Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

A little Poll to make sure of people's choices

OFP2 is going to cover China/USA conflict so I choose USA/Iraq '03.

Coalition forces ey? So will France be involved and then pull out? And the british, will they pull out of basrah in 3 years game time?

Anyhow, Godspeed.

I do wish to see Polish GROM though. With your special model revamp of course wink_o.gif

Anyhow more so. I can't comprehend how some people don't like the U.S. being the main people. Coalition '03? So that means 1 or two foreign soldiers? We got so many troops over there compared to all the other countries, I just don't see how you could accurately portray coalition troops.

Then again I might be talking out of my ass.

TB: Will we be seeing a 6 color desert BDU uniform considering it's '03 if Coalition Forces/Iraq wins out?

Maybe Iraq and the US fighting Iran and terrorists.

I wouldn't mind a special appearance from some Iraqi SF.

Do not worry about that since the planning of the 3 favorite packs have already been established, although being still basic, they overall show the key 'Features and Changes' that would be available in every pack.

And, thank you all for your participation in this poll, it shows pretty well what people are interested in, to be honest, I'm not surprised of some choices, though.

However, don't expect a massive'n huge release since I will make sure to focus as much as attention as possible on every 'theme'.

You can also expect some new features and a slightly revised search feature in terms of scripting in the near future.

(Ability to carry out 'earthworks' before Ambushes...)

Regarding some of your 'theme' suggestions, they sound really interesting but I have to make some decisions by taking into consideration people's main choices, and if I’m slightly partial to the project as well. :]

Regards,

TB

Whatever it will be,I have no doubt that TB will do an awesome job as always.

I don't understand how Iraqi forces can possibly be operating in Europe (Nogova, Malden etc)?

Whatever you decide TB, I'm sure it'll be sweet!

The maps would probably be switched for desert reskins of them. Ala FFUR '85 Desert (A really old FFUR)

One that hasn't yet been mentioned is ...

Russian - China Conflict.

This is a very real possibility, as much as any other. There is plenty of historical conflict in evidence prior to modern times.

One thing that NEEDS to be changed though... the Bitmaps for tReE's... must be upgraded.

I find the 'Hi-Res' trees that add 'more branches' to actually look WORSE than OFP's 'Low-Res' tree bitmaps.

It would be a great boon to see all tree types allowed in any one setting for an Island. So, that when you play Everon, you don't ONLY see the Everon style trees. However, I do not know if this is possible without so much conflict in the Mods to do so.

BTW, FFUR 2007 2.0+ is incompatible with MP gameplay in CTI games. Both MFCTI and crCTI. Bummer.

Would be GREAT if any future Mod focused on MP gameplay as its 'core' mission, instead of strictly SP gameplay for the loner gamer. Why do we even buy an MP game if all everyone's designing for is Solo gameplay?

Anyways, have enjoyed the creative creations none-the-less.

biggrin_o.gif

Wook [iDGN]

Revising my comment on Tree Bitmaps.

I think the 'Low Res' bitmaps need to be revised.

The 'High Res' Trees although adding tons more Polygons to the overall 'game environment' are less than well done compared to the 'Low Res' ones already in stock OFP.

Basically if the 'Low Res' tree foliage was re-done to improve the look a bit, they'd more than make up for what was attempted by the high-polly 'High Res' trees.

Trees however need an 'AI vision blockage' added to them in the upper foliage to stop the insane 'can't see you but can shoot you' behavior that the AI does unerringly.

In stock OFP islands, more 'rocks' and random debris needs to pockmark the islands to give soldiers some place to run to cover. This includes more 'random junk' in some forests as they're made as if someone drives through with a bulldozer creating clear lanes everywhere throughout the whole island. Not that this needs to be 'over done' of course. Just, would like to see some extra boulders, rocks, brickpiles, woodpiles, trashbins [in towns], fallen trees, stumps, etc strewn throughout these prestinely kept islands.

Martha Stewart's Everon is not the kind of island I'm used to visiting on manuevers.

crazy_o.gif

Wook [iDGN]

I'm hoping the old packs still ratin a lot of features they had that make them differnt, the Desert and 85 one east and west had different animations. Which makes sence seeing Russian and Us have reather different training doctrains. tht a loved the exploding aircraft and vehicle code. Was rather upset that had to be removed. More than a FEW time playing a mission and hoppe dout the humvee to get nailed by a tank and seint flying in the sky with burning parts.

Quote[/b] ]One that hasn't yet been mentioned is ...

Russian -  China   Conflict. (By Wook @ Oct. 31 2007,21:46 )

I was thinking off the same thing

It`s not an option you can vote for, but I think that a China vs US/Russia scenario would be nice.

I don´t know if any off you guys read "The Bear and the Dragon" by Ton Clancy or "Protect and Defend" by Eric L. Harry? Both books are about China  invading Siberia to gain control over raw materials. As a response the US (+coalition? i´m not sure) send in an expeditionary force to aid the Russians.

I think it would be nice change to fight side by side with the Russians.

If Chinese were the East side and Russia would be the resistance side you could play such a scenario. They could even team up against the US if you would prefer that.

goodnight.gif

Quote[/b] ]Would be GREAT if any future Mod focused on MP gameplay as its 'core' mission, instead of strictly SP gameplay for the loner gamer. Why do we even buy an MP game if all everyone's designing for is Solo gameplay?

Sure,

But it is not as simple as it might seem, since the core scripts that are used by the MOD are behind most of troubles, they sometimes need just some adjustements, but in some cases, you have to take them out to make the mod working correctly.

I will try to make 2 Group of configs for the upcoming project, with the hope that the MOD would work online.

Quote[/b] ]The 'High Res' Trees although adding tons more Polygons to the overall 'game environment' are less than well done compared to the 'Low Res' ones already in stock OFP.

Basically if the 'Low Res' tree foliage was re-done to improve the look a bit, they'd more than make up for what was attempted by the high-polly 'High Res' trees.

Trees however need an 'AI vision blockage' added to them in the upper foliage to stop the insane 'can't see you but can shoot you' behavior that the AI does unerringly.

I always wanted to edit the original islands in order to add more grass, fix the trees, figure out 'objects' issues, but never got the chance to learn more about islands tools, if time would allow it, I will see what I can do in this regads.

Thank you for your interest.

Regards,

TB

I would like to see a more in-depth Iraqi/Coalition battles/scenarios.

Maps like An Najaf, Arabia & IMUC would be ideal - but a Fallujah map would be amazing.

Cheers,