Sign in to follow this  
D.murphy man

Quarantine

But it would be simple to set up spawning AI bandits on the East side... interesting.

Been REALLY enjoying this mod... Sadly playing only single player since I have not seen any Quarantine servers running in the master list.

Our little LAN gaming group are watching the development of this mod closely. It really is absorbing for any true fan of the zombie genre. I had an excellent "Dawn of the Dead(1979)" moment. I had just bought a Little Bird and was flying low following the highway between Somato and Paraiso. I crest a hill and there tons of zombies walking through the countryside. It was quite striking as I wasn't expecting that.

If there is room in your queue for suggestions... wink_o.gif

1. Having a horn blast attract survivors. It is difficult to find them and if you can attract them somehow. (and zombies too, of course)

2. Specialized mission opportunities that would pop up. example1: a group of survivors in some remote farmhouse have radioed in and are surrounded. You have to get as many as you can out in a limited timeframe. example2: An SAR mission to find a downed helo in a given grid. Also timed before the crew get eaten.

3. Increased risk at the Smuggler. If things got tougher based on your current assets, that would be nice. I mean if you land your UH60 on the beach and are selling a load of iron worth 200k, bringing your net worth up to 1.5 million, you exhibit a high degree of survivability and should be challenged commensurate to your assets... Jumping off your battered dirt bike to sell an MP5 so you can afford an AK47 shouldn't attract as much unwanted attention by comparison.

4. A few searchable structures would be interesting. Maybe the spawning of an ammo crate with a few trinkets in it, be it ammo or a nice silenced handgun etc etc

5. Convoys limited to those the Army could "trust." ie having the ability to grab a truck with a .50 in it makes it MUCH easier to clear a mission area at greatly decreased risk. Even if you don't get the Zombie Bounty, having the .50 at "level 1" definitely eases your task... smile_o.gif

6.(kinda) As much as I would love seeing silenced weapons, it would make it too easy to hunt and not get overrun by chomping Zack

Anyways, thanks for many "Holy Sh1T!!!" moments. I usually play late at night with headphones. smile_o.gif

1. Hmm, ill look into it. Seems like it could be easy to implement in theory but undoubtedly bloody tricky to implement and get working properly. Its certainly possible for survivors, but im afraid not for yomies to also be attracted.

2.More missions other then the secure area mission are in the pipeline! But they can be tricky, hard to implement and to sync properly over MP, so don't expect too many new ones in next update.

3.Im afraid that be way over my scripting abilities to implement zombie numbers based on player assets that are in the spawn area. Sorry.

4.already planned wink_o.gif

5.Intresting idea, Trust could be factored on how many missions you complete etc.. maybe even not being aloud in the military base intill you gain enough 'trust' could be a good game mechanic and give players something to achieve. Maybe even eventually the military would give special missions only to 'trusted' players, like leading military patrols etc...

Killing fellow players, and friendly AI would lower your 'trust' in till you hit bandit status, this would give the player a negative score so theyd be targeted by all AI (even survivors) and thus be outcast to the Quarantine zone to scavange supplies of dead players, and dead survivors.

Cheers for the suggestions, and glad your enjoy the mission biggrin_o.gif

So instead of calling them out as in suggestion #1, mabey have survivors cry out for help on a regular basis, like when they hear a gunshot? Or randomly call to see if theres anybody out there? I'd rip the clip from Day of the Dead (Circa 85' ) when they went to search for survivors, had that "Desperate yet hopeless" undertone to it. Of course having the Survivors yelling might draw the Yomies to them faster than normal which would add a sense of urgency in picking them up likely leading to being chased by mobs of Yomies... I like it.  biggrin_o.gif

Hi Again,

My friends and I put a solid 4hrs in on the game last night. Got a few reports to pass along...

1. The flagpole of the vehicle vendor in the Quarantine Zone base should be moved away from the surrounding structures a bit. We had bought a Ural and it materialized completely blocked in by the pole. It remained wedged there until I had the idea of taking another car and ramming it free. smile_o.gif

2. Are Completed Missions to award 5k to each person in the zone or to each person in a squad? We found that a random (seemingly) person would get the 5k cash reward.

3. We found that a mission would be called to clear an area that was previously cleared but had no respawned Yombies. ie, our first mission of the evening was to clear the gas station along the north coast highway. It was also our final mission of the evening and when we got there, no one was there. It eventually marked it as complete again and someone got a random 5k. smile_o.gif

4. The convoy truck's ammo does not get reloaded when the resupply is complete and the truck gets teleported back to Corazol. I assume damage to the truck would similarly be retained. Maybe a Delete+Add operation rather than a Move operation? wink_o.gif

5. We had a couple of times when a couple of us ordered survivors into cars, they would obey but, upon returning to the Q-Zone camp, they could not be extracted from the car to claim reward. Nor could we order them out as they seemed to disappear from the our control. (No command icon) They did stay in the car until zombies munched them though. We could then move the dead body out.

All in all an EXCELLENT evening was had. We were using SKYPE for comms as the ingame voice is a wee bit hinky. It also allowed us to debug getting into the game to begin with. It was quite nerve wracking to run missions at night. NVGs or no, we were still freaked out. One of our last missions had everyone low on ammo. My most-full clip had 9 rounds in it. YIKES.

Thanks for your quick response/consideration. The comment passed among the group that it was refreshing seeing a mod author so clued in and enthusiastic to the comments posted. Our LAN gang has been playing together since '94 (Doom2) and have seen our share of mods.

Thanks again!

-=Weasel

Hey thanks for the bug report, i think thats the first *real* play testing this mission has had from any one other then me.

1. Noted, will move the pole in next version.

2.Players are meant to get 5k each, where any of you in vehicles at the time of the mission being completed? Like mention the in the briefing i had difficulty trying to count players who where in vehicles, so only players who are on foot in the mission area are rewarded. Also was every one within the mission area? (the circle marked on map) if they aren't within the mission area when the mission is completed then they wont get a reward.(this is intentional, since some players might be on other side the island doing there own thing,not team playing, ect..)

3.The secure area missions are randomly selected from a set number of areas, and thus you may get the same mission more then once.(this was so the mission could be hosted 24/7 on dedi servers for people to drop in and out of) However the zombies *should* still spawn. Where zombies still spawning in any other locations whiles you was traveling to the mission area? if not it might mean an old bug is back again where the zombies just dry up and stop spawning altogether (due to 144 group limitations).

4.I *did* fix this, but for some strange reason now i look back over my scripts it seems my fix isnt there any more, i must of forgot to save the file crazy_o.gif , so its been noted and will be fixed again.

5.Strange, i did make sure the AI would disembark all vehicles before being deleted to avoid this happening, but on looking over the script again iv relised that if the AI are driving the vehicle, or the vehicle is still moving by some other means, the AI would refuse to disembark. Thus leading to them being 'deleted' from the players control but still sat in the vehicle like you described.

And thanks for the kind comments, i do try my best to include or at least consider every ones suggestions. But as always its hard to find time to implement some, let alone all of them. But saying that i have a small update on progress:

Today iv finally managed to find a bit of spare time/motivation to get adding content to the mission/mod. A new mission has now been added, the much requested 'find crashed chopper and rescue survivors' is now implemented. A request will be sent out and map updated to show a rough location of the crash chopper, players can search the marked out area for wreckage of the chopper and hopefully some survivors. Once the chopper is found all players within close proximity to the chopper will be rewarded 3k, and 2 military personal can be rescued (provided they haven't been eaten) and taken back to refugee camp for an extra 1k bonus on top of normal survivor rescue reward. Will get working on more missions + bug fixes soon.

Heya,

Just to give you an idea of the impact your mod has had, I have an email list among a group of my LAN gaming friends. Makes it easy to communicate ie Only one email address to remember. Anyway, we have started writing up narratives of our adventures into "The Q" as we have taken to calling the Quarantine Zone. I have taken the emails and posted them to my little forum here:

http://weaselnet.us/lhiboard/viewforum.php?f=14

Feel free to take a looksee.

Anyway,

Regarding the mission rewards, the mission message would come in while all of us were within slapping distance of each other and in the middle of the mission zone. None of us were in vehicles as we read the message boards and didn't want to lose cash. smile_o.gif

As for Mission Area spawns, I am pretty sure there things were still spawning as we swung by the small base outside Corazol after finding the empty mission area at the Gas Station on the coast. There were plenty of zombies there for us.

I forwarded a snip about the new mission to my gang and it was greeted with great enthusiasm. We will be trying to get another session in this weekend. The frustrating thing is that there is only one server I see running quarantine and it is passworded.

sad_o.gif We are looking into setting up a dedicated rig at least for a while. Our group has no shortage of older machines in the boneyard....

The second time in each area the yombies were not re-spawning in that particular area.

(Was playing the game with Weaselboy)

Hey again guys! As for the reward thing now working i am looking into it, it seems it could be some sync'ing issues over MP that could be the reason for not every one being rewarded.

And whiles investigating the problem about the zombies not spawning i have stumbled upon a major bug. It seems that if a enter a spawn zone, and dont kill any zombies, then they'll respawn again once you reenter the area, but if you kill the zombies they wont respawn again once you reenter that area.(which is why i guess is why the secure area mission locations would be empty second time round). Ill hopefully find a solution to this soon.

Stay tuned people.

Hey once more guys. Still having trouble with the zombie spawning (one the main pain in arses since i started this project) whilst i wait for a reply in yomies thread regarding that i have come up with a simple and easy to use script for placing ammo box's in random locations in random buildings threw out cities.

Although extremely messy and properly very inefficient the script counts the number of available positions (positions being what AI use to navigate buildings) inside the nearest building, if no positions are available (i.e.its a non enterable building) it will randomly place the ammo box within a radius around that building, then find the next closest building, and so on in till it finds a building which has positions and then places the ammo crate inside the building at a random location with a random assortment of weapons.Creating a totally random scavenger hunt every time you run the mission, since the ammo crates wont be in same place twice. Hopefully this will up the fear factor as players now have a reason to search and get trapped in buildings by the zombies.

Incase any one wants it:

Init line of your box : [this] exec "randombox.sqs"

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

? !isServer: exit

_Armed=random 7

_box=_this select 0

_box setdir random 360;

#start

_building= nearestbuilding _box

_noofpos=0

while {format["%1",_building buildingPos _noofpos] != "[0,0,0]"} do {_noofpos = _noofpos + 1}

?(_noofpos <= 3):_box setpos [((getpos _building) select 0) + random 40 - random 40 ,((getpos _building) select 1) + random 40 - random 40];goto "start"

_box setPos ((nearestBuilding _box) buildingPos random round _noofpos - 1);

clearmagazinecargo _box;

clearWeaponCargo _box;

~1

?(_armed<=1):_box addmagazinecargo ["15Rnd_9x19_M9",random 3];_box addweaponcargo ["m9",1];goto "exit"

~0.5

?(_armed<=2):_box addmagazinecargo ["30Rnd_9x19_tec",random 3];_box addweaponcargo ["RH_tec9",1];goto "exit"

~0.5

?(_armed<=3):_box addmagazinecargo ["32Rnd_9x19_Muzi",random 3];_box addweaponcargo ["RH_muzi",1];goto "exit"

~0.5

?(_armed<=4):_box addmagazinecargo ["30Rnd_9x19_MP5",random 3];_box addweaponcargo ["mp5A5",1];goto "exit"

~0.5

?(_armed<=5):_box addmagazinecargo ["30rnd_545x39_AK",random 3];_box addweaponcargo ["ak74",1];goto "exit"

~0.5

?(_armed<=6):_box addmagazinecargo ["15Rnd_9x19_usp",random 3];_box addweaponcargo ["RH_usp",1];goto "exit"

~0.5

?(_armed>6):_box addmagazinecargo ["33Rnd_9x19_g18",random 3];_box addweaponcargo ["RH_g18",1];goto "exit"

#exit

exit

Things you may want to tweak:

Line 9 : ?(_noofpos <= #) - # is the minimum number of positions a building must have if its to be considered for placing your ammo box in. I usually use 3+ to avoid things just being placed in door ways of non enterable buildings.

Line 9 :(getpos _building) select 0) + random 40 - random 40 ,((getpos _building) select 1) + random 40 - random 40] - this determines the random radius around the building the box will be placed if that building is unsuitable, from which it will look for next closes building. Change the '40' variables either lower in denser urban areas or higher in more open country side.other wise itll just keep looping and finding the same 'unsuitable' building if that is the only building nearest to it.

line 14 and below - these are just the random weapons that will be randomly added. edit them with any weapon you want, or change them to addmagazine/addweapon for AI soldiers or just delete them altogether.

Note this code has RH_Pistol weapon class name included, you may want to change that to standard BIS weapons or something if your not using that addon. Also it hasnt been tested in MP.

Also this can be easly edited and used to place AI soldiers or any thing else randomly around buildings across an entire city if you wish. Saves a lot of fiddling around trying to find every building you can enter and placing things individually.

Nifty idea for the random scavenger hunt! Will see if we can give it a test this weekend.

Bob Mako

Agreed! This is a very cool addition. I can also see maybe giving a slight chance of an ammo box having a weapon in there as well.

As long as we are talking random things, perhaps randomizing the Smuggler's prices. Maybe giving a base markup of 25% with a range of 25% - 100%. That way you WILL make money but it is not as tasty as an immediate 100% return on your investment.

I also like that he doesn't take magazines. I bought a mess with spare cash thinking he would buy them but nooooo. smile_o.gif

OK Now I have a selfish request. I have been trying to set up a dedicated Quarantine server and I am thwarted. Does anyone here happen to have a working server.cfg file for this mod? I try and start the game but the server stays in the "Creating" state.

Thanks!

OK  Now I have a selfish request.  I have been trying to set up a dedicated Quarantine server and I am thwarted.  Does anyone here happen to have a working server.cfg file for this mod?  I try and start the game but the server stays in the "Creating" state.

Thanks!

You might have an addon missing somewhere. I've had problems with hosting this on a dedi-serv as it would just hang on create and not go into the mission. I was fooling around on the dedi-serv machine and found out I was missing the Yomies addon for this. ( go figure? )But now it will work.

Yomies and RHPistols were in their @directories. I guess it didnt like them there because once I copied the .PBOs directly into the arma\addons main directory, it was able to start up.

Weird.

Anyone plan on maken a online server for this or is this not multiplayer?

Wow, hurting. Only 2 servers. 1 has 2 people (Kai and someone else) in it but it's passworded. The other is emtpy and cannot connect. And I can't seem to make my own server. Ugh!

I have an on again off again server up.

Setting up a regualr server should be easy. Copy the yomies and RH_Pistols .PBO files into your Arma\addons directory and copy the quarantine .pbo into you arma\MPMissions folder

Let us know how you made out...

I just got through setting up a dedicated server as follows:

My start icon has the following start properties:

"C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\arma_server.exe" -nosplash -mod=@Quarantine;@yomies;@RH_Pistols -config=server.cfg

and this is my server.config

--------------------------------

//

// server.cfg

//

// comments are written with "//" in front of them.

// GLOBAL SETTINGS

hostname="Weaselboy's Target Range"; // The name of the server that shall be displayed in the public server list

password=""; // Password for joining, eg connecting to the server

passwordAdmin="foo"; // Password to become server admin. When Youre in Arma MP and connected to the server, type '#login xyz'

reportingIP="armedass.master.gamespy.com"; // This is the default setting. If you change this, your server might not turn up in the public list. Leave empty for private servers

logFile="server_console.log"; // Tells arma-server where the logfile should go and what it should be called

// WELCOME MESSAGE ("The Weasel Is Behind You...")

// It can be several lines, separated by comma

// Empty messages "" will not be displayed at all but are only for increasing the interval

motd[]={

"", "", "",

"Welcome to 'The Q'",

// "Server Settings: Veteran, Crosshair=off, 3rdPerson=off, MapInfo=off, VoN=off, CustomFiles=200KByte, Voting=33%, PersistentMaps=on",

// "We are looking for fun - Join us Now !",

// "http://www.mypage.org/",

// "",

// "You should use mumble, its better than",

// "TS2 Server for recruits: mypage.org:8767"

};

motdInterval=5; // Time interval (in seconds) between each message

// JOINING RULES

checkfiles[]={ // Checks if these files are equal to the servers files. If one or more is not, player will be kicked from server

"HWTL\dta\data3d.pbo",

"dta\data3d.pbo"

};

maxPlayers=30; // Maximum amount of players. Civilians and watchers, beholder, bystanders and so on also count as player.

Kickduplicate=1; // Each ArmA version has its onw ID. If kickduplicate is set to 1, a player will be kicked when he joins a server where another player with the same ID is playing.

verifySignatures=0; // Verifies the players files by checking them with the .bisign signatures. Works properly from 1.08 on

equalModRequired=0; // If set to 1, player has to use exactly the same -mod= startup parameter as the server.

// VOTING

voteMissionPlayers=1; // Tells the server how many people must connect so that it displays the mission selection screen.

voteThreshold=0.33; // 33% or more players need to vote for something, for example an admin or a new map, to become effective

// INGAME SETTINGS

disableVoN=1; // If set to 1, Voice over Net will not be available

vonCodecQuality=0; // Quality from 1 to 10

persistent=1; // If 1, missions still run on even after the last player disconnected.

3rdPersonView=0; // Probably does not work here, should be set in the .armaprofile file of the server

difficulty="veteran"; // Probably does not work here, should be set in the .armaprofile file of the server

// SCRIPTING ISSUES

onUserConnected=""; // self-explaining

onUserDisconnected="";

doubleIdDetected="";

regularCheck="";

onDifferentData="";

onUnsignedData="server globalChat format['Player %1 is using unsigned data.', (_this select 0)];"; // unsigned data detected

onHackedData=""; // tampering of the signature detected, see also verifySignatures above

// MISSIONS CYCLE (see below)

class Missions {

class WEASEL_01 // name for the mission, can be anything

{

template = RPG_12_Quarantine_V2_3.Sara;

cadetMode = 0; // difficulty 0=veteran 1=cadet (not only AI, but radar, map etc)

};

};

Just tried, said there was a file needed that was deleted so it failed sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]-mod=@Quarantine;@yomies;@RH_Pistols

Are you using a mod folder for quarantine, yomies, and RH_pistols each? or are they all in the same mod folder? if they are in the same mod folder shouldn't it be just -mod=@ModFolderName?

I currently host the mission on a LAN dedi server on my PC and connect to it using the same PC, for testing MP syncing of scripts ect.. between client and server, It seems to work fine for me with out any problems at all. However im not experienced in server hosting and not sure how it would differ over the actual internet and such.

My server shortcut properties:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma_server.exe" -config=server.cfg -mod=@quarantine -nosplash

And of course just a very simple server config file since i only host on LAN to test things out:

Quote[/b] ]// Anyone connecting can become admin with a simple "#login"

passwordAdmin = "";

persistent=1;

// Prevent server from broadcasting its existance to GameSpy, so there won't be any

// random people trying to connect, even if the game is on the Internet

reportingIP = "<>";

// Allow multiple clients to connect using just one copy of ArmA

kickduplicate = 0;

*Edit* also weasel, you might want to change your Admin login password, since you've just posted it up above for all to see.

That isn't my REAL admin password. wink_o.gif

As for the addons, I had them in separate directories and they worked fine for single player. However, I found that I had to add the yomies and the RH_Pistols into my main addons dir for the dedicated server to work. I just never changed my shortcut.

"Weaselboy's Target Range" has been up and open for the last few days. I see that a few people have tried to swing by as well as attracting some undesirable that was just shooting people in the main spawn camp. If I was online at the time, I would have banned his butt.

As for field reports, I had a couple of eerie moments that I think were due to some bug or another.

I had respawned not in the main base but on the streets of Corazol, some distance from the base. As I was walking back to base, through the empty streets, at dusk no less, I came around a corner and found a squad of dead blue-bereted soldiers dead in the middle of the street. VERY freaky as it was totally unexpected. Ran into a similar group of dead soldiers in the streets of another town as well. I am wondering if that is due to someone killing the local soldiers in the camp and having THEM respawn somewhere and then get eaten.

The thing that is really getting to me in this game is not Quarantine's fault. Why in the name of the Wide World of Sports can we not at least WALK while reload? And why the HELL can't we abort the reload action after we hit 'R'huh.gif? That one thing has been the cause of more of my deaths in the Q than anything else.

Hmm that certainly is strange. I cant think of any reason why you should repsawn any where else other then at refugee camp? All it is a bog standard respawn set up that you encounter in many MP missions, so its tried and tested and should respawn you back at the camp, so there shouldnt be any reason i can think of to cause you to spawn any where else. Inless a hacker has joined and done something (could explain all dead bodies piled up too)

Hey D,

So the last few days I have had a server up and running and the I have noted the following:

1. The game crashes after a certain amount of time. I'm not sure what the problem is other than ArmA itself crashing. I have been running a persistent server so I can throw my guns in a car and then come back to them after dinner. smile_o.gif

2. I have found that sometimes a player AI goes active and starts wandering the Q shooting zombies. I was playing one night, alone, and I see on the map that "Player2" is moving! I think it is one of my friends that were on the server earlier. In fact, their names are still on the "i" multiplayer scoreboard. However, I finally track this player down and it is just an AI officer, in blue beret, running around on foot. This might explain the dead squads of soldiers I find in town sometimes....

FYI, I am having a LAN party this weekend so if you want to slide us a beta version of your latest changes for us to test for you, PLEASE feel free to PM me. And if you feel like remoting in, let me know. Prime game time will be Saturday early evening through the early morning EST

Latest Suggestions:

- Medkits! A one time heal that can be performed in the field but takes about a minute to use. That way it would act more like a procedure and not an instantaneous Cure Serious Wounds spell

- a Recruiting tent. Similar to what you can do in Evolution. From this "store", you would be able to select a SINGLE AI squad member with limited loadouts. Once it dies, it is gone. I say only one since it can easily become overpowering. It should be less costly than a Blackhawk but not much. I figure around $75-$85k

--- Sample Loadouts(All with full ammo, Binocs, NVGs ---

$60k - M1911

$70k - MP5

$80k - M4A1

$80k - AK74

$100k - M4A1 + Medic

$150k - PKM (This trooper would be AMAZINGLY useful)

That's it for now...

And another thing,:)

I can't seem to get the console_log working. It isn't logging at all despite the file/location I direct it to... Could this be a Quarantine thing or just a user-related issue with Arma in general? smile_o.gif

Hey again Weaselboy,

1.Not sure what would be causing that, will look into it,

2.Now that is strange! Its not like they have waypoints or any thing. So they should just stand around at spawn when not controlled by a player. Will look into it but i cant think what would be causing this.

Sorry the Beta version is currently unplayable as is and im still in the progress of adding things in and working on a few new scripts, however thanks for the offer! The new version shouldnt be too far off now, perhaps a week or 2 depending on if i find the time.

As for the other suggestions:

Medkits - already planned

Recruitment tents - also planned, going to work pretty much how you described it.

And finally...

I have recently implemented the new Radiation fallout feature. Radiation fallout will randomly drift across the island, if a player enters the fallout he will be informed via a hint (i suck with dialogs) looking something like this:

Quote[/b] ]

Rad.Level:LOW *||-----*

Rad.Exposure:10%

Rad.Sickness:10%

Now Rad.level indicates the rate of Rad.exposure you'll get, the deeper into a fallout zone you go, the higher Rad.level will go like this:

CLEAR *|------*,

,LOW *||-----*,

LOW*|||----*,

MEDIUM*||||---*,

MEDIUM *|||||--*,

HIGH *||||||-*

HIGH *|||||||*

Notice the *||----* will be like a sort of meter higher it goes the deeper your getting into the fallout.Before i expand on this further let me explain the other indicators.

Rad.Exposure is the % of radiation you have gained in the fallout, this will rise when inside a fallout zone, and gradually decrease back to 0% in when your not inside a fallout zone.

Rad.Sickness basically represents your health (so if your already injured, that is taken into account also). When it reaches 90-100% you will die. You gain Rad.sickness for every % of Rad.exposure you gain, however, once you leave the fallout zone, and your Rad.exposure starts going down,however you still GAIN Rad.sickness for every % your Exposure goes down. And as your rad.sickness goes up, the more physically injured you get (bloody arms n legs, cant aim, etc..)

So for example, if you enter a fallout zone, and by time you leave your Rad.Exposure is 10% your Rad.Sickness will also be roughly 10%. Now that you are outside of the Fallout, your no longer gaining exposure but loosing it. However your still getting sick from that exposure. So by time your Rad.exposure hits 0% your rad sickness will be 20%. Then you reenter a fallout zone and 5% exposure again, your sickness is now 25%, you leave again the fallout again and wait for the exposure to ware off back down to 0%. You now have 30% sickness.

You can 'cure' your rad sickness by simply healing at a hospital tent.

Now back to how Rad.level effects both your sickness and exposure. At LOW levels you gain 1% exposure and sickness every 20 seconds. At MEDIUM levels you gain 3% every 10 seconds, and at HIGH you gain 6% every 5 seconds.

I am now trying to implement a 'Anti-Rad' item, You will be able to buy this and use it to bring down your Rad.Exposure without it giving you more sickness. Thus being able to survive in fallout for longer without getting too sick.