Sign in to follow this  
Nutty_101

I see you!

Personally i would like to see some sort of system that gives you a unique cd key that registers to a central server which also takes your ip address. The only problem i can foresee is people with ip changing each time they connect.

IP adress has no use. Same for MAC.

Strong online account protection (based on the cd-key) is the way

commonly used these days (AFAIK).

always funny what people turn things into ... right nutty ? smile_o.gif

anyway wipman if You freedom of speech is on some server limited, it's right of the admin/owner to do so ...

you are free to disconnect and join elsewhere or just run your own freedom of speech server whistle.gif

Laugh! True true. My head hurts. this not having a day off in over 2 months is killing me. 6am until 9pm daily just sucks since i'm writing all new software for the network and phone system were putting in place. must sleeeeeep. laugh.

Personally i would like to see some sort of system that gives you a unique cd key that registers to a central server which also takes your ip address. The only problem i can foresee is people with ip changing each time they connect.

The IP is handy for the fact you just ban the entire class c or b if needed. That would stop the getting a new dhcp ip. If not they will just get caught again anyway.

The IP is handy for the fact you just ban the entire class c or b if needed. That would stop the getting a new dhcp ip. If not they will just get caught again anyway.

You also ban nice people using the same ISP as the cheater too though sad_o.gif

You also ban nice people using the same ISP as the cheater too though sad_o.gif

True True. Though really how many people play arma that would be in the same area? I guess over seas it might be more an issue. here my ranges are specific to my city. So who knows.

i know atleast 4 ppl that play arma in my town, and i live in a 200k ppl city in finland...

Finnish people doesnt cheat... We use pistols.gif behind sauna if we catch cheaters here.... wink_o.gif

Was gonna say if you find out you live near a cheater who got your ip banned you could easily give them a dig or 2 biggrin_o.gif

Heh. Honestly it is up to the server admin in the end what groups they ban. Just cause one bans that ip range does not mean another does. Who knows..

Also anyone tested this? Got a few people giving some feedback but not what i was expecting.

Hello last time i tested your arma sniffer it was loging up to 15gb a day and using max a full core on my q6600 XR Server. does it still log upto 15gb a day. im current using another sniffer that logs around 4gb aday but can be a pain because soon as it hits 4gb it stops

Quote[/b] ]You also ban nice people using the same ISP as the cheater too though sad_o.gif

On XR server i run around over 50 ip bans and ofcourse some innocent people get banned but its worth it to stop cheating scum geting on server and ruining everyone elses game who can actully play on server. and my server has no problem filling up with players 30 to 64.

But sadly i still get the odd cheater now and again but i regularlly check logs to see what cheaters i can find and ip ban them. Gave up baning offender's Ids sence they have no problem changing ids and bypassing the ban

It does that if you enable the raw dumps. Have to disable that function to help out much. I have not really touched any of this of late due to lack of interest to be honest. I don't think the idea was well taken anyway so i pretty much dropped the whole thing.

I think the idea is worthwhile, but most server owners arent programmers and give up easyly is someting doesnt work for the first time

I havent tested the prog myself fully, but if it would be a single simple prog that does the job it would get widely accepted I guess.

It does that if you enable the raw dumps. Have to disable that function to help out much. I have not really touched any of this of late due to lack of interest to be honest. I don't think the idea was well taken anyway so i pretty much dropped the whole thing.

Some server owners are using it, so it's worth it IMO. It's good to have a way to catch these idiots.

Going to have a go with this as my server has been under attack recently.

I think the main turn off is it can be quite complex, but I'll give it a go!  Did playerclass plugin ever get to a release version?

Won't launch sad_o.gif Says "Unable to load config files. Please check them".  They are two xml files in the config dir.  It loads if I delete them, strangely.  Fixed it: Had to delete the default configs dir and just have the 2 xmls in that config dir.

Update: All worked great. Was copying out IPs, publicvariables and chat to the logfile wonderfully. But it used way too much CPU power so much so that I had to disable it.

Going to have a go with this as my server has been under attack recently.

I think the main turn off is it can be quite complex, but I'll give it a go! Did playerclass plugin ever get to a release version?

Won't launch sad_o.gif Says "Unable to load config files. Please check them". They are two xml files in the config dir. It loads if I delete them, strangely. Fixed it: Had to delete the default configs dir and just have the 2 xmls in that config dir.

Update: All worked great. Was copying out IPs, publicvariables and chat to the logfile wonderfully. But it used way too much CPU power so much so that I had to disable it.

Disable the dump. thats what eats the cpu time.

Disable packet dump

Add that to your config file so that it will not dump the packets out. It also really never made to beta. Kinda did but i was trying to get feedback if the idea would work. Just didnt seem to be something that was needed. I could prolly clean it up if people want it. Just don't know if it is worth it.

I think it was disabled. But i could double check.

I would say the main reason for lack of feedback is that you have to sit down and do quite a bit of reading before you can get it up and running. I'm a comp sci grad so it was fairly easy for me, but for those without a general idea of how programs work, they'll probably get lost without a simple .zip file containing all they need and being ready to go with an options gui.

I don't think any server admin would turn down the ability to log all chat like it does, link everything to an IP like it does, and be able to monitor all the publicvariables that I got it doing with very little setup. But it needs to be a bit more "black box"ish for widespread use.

True true. Ill wait to see how this next patch does and if there are issues still i will clean it up for use.