Sign in to follow this  
dave317

Why aren't TKers getting banned?

As above, i have come out of a server because of some idiot called 'Wicky'. His idea of fun is to sit at base and kill anyone who respawns, why do these people get away with it? How can you stop them?

This people can change their ID's so the best to do is well admined server and ban their IP range. If that doesnt enought then play only in passworded server.

Its getting beyond a joke now though. A great game like this is totally spoilt by idiots.

We can only hope BIS are getting some kind of grip on ID changers for 1.09

why wait for 1.09

bis released a new server exe that has some kind of built in handling for illegal ID's

quite what it is i don't know

Quote[/b] ]5164  - Fixed: Handling of invalid CD keys on dedicated servers improved

TK systems are also another route but for some reason the one in Evo diddnt seem to get rid of nekokenny or whatever his name was.

I cant seem to imagine why "RING RING RING RING BANANA PHONE" repeasted 30 times doesnt scare off even the most hardened TKers  crazy_o.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

I cant seem to imagine why "RING RING RING RING BANANA PHONE" repeasted 30 times doesnt scare off even the most hardened TKers crazy_o.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

It is because these are the people who download this kind of song for their mobile ring tone anyway.

Have you seen Weskers evolution no jail video?

Several reasons:

1. as said already they can get around the Evo negative score room.

2. They can easily multiply their score to something ridiculous and it would take hundreds of TKs for them to get into negative.

3. Generally the team killing they do isn't counted as team killing. As far as the game is concerned you got killed by a generated LGB.

4. Its usually impossible to detect who is doing the team killing/scripting.

5. They can lockout the admin's keyboard.

6. They can kick the admin from his own server.

7. They can give themselves admin powers.

8. When admins are not present, and if the problem child was identified, ArmA players are generally too much of noobs to allow for a successful vote kick.

9. They can easily generate a new key if they were banned, and there are probably ways around an IP ban.

10. If they do get banned they, just move on to another server and tell their griefer buddies to go mess with the server that banned them.

The moral of the story is, they aren't getting banned because there isn't a damn thing anyone can do about it.

How many vote kick's does it take to get rid of them?

I'm not sure, I've only seen it work one time. I do know that the percentage is too high because you have people that either don't or cannot read the chat (language barrier?) to figure out what is going on, and then you have people that don't know the command.

(By the way the vote command is done by bringing up the chat box and typing: #vote kick xxxx

xxxx being the player name or player ID # which you can find by hitting the P button.)

... xxxx being the player name or player ID # which you can find by hitting the P button.

Afaik it's not the ID. It's the PlayerNr on the Dedicated Server.

Hi all

Several incorrect or wooly statments that need correction

4. Its usually impossible to detect who is doing the team killing/scripting.

Easily done by any server owner admin using a packet snifer see my post this link

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=68559

5. They can lockout the admin's keyboard.

Against the law as pointed out in this post

6. They can kick the admin from his own server.

Against the law as pointed out in this post

7. They can give themselves admin powers.

Maybe against the law if they did this in a way not authorised by the server owner admin see my post in this thread

10. If they do get banned they, just move on to another server and tell their griefer buddies to go mess with the server that banned them.

Also called conspiracy to commit a crime if the person is using unathorised software to adversly affect the running of the server without the authorisation of the server owner admin. Tell the police about any organisation you know of that does this see my post in this thread

The moral of the story is, they aren't getting banned because there isn't a damn thing anyone can do about it.
Totaly and uterly untrue!

You can do something and the police are investigating them.

Quote[/b] ]- server crashing (by script, flooding, buffer overflows or w/e fits)

- disruption of network traffic flow (flooding / denial of service (DoS))

- preventing any administration operations (kicking or blocking regular admins or owners from work)

- disruption of default game-server service (game breaking operations)

- anything similar as above

Are all crimes no if buts or maybes they are.

It is a simple matter of server admins gathering the evidense with a packet sniffer and passing it on to the police as others have done and as described in my post in this thread.

It is notable that the one thing that has cutailed the griefers and realy scares them is the activities of that thread.

You stop crimes by reporting them.

Kind Regards walker

Oh boy here we go again, who are you kidding Walker? How many servers are using whatever packet sniffer you are talking about? Obviously not the populated ones that are getting attacked every day or we would see action. I played at 3 servers in a row yesterday that were heckled by TKers.

The original poster asked why the TKers aren't being banned, not whether or not what they are doing is legal.

Getting the law involved sounds a bit drastic, it is only a game afterall. I just wish these idiots would grow up and let others have some fun. I thought there was a global ban list or something that would ban them forever.

This people can change their ID's so the best to do is well admined server and ban their IP range. If that doesnt enought then play only in passworded server.

How would i get onto a passworded server?

There is nothing to stop them in place...

However, what they do not like is if players ignore their doings.

Has happened several times I've been th'ed by someone a couple times in a row at spawn.

I simply leave it at that and do nothing, say nothing or do not even move. Many times the tk'er would come up to my "soldier" and try to initiate some sort of reaction by walking around me and what not.

He won't get it since I am making coffee, watching tv or surf the net while he work on a "soldier" without a human behind.

Pretty soon it will be boring.

Unfortune is, as soon as someone try to spoil the game most players make a lot of noise and all. The one spoiling the game just love it.

Call the police for being killed?

...get real...

Yeah that is true Mehmehmeh, I've done the same thing before when I knew they were griefing the server, just went afk for a bit. It depends who you get though, some guys like to come on and lock you out immediately and basically causing everyone to alt f4. Those are the guys I don't understand at all.

Usually though, its the guys that start small and build up. They will do something stupid like drive around the airport honking the horn for a few minutes, then they will drop a few LGBs and take out the distant buildings. Then they start taking out empty vehicles etc. Next thing you know, they are scatter bombing the spawn hanger and there are giant towers reaching into the stratosphere.