Sign in to follow this  
frostwyrm333

Two new arma 2 presentations (in czech)

Thing about dynamic destructions isnt excuse. Look on HL2 deadmatch, static map, few dozen objects, 10 players and horrible ping. And its hard for performance too, you couldnt have some nuke that will destroy 10 buildings without 0-2 fps. And such area would have hunreds of useless objects lying around. Because of such physics the server would have to be very expansive with very strong network. Impossible for 60 players. Maybe for lan but they dont want to add features which wont work in entire game.

About those vehicles i dont know but its shame, if ai cant recognize such very small areas, its better this way maybe, but they should add some "vehicle walking" animations, this is too weird.

Just look on some unreal tournament 3 with ageia physics article.

Ok a couple things here... no one is argueing anything about MP being hard with DD. But ArmA2 will not be an MMO and the single player experience should not suffer becuase of the MP aspect of the game. If MP was the only issue, its simple.... just make it so the buildings in MP are static. No destuction at all.... it would be fine. I do believe this is how Crysis works with its physics. Or have them work like they do in ArmA, where when they take enough damage they just fall down. Sure it might be a little work, but oh friggen well... ArmA2 is suppose to be a "new" "new generation" game. And just throwing some graphical effects in, does NOT make it "next gen".

And as for your HL2 comparison... HL2 has graphics that are far more advanced then ArmA, and not optomized for large areas. So the comparisons kinda moot as it has no relevance.

Unfortuanatlly I think I have to agree with you Ti0n3r... BIS's reasons behind their decision to cut really their only next-gen features (DD and real world physics) seem to be very suspect. Granted the DD is more reasonable to have cut then walking on vehicles. Everything else in ArmA2 is kinda old and been done before, thus not next-gen... I hate to say it, but ArmA2 is going to sell like a lead ballon unless theres something else amazing to it.

Ive always had faith in BIS... but I think Codemasters might have been on to something.

People seem to do a lot of guessing... why don't we wait and see how ArmA2 turns out to be? Making wild guesses here about BIS/number of people working/Codemasters/pickwhateversubject won't make the game turn out any better I think.

I'm actually more interested to see how ArmA2 turns out to be on a console, not on PC. If ArmA2 works badly on PC then I will not be surprised at all, but if it doesn't work on console then it's bad... then we could say BIS have serious problems. On PC platform problems come automatically.

Anyway, I have a positive mind and I refuse to shoot a duck down until I know for sure it is a duck.

i agree with you here, thats why i ask question instead of creating my own answer

these are presentations from INVEX ...

and actually J.H. explains there a lot why this and that was 'removed' ...

for now you can fire from vehicles if you got weapon (e.g. from helicopter or open truck, van w/e) ...

movement on vehicles is gone as mainly because of AI but i'm quite sure it may cause issues with MP on large scale ...

noone yet done real dynamic destruction with correct AI pathing and MP sync so demanding it is unrealistic (atm i saw only something 'close' as technology demo for that Israel AI calculation card and that was not realtime MP sync just SP AI)

visual way whole effects system gets very nice 'overhaul' including whined 'HDR' / lights ...

trees got realistic sizes (not minime like ArmA) and so on

wait some months and be sure it looks even better

I guess the first part of that clip shows someone walking out off the heli themself, now think about this in arma with massive desync and more realistic swimming system wink_o.gif

I do curtainly not miss this item, offcourse it would have been awesome for ships and big transport choppers, but in both not necesarry. You can still jump out of the choppers and with a bit of scripting even with a car/bike. So why is this feature needed? To have something to do during long trips? I would love to know smile_o.gif

He is just showing a vid of someone having the ability to move around any vehicle, JO didnt have much desync if i remember correctly and even if moving around a chopper is a bit unrealistic due to the nature of flight things like moving freely on ships was a big bonus and added a extra depth to the game (imagine attacking a port whilst on board a ship and using some item on the ship as cover instead of being a sitting target) it would open up the use of certain vehicles especially sea bearing vehicles and transport planes/choppers.

Yes, it is rather absurd/useless in a helicopter like that, but think about large transport plane. In JO you got up out of your seat and ran yourself out the back to jump. So cool. biggrin_o.gif Again, not necissary, a but cool touch - and it'd make transporting cargo posible without the kind of workarounds RKSL is working on (good on them! smile_o.gif ).