could do it all fancy like but to be honest the most simple and straight forward solution would be just to kill the players character and survivors in the players group as soon as the player is disconnected. Meaning no issues with civs (survivors) under your command after reconnecting or issues with new players joining previously played slots.

When you rejoin your bank and money are all set back to default any way and like i said before if another player joins into the slot u disconnect from it make sense to have them start from respawn with nothing rather then be in the last location with all the weapons the last guy who played that slot had.

keep up the good work though i have to admit i havent played it much lately. the whole horror/survival aspect of it is gone. think a solution would be less vehicles and the ones you find should only have 5% fuel or something like that. and more missions inside cities. basically being more on foot would add so much to the atmosphere.

keep up the good work though i have to admit i havent played it much lately. the whole horror/survival aspect of it is gone. think a solution would be less vehicles and the ones you find should only have 5% fuel or something like that. and more missions inside cities. basically being more on foot would add so much to the atmosphere.

Would giving him a quick explanation on how to add "this setfuel random 0.1;" to his vehicles init lines using the replace all feature of ArmA Edit be considered off limits for a user missions thread? whistle.gif Mabey how to get it in the editor so he can clear some of the "Excess traffic"?

P.S.: Try using the Hulk_OGG player, makes it harder to hear them sneak up on you, adds many point's to the "Eeek!" factor, especially with the right music. (Find the Haloween theme song, or the Mall muzak from Dawn of the dead etc)

P.S.S. "basically being more on foot would add so much to the atmosphere.",,,

Stop getting into cars then. tounge2.gif

(j/k)

Meanwhile, for our Zombie-related enjoyment, some animation from Newgrounds. thumbs-up.gif

I am planning to add "this setfuel random 1" to all the vehicles in the quarantine zone, however this does involve me going over every single last vehicle on the island (which is a lot) to add this to all of them.

And as for whole disconection issue, its been solved thanks to some helpful people over at OFPEC forum. Players character and all survivors under his command are now killed if the player disconnects. Solving all strange issues with survivors under your command at reconnection and solving few other problems.

@d.murphy

You'll want to use the vehicles command : don't believe the blurb, it really only returns vehicles. smile_o.gif (unless it's changed in the betas)

Something like

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{_x setFuel (random 1)} foreach vehicles;

Even -if- the command did in some future version return units as well as vehicles, the setFuel command wouldn't do anything against a flesh-and-blood unit smile_o.gif

If you want it to just affect empty vehicles, you'd just do something like

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{if ((count crew _x) < 1) then {_x setfuel (random 1)}} forEach vehicles

Untested but should work. smile_o.gif

Keep it up!

Regards,

Wolfrug

Just a quick note on fuel.

In most car like vehicles, .01 = ~40 seconds of fuel.

In most large military vehicles .01 = ~1m20s of fuel

By rough extrapolation, .1 = ~ 6m40s, 1 = ~1h6m40s.

Fuel use seems independent of speed, you get 40s if you are slow (Q), average (W) or fast (E) so you can get farther at high speeds with the same fuel, which doesn't make much sense but there it is. The time does not however run if the engine is off, but will if the engine is on and the vehicle is not moving.

To my knowledge you cannot add fuel (like add .1 to .01 to get .11), just set the fuel level. I am making a mission where fuel is important, which is why I did the testing.

I am planning to add "this setfuel random 1" to all the vehicles in the quarantine zone, however this does involve me going over every single last vehicle on the island (which is a lot) to add this to all of them.

ArmA Edit, set to open All filetypes, open mission.sqm.

Every vehicle you would want to have setfuel random 1 (or 0.5, etc.) to already has setdamage random 1 listed in it's init.

Just use the menu bar edit tool "replace all" and add it to all instances of setdamage 1.

init="this setdammage random 1"; becomes init="this setdammage random 1;this setfuel random 0.05; clearmagazinecargo this; clearWeaponCargo this;";

Quick, Painless and you will have the effect desired on all the vehicles placed in the editor already set to have randomised damage, not additional ones that you buy or are Outpost mission related. Who would want to pay 500,000 for a Kamov and only get a half tank of gas? wink_o.gif

If the changes that Wolfrug suggested happen to be in the init.sqm isn't it going to happen for every vehicle spawned? (Like the purchaced ones / Base Resupply truck)

V2.3

*NOW REQUIRES ARMA 1.09+*

FIXED-Sycning in MP with markers, secure area missions, etc... *SHOULD NOW BE 100% PLAYABLE IN MP*

FIXED-AI not firing over sand bag walls (AI fix in latest ARMA patches)

FIXED-Friendly AI shooting each other and you due to negative ratings

FIXED-Entering a vehicle whiles in a Secure area mission causing the mission to fail.*STILL DO NOT GET A REWARD IF MISSION IS COMPLETED WHILE IN VEHICLE.*

FIXED-Strange bugs when JIP'ing.

FIXED-Not all players being able to 'rescue' survivors.

ADDED-All vehicles found in the quarantine zone now have random amounts of fuel as well as damage.

ADDED-Fines of 2000 for any player that kills a friendly AI guards.

RapidShare link

If every things stable with this release, then i shall get to work on aesthetics and atmosphere of the mission.

I had a quick go at it last night, noticed the fixes pretty quick.

Happy I can now rescue survivors, but what was funnier, was that my buddy and I could steal them from each other. The option to rescue still shows when they are already rescued (and when they are dead), was this intended?

I like the random fuel, we ran out once but it was in camp so it was not a big deal. Could have been though, and that is the good part as it adds that element of 'don't run out of gas, don't run out of gas, aw crap <insert squishy brain sounds>'.

Good stuff, keep it up.

Yes that was intentional, i thought it could add some player conflict if players could steal a valuable 'resource' from one another. In this case the survivours. You can also kill the other player, then go steal all his survivours before he has a chance to respawn and get back to them, and also all his weapons and go sell them at the gun smugglers.

If every things stable with this release, then i shall get to work on aesthetics and atmosphere of the mission.

One little "side-mission" I came up with for myself was planting a damaged / de-fueled Kamov, AH-1Z, Mi-17 etc. at the Airport. sort of fun trying to make it all the way there with a fuel, ammo and a repair truck. (Better still when you remove them from the outpost vehicle shop list and have to make it from Corazol)

Havent been able to reproduce the Zombie Killing field scene from 28 weeks later, but its fun seeing how many I "run over" before I turn into a lawn dart.

I've also been thinking about tinkering with the SPON script a bit to see if I can create additional forms of currency / an account of sorts that would "loose interest" like a food bank, another to represent metals, wood and plastic salvage. (This all, is of course in the event they finish the Armageddon addon and it's incorporated into Quarantine / or not, adding expendable resources would be cool) Then when a Secure Area mission is completed you would gain in various scavanged surplus to allow construction / repar of weapons and vehicles as well as a food stash. thumbs-up.gif

I was considering adding food and such, maybe in the future releases, my main goal at the moment is ironing out every single last bug to have a perfectly playable version with all the current features. With this latest release i believe im pretty close to it.

Fingers crossed theres now no show stopping bugs in MP, id be happy to see this take on on a few dedicated servers just like Sharani ville RPG and the like. At the moment main player base is purely SP, dont get me wrong im glad people are enjoying this, i just want to be able to join some others in the zombie huntin' fun tounge2.gif Although its understandable with the earlier releases that where very unstable in MP.

For dedicated servers I'd think that the "144 group limit" would need to be fixed first. I know spawning & spawn clearing is Sleepers dept. and I added a thought to his thread if ya' want a peek at the concept.

For dedicated servers I'd think that the "144 group limit" would need to be fixed first. I know spawning & spawn clearing is Sleepers dept. and I added a thought to his thread if ya' want a peek at the concept.

As i wrote in the Yomies thread - i am using one yomie per one group (which results in maximum of 144 yomies spawned), because when the group have got more than one member, one of the members becomes a leader and this leader will start overriding my scripted commands, and makes stop the FSMs which are controling each yomie.

Also, the group members starts to communicate with each other ("ALL, MOVE TO THAT BUSH", "...NEGATIVE", etc.).

So, we need to find solution for the following questions:

1. How to forbid the leader from issuing any commands which are overriding my scripts/FSMs?

2. How to prevent the group members from communicating with each other? (solution for the first problem could also solve this one)

V2.3 now Hosted at Armaholic, thanks Big!

And i will take a look into 144 limit, cheers fritz. With current version i think it shouldnt cause to much of a problem. Inless all 12 player slots are filled, and all 12 players are all in seperate spawn zones across the island. (Unlikely, people like to stick together)

Ok maybe someone has a hint for me.....

1. I did a fresh Istall of Arma

2. Then QG

3. Then Patch 1.12B

4. I copyed Yomies Addon in my Addons Folder

5. Same goes the RH Pistol Pack 1.5

6. The Mission itself went straight into my /Missions Folder

I started the Mission.... it works, but:

- i canot buy anything (no cars, no guns)

- The Bank doesnt work

- When i am running around in the Q Zone i get some weird

error Messages in the upper left corner of the screen

sometimes.

Any ideas ??

Greets

#1: Stores are at the flagpoles, have to stand right by it & have your crosshairs on the pole (Just in case ya' missed that)

If you put the addons directly into your default ArmA\Addons folder, remove them.

In your ArmA folder, make another folder, name it @Quarantine

put another folder inside that one called Addons. Put Yomies and RH_pistols in that addon folder.

Make another 1.12 beta shortcut, rename it Quarantine, right click it and in the target path line put

"G:\Program Files\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -nosplash -profiles=Profiles -mod=beta;DBE1;@Quarantine

Not that putting the addons directly into your addon folder wont work, but if you add a bunch and some dont work well together, well, it'll make it much easier to find the ones that conflict with each other using additional addon folders like that.

And as far as the "weird error" could you be more specific? Did you hear someone shouting at 1 to cease fire? If so, that seems to be due to the penalty script for shooting friendlies not being able to deduct any money from an AI shooter. (Mabey it needs a check for "isPlayer" before it runs?)

First: Thank you for your precise Answer !

Second: I try this out ASAP,.... but i got a short time employment for the next 10 days, so be a little patient.

As soon as i can get to it i will report back here how it worked out.

Since then,

my best regards.

Edit:

And btw, yes indeed i got this "seize fire" Broadcast from time to time.

This "weird Error" Message i refer to was something about spawning and apeared in white letters in the upper left corner, some sort of Sourcecode message i guess maybe Debug info ?

Doing a screenshot would be the best thing i guess stay tuned

No need for a screenshot.

The "spawn error" is nothing to be concerned over really.

There are sort of 2 sections to the spawn area.

#1 where the Yomies spawn

#2 Another area, about 20m greater in diameter than the spawn area (overlaid)

When you enter area 1, the yomies spawn, when you exit area #2 it kills off the yomies / makes them dissapear.

I'm guessing the error (I get it too) is due to having left area 2 but heading back into it too soon, i.e. the Yomies in the area havent all been deleted as of yet and suddenly theres a player in the area while the cleanup script is running so wham, theres an error. OR it could be simply from entering / leaving /entering a spawn area (#1) during the spawn cycle (IIR, the Yomies spawn at about 2-3 per second, and if theres 40 in a spawn area it would take 20 seconds for them to all spawn. so if you run in and out within 10 seconds, etc. u get the idea I'm sure.

OffTopic: Think Im gonna go watch my entire George Romero collection while the DX9 update downloads (6 hours...)

P.S. prepare to be dissapointed by the remake of Day of the Dead, thank god I've got a VHS rip

Mabey I should make a sound pack? (Have nearly every Zombie movie made since 1968 on my PC thumbs-up.gif ) Or would that cut too close to copyright infringment?

Ok here's the deal:

I did everything exactly as you described it,..... but with no outcome.

Nothing happens around the Flagpoles (tried approx. 300 angles smile_o.gif ), except the first one right at spawnpoint.

It says something about "Rescue and Reward" and the script seems to work correctly.

The others dont work.

Greets