Sign in to follow this  
Big-Rooney

Modern Combat Mod - SLX Released

Hey guys,

I got the extra pack to work so now my soldiers are edited.

Heres some instuctions -

1) Download MCM Full, Patch, and Extra Pack.

2) Install MCM Full, when it is done extract the patch.

3) When the patch is "extracted" cut it to your Operation Flashpoint directory and paste it over the original @MCM-SLX.

4) Once the original @MCM-SLX is replaced, cut the extra pack and paste it in the "@MCM-SLX" directory.

5) Now extract the extra pack and when that is done run the "install" file.

6) Choose your accesories it asks you to pick and once it is done you are ready to play the Modern Combat Mod!

---

It is a very good mod just to let you all know.

Sorry to hear that Big Rooney hope everything works out. I just think that the resistance should have T-72S as their best main battle tank(it could be captured wink_o.gif).

Also maybe you might want to seek to implement UAV's for resistance and for west as well. I know FDF mod has a ranger uav so res could use it.

Also ACU uniform isnt fully ACU (bags etc... are in woodland colours).

Also how about implementing MARPAT (desert and woodland) ?

Btw any plans for M3A3 and M2A3 (just make a clone of it) and upgrade their electronics etc.... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M2/M3_Bradley_Fighting_Vehicle#M2A3.2FM3A3)

Just wondering - is the fact that all the marines have Oakleys a bug or intentional ?

Just wondering,

S. Chapman

Hey Big-Rooney,

Is there any chance you can post a weapon and ammo classnames so I can customize my troops in a missions?

- EDIT - Could you change the outdated M16A2 Aimpoint to the M16A4 Acog?

Thanks!

uhhh big rooney. i couldnt upload pictures of current marine gear for you cuz of current internt problems in my barracks. sorry

Here's some things i can kind of "walk you through" tho....

the machine gunners..where large sustainment pouches either  in the front of on their sides. usually ab out 2-3 times as big as a regular 5.56mm pouch.

Most of the pouches and carriers the marines utilize are coyote brown in color. the small things like radio pouches dump pouches and miscellanous gear comes in woodland. they are a lot of inconsistenies in marine corps combat loadouts. some marines have the gear in coyote brown some have it in woodland....no two marines look exactly alike nowadays...so more variation between models is a good idea

another thing. googles...alot of marines wear dust covers over their googles. anythnig from green to black, to brown so add those in on some models as well

we all know the USA patch has to come off the shoulders...

i saw you started to do the rextextruing on the issued hydration packs for the marines. love to see that get finished.

the marines in my unit and the ones i've worked with dont use aimpoint sights. ACOGs all the way i've only seen two marines with eotechs as any other sight.....

those buttbacks are wrong. the skinner, wider version were more true to life. also most marines dont even really where them anymore.

pistol leg hostles are usually coyote brown...

1qt canteen....coyote brown and those that chose to wear them(alot dont) would attach them to the side of their vests..

keep in mind when marines  mount the gear they do so as to ease of movement...most rifleman mags pouches will be mounted high on the chest. this mid level and usually right handed shooter will have all their mags pouches mounted left side and left handed shootes the oppsite. radio, gernades,  first aid kit. all those extras are mounted on the shooting hands side.

this is true for just about every body excluding machine gunner which have those 2 to 3 large pouches who have them mounted low closer the waist on the front of their body, sometimes to the side.

uhh your navy corpmen would most likely be using a m4. with an eotech. and his day back would be digi green. no digi desert assult pack has been made or issued.

your engineer would be using an m16a4 with acog

thats all i can really think of....i know it sounds like alot, but it really isnt. you been doing a great job with this mod and you have alot of potential to pick up where others left

biggrin_o.gif

and on the last note who ever said the w variant of the cobra over the z is wrong....the w dont exsist in this man's corps no more and those aim9's are there as a defensive weapon so i dont see whty you wouldnt want them in there..and the z has improved stability and control...

and universal marpat is already implemented in the mode, but if you're talking about that on a resistence model. try cadpart...might be more youre looking for....

ok, im done now. thanks

This marine issue comes up with every mod.  One most of not all the marine addons are really really buggy.   And in massive packs when actually released.    All the marine humvess have a geo lod bug that makes them shake violently when sitting.  So they are unusable, this also causes them to bury the body halfway itno the ground in most MP missions.   The LAv pack also had same problems,  the CH53 pack was laggy to all hell..   Pretty much of the release marine addons were more eye candy than use able.

Nothing says you can't add them to a mod folder on your own to use them I pulled my hair out on a few missions with my clan cause of thier issues.  The addon maker refuses to support his own addons nore can you exspect Big Rooney to spend time fixing isssues to make them compatable.   He's already doing the one legged man in a asskicking contest thing.

i didnt know this mod was made to be multiplayer combatiable...

oh, and another thing. im not 100% but i dont think the order for CROWS to the marine coprs ever went thru. so your best bet is to save the CROWS variants for the army. i know they have like 300 of them or so...

CROWs systems seem to never have really gotten fielded, the weird counter sniper system did, the M1114A1 ended up getting an armor update with frag 5 kits. But the suspenssion on the M1114 couldn't handle the added weight. Got so bad that ever mission we roll out a wheel break off at least one vehicle, or spring shatter. MRAPs are replacing most of the humvees, they made better gunners turrerts with clear armor way better visablity and added power assist to the turrets. The humvees not replaced by Mraps were replaced with the lighter M1151A1s, which are in use by most of the manuver units in our battle space now.

The Marine addons were not made by Big Rooney so kinda asking him to correct somebody else stuff is a lot of work.. Even touching a pouch could create even more bugs and issues cause just how OFP is with addons. Ir get Rooney stuck waiting months on end fer permission to alter and release said andons.

Hi All,

Whats up everybody, I've been away for a few a days (How I missed OFP and all of you). But I'm back and straight into the frying pan as they would say, I've been working on the US Soldiers alot and got some time to add some extra units as well.

The main stuff I've been working is Blackhawks, the fact that they were not black and didn't have gatling guns really concerned me. So I hit O2 with the Ballistic Addon Studios MH-60 Pack and came up with this:

This is the UH-60L (FFAR) with fuel pods (Edited):

uh-60l.jpg

This is the UH-60L (MG) without fuel pods (Original):

uh-60lmg.jpg

Here is the newly added AH-6 Littlebird (Original):

ah-6.jpg

And the MH-6 Transport variant (Original):

mh-6.jpg

@CaptainCrunk

Some pics would be nice, but the info you provided will help alot, If could further assist with the USMC it would be great. Welcome aboard. About the coyote brown textures - I can't really get the texturing right, if you can get it done please provide assistance.

The M16A2 will be phased out by the USMC very soon so I'm gonna go a step further and remove them from service in-game. The weapon will remain in game but soldiers will not use it.

Quote[/b] ]Is there any chance you can post a weapon and ammo classnames so I can customize my troops in a missions?

Sure, It'll take some time to find them all.

Quote[/b] ]Just wondering - is the fact that all the marines have Oakleys a bug or intentional ?

Please elaborate!

Quote[/b] ]VIT AH1W has AH-1Z variant or USMC AH1W which has better config for attacks.

The AH-1W is used because I've soom errors with the sidewinders on the AH-1Z.

Quote[/b] ]Sorry to hear that Big Rooney hope everything works out. I just think that the resistance should have T-72S as their best main battle tank(it could be captured wink_o.gif).

Also maybe you might want to seek to implement UAV's for resistance and for west as well. I know FDF mod has a ranger uav so res could use it.

Also ACU uniform isnt fully ACU (bags etc... are in woodland colours).

Also how about implementing MARPAT (desert and woodland) ?

Btw any plans for M3A3 and M2A3 (just make a clone of it) and upgrade their electronics etc....

+ I'll try it out just to see how it looks.

+ UAV's. Don't know about that.

+ The ACU is 100%, No Woodland Remains.

+ Marines are already equipped with what is available.

+ Will look into it.

Quote[/b] ]SEF CH53 pack is great and ready to go.

Currently being working into the mod, let ya know how it works out.

Quote[/b] ]USMC AV8B harrier, not fully realistic, but ready to go.

Not really looked at it yet, Focusing mainly on Army so will be looked into.

Quote[/b] ]3 good choices...FK HMMWV, PSY-MCAR HMMWV or SEF HMMWV (also has several "CROWS" variants)

Can't really get the TOW's HMMWV's to work, I'd like them to work without using the MCAR scripts.

Quote[/b] ]just an suggestion.., how about adding blood-fx like the one on the ofpec_blood addon..?

Will be done if framerates will allow.

Quote[/b] ]what about some explosion for the fueltruck/-station or some shock waves on the ground?? (for real(ism)

Copy That. Framerates will be hit when the truck explodes though.

Quote[/b] ]Rooney - have you thought of replacing the resistance truck from the Czech made V3S to the more popular/widespread Zil series (I think there is a Zil-130 & 131 pack out there).

Indeed I have, Will implement them not replacing the V3S, for overall compatibility with missions/addons.

Work Will continue on the Mod, with new additions and extra scripts and effects. It will be time consuming but I will try to keep my reports tidy and frequent as much as possible.

Thanks every for the comments and suggestions - They really help.

All the best, Big-Rooney ;]

Just wondering - is the fact that all the marines have Oakleys a bug or intentional ?

Please elaborate!

- I have a whole marine squad with Oaks on - I know a few army soldiers have them - but the whole Marine squad ? Didn't think the USMC dished out for $100 shades to look cool in combat huh.gif? I thought it might've been a random script - but all 10-12 guys in my marine basic squad have them on during daylight hours.

Chapman

Well, most FOBs end up with markets and bazars, that sell cheap fake big name glasses for 5 to 20 bucks a pop, some units supply troops protectiv glasses like Willey X, Gargoyals, becuase of the balistic eye proection, Most units its an order to wear eye protecting before leaving the wire. So yeah the glasses are correct for troops down range these days. Even more so your victor hits and IED they might be the differance of loosing your eye sight or just getting messed up.

Well, most FOBs end up with markets and bazars, that sell cheap fake big name glasses for 5 to 20 bucks a pop, some units supply troops protectiv glasses like Willey X, Gargoyals, becuase of the balistic eye proection,  Most units its an order to wear eye protecting before leaving the wire.  So yeah the glasses are correct for troops down range these days.  Even more so your victor hits and IED they might be the differance of loosing your eye sight or just getting messed up.

some marine grunt units in Iraq were actually issued some special made and ordered oakleys before going to iraq. so....yea...

bobcatt i see you were a member of the usmc gwc mod. you think you can get your hands on that old ch46 model?

just trying to further piss you off(i feel like universal)

can we update the AAV? i know there is a supposedly "unfinished" update AAV floating around here

and the smaw is still used by the marines, but more than likely its the AT4. the smaw is exepensive to use and the marine corps being cheap prefers the AT4 most of the time...

and what about the v-22. some simple exterior retexturing and we shoould be good. who really cares about functionatilly?

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3861/earlyep4.png

ignore the flowers, but look at how his gear is positioned. all mags are on his non-shooting hand side. note the gear and its positions. this was early in the war. circa 04 im guessin

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/2712/tanakam402sk8.jpg

scout/snipers in MOPP gear. take not the lbv...

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9753/drawfireyr9.jpg

some more grunts. note the marine on the left and his ammo mags placement. the marine on the right note his sustainment and dump pouches....

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2/soldiercagebe0.jpg

this is from waaay back in the beginning of the war, but notice the saw pouches and their placement

well thats all i got for right now..also take a look at the marines kevlar, googles with dust covers, nvg mounts and knee pads.etc....

also notice how almost no marines share the same gear configurations

more to follow.

semper fi

This is just a simple thing I think but if anyone can and dirty up the ACU and MarPat it would be great. I have never seen such a good mod but with a side affect because of the camouflage. Especially the ACU because if you get one spec of dirt it will change and it does not look good all clean on the battlefield.

world_full_of_oakleys.jpg

Ok I understand the importance of sunglasses -but does anyone have this issue huh.gif (only on Marine squads - army it varies)

-Chapman

Hi all,

Hope you like the screens, progress on the marines is slow because there are so few addons for the marines. I'm working on adding some extra stuff to the marines and removing some stuff as well.

As the game Operation Flashpoint focuses on U.S. Army against Russian Army thats what I'm mainly focusing on myself, but anyone can provide links or authors of the following addons that would be great:

+ An Updated AAV-7 APC.

+ CH-46 Transport Helicopter.

+ Some Other Needed Marines Gear.

Quote[/b] ]bobcatt i see you were a member of the usmc gwc mod. you think you can get your hands on that old ch46 model?

Yeah bobcatt, Do you have access to any of the USMC Mod units.

Quote[/b] ]can we update the AAV? i know there is a supposedly "unfinished" update AAV floating around here

If you can find it, I'll look into it.

Quote[/b] ]

smaw is still used by the marines, but more than likely its the AT4.

Roger that. I'll use the AT4 instead.

Quote[/b] ]and what about the v-22.

Universal just suggested the same thing, Looking into it.

Quote[/b] ]also notice how almost no marines share the same gear configurations

Noticed, It'll be hard to duplicate the images exactly but will look into it.

Quote[/b] ]This is just a simple thing I think but if anyone can and dirty up the ACU and MarPat it would be great.

I myself want that done, But unfortunately I'm not a texturer so I can't do it. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Quote[/b] ]Ok I understand the importance of sunglasses -but does anyone have this issue huh.gif (only on Marine squads - army it varies)

Thanks for spotting, It will be corrected.

As stated above the marines are a hard thing to do, but the army is pretty simple, Not to forget the Russians - they are still be worked with too, but at the moment I'm focusing on the U.S. Forces.

Thanks All, Big-Rooney

+ CH-46 Transport Helicopter.

There is a CH-46 in the Jungle Fever-Mod. Problem is, it needs to be retextured, so it fits your timeframe.

Big Rooney,

Are you going to keep the close-up third person view or the original view in the near future? any way I can view third person in original mode than in the new one?

thanks

Big Rooney,

Are you going to keep the close-up third person view or the original view in the near future? any way I can view third person in original mode than in the new one?

thanks

CLICK ME

Just overwrite your config in the @MCM-SLX - Bin folder.

I changed the third person view because the close up one wasn't great at all.

The config is with the ACU Army Soldiers.

Hi Big Rooney,

Small question about res small arms.

I would like to see considered for resistance is chinese type 56 (ak-47's) and basically widely proliferated chinese weaponry and clones of russian weaponry like the type 56 (ak-47) , type 69 (rpg-7) , svd (type79/85), type 81 assault rifle , type 54 (tokarev t-33) , type 54 (dshkm) etc.... What I would love to see is norinco CQ rifles (http://www.sinodefence.com/army/small_arms/cqrifle.asp) in the hands of the resistance (both m4a1 and m16a1 copy).

I think though national guardsmen and army units deployed in USA should use the m16a2 (as infact they do).

In modern warfare , UAV's are an essential concept (they werent in the 80's). AAV's (rothy was working on one , and others but they werent released).

Also the FDF bmd-2p is the proper bmd-2 but why not include both bmd-2 and bmd-2 without missile. Also lost brothers bmp-1 with sagger missile visible is perfect for resistance although there is no versions of it without sideskirts.

Also thunderbird stated that for campaigns if you disable slx ai manouvers it should fix and enhance campaign compatiblity not sure but check with him on that. Basically what is essential is compatibility with campaigns (such as redhammer , resistance , cwc etc....)

Quote[/b] ]+ Disabled a large part of AI maneuvers = [Missions are more stable + Less framerate Hit] (Special thanks to Solus).

Quote[/b] ]Also thunderbird stated that for campaigns if you disable slx ai manouvers it should fix and enhance campaign compatiblity not sure but check with him on that. Basically what is essential is compatibility with campaigns (such as redhammer , resistance , cwc etc....)

Just got word from Tbird about this issue. He has told me how to edit the scripts so that some maneuvers will be disabled. I'm gonna start working on it when I get home.