Sign in to follow this  
vojtzech

ArmA2 interview from Games Convencion

A while back Czech magazine Level released interview from Games Convecion about Arma2. While Maruk is talking, you can watch ingame fotage.

I (Vojtzech) made subtitles.

Link to the vid:

http://www.armaholic.eu/VojtzechGamer724/Arma2.avi

Link to the subtitles:

http://www.armaholic.eu/VojtzechGamer724/Arma2.srt

Thx to Level magazine for the video.

Read more on www.Armaholic.com

Nice, thanks for that. When was this footage taken? The game doesn't seem too different from ArmA at this stage. Nice to properly see the player character reloading whilst on the move.

The video is captured from Games Convencion Leipzig at aughust.

And I think that they now have more progress. wink_o.gif

Lovely video! Good to get some more solid info on where they then thought of themselves as being in the development process (terrain virtually done, campaign had lots left since AI wasn't finished (enough)).

Also really nice to see reloading while moving. It brings a lot to bounding overwatch tactics where you often want to reload while moving and shoot while stationary to keep up the suppressive fire.

I really, really like the environments shown (first good footage of urban areas I've seen), and really nice to see the Cobra sights in the game.

Thumbs up!

Thanks for creating the sub-titles, very interesting to watch. Assuming BI can afford to really polish the game before release, ArmA2 looks like it is going to be quite an improvement over ArmA smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Of course that we're using things like penetrable materials. So that you can penetrate this container like nothing.

I am intrigued. Hopefully this means that a 50 cal. mg can fire through barriers and walls.

Quote[/b] ]Of course that we're using things like penetrable materials. So that you can penetrate this container like nothing.

I am intrigued. Hopefully this means that a 50 cal. mg can fire through barriers and walls.

Ohhh, that'll be lovely. M240s and PKMs mowing down troops through trees and double brick walls, and .50s blowing through concrete walls and stuffz!

i think i saw new tracer effect in that vid.. probably VBS2 tracers... but it only effect vehicles MG... not soldiers... anyway nice to get rid of that OFP thin laser tracer xmas_o.gif

Notice the Whole city was drawn but the Stryker at 08.50 was not confused_o.gif Hope they optimise the hell out of it so we dont see anymore of that.

i think i saw new tracer effect in that vid.. probably VBS2 tracers... but it only effect vehicles MG... not soldiers... anyway nice to get rid of that OFP thin laser tracer xmas_o.gif

In an interview a while ago it was stated that they will have realistic tracers like VBS2.

And I'm sure infantry will get them too, would be dumb if they didn't. None of those videos give you a good view of an infantry MG firing where you would be able to see tracers, at least not that I've seen.