Sign in to follow this  
cbfasi

CBF Shipbuilding

Quote[/b] ]The inferance and past tense is rather insulting

Not insulting, he does not have the worth for that. Zardoff was just being pretentious. We will never see anything for him. Screen shots or otherwise smile_o.gif

Nice ship!

Im missing certain object in the picture that is going to be absolutly fcking great with this addon.

After some investigation Ive also concluded that this is one out of 4 Iowa class battleships. I think its the USS New Jersey. wink_o.gif

Anyway now ive got some questions biggrin_o.gif

A. Cruisemissiles?

B. CWIS AA weapons?

C. RKSL radar and Early Warning high speed kit?

D. Possiblity to fire a broadside shot with all guns?

E. Working ankor?

F. Will you marry me?

The big cannons are great for arma because most of the maps are islands.

For anyone who is wondering....

CBF Shipbuilding are working alongside RKSL Studios...

Oh... really?..

Well, in this case... What a pity. It did look like a very promising project confused_o.gif

Your repeated and constant snide digs at certain contributors to the ArmA modding community are not appreciated, I don't know what little bee you have under your bonnet but they stop here and now.

Any future negative comments will be dealt with as if they are grave sins, that's right you've now lost the right to even hide behind "but it was only constructive criticism", if you cannot be positive/supportive about an addon/mod you cannot post in their thread.

"certain contributors to the ArmA modding community"  rofl.gif

My God, Placebo, now I know u have been away for too long!

These guys are not just contributors, they are the most productive mod I have ever seen!!!

Ok. I'll stop buggin` RKLS & their addonmaking friends, if that's such a big problem for ya. From now on I'll just post something like: "Wow! Amazing! Fantastic! etc., etc." if that's what u want, oh moderator! I promise.

CBF news site? huh.gif

http://cbfnews.uol.com.br/

CBF Shipbuilding will be continuing its RN involvment much as it did with construction of ships for the RN that happened to serve in 1982.

The company is also continuing its involvement with the civilian market.

Does that mean HMS Ocean is in the plans? A very useful but often neglected type of ship.

That news site... no relation...

As for HMS Ocean..

We can neither confirm or deny rumours of what is planned by this company.

If we get anything from Barrow-in-Furness docks I'll be a very happy bunny indeed. smile_o.gif

Will there be any chance the company will disclose whether there are any plans for troop transports/landing craft?

"We also have ships laid up for refit that served in the Falklands War"

Ohhhhhh Yeahhhhhh! yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Only just learning to UV texture and believe me when I say them ships going to be tough... curved hulls not good...

well best of luck with it i know these things can leave u banging ur head against a wall banghead.gifbanghead.gif

sweet i always hoped falklands mod stuff would enter the world of Arma thumbs-up.gif Hope everything rolls on good! Sunshining even though its a bit chilly outdoors and im happy!!! biggrin_o.gif

the shipwreck could get used to treasure hunting and stuff for real. smile_o.gif diving ops and all kinds of stuff or just nice scenery.

A number of issues relate to getting Falklands Ships into ArmA.

1. I can get them in rather quick but without textures, the ofp set ones cause lots of errors due to way they have been mapped.

2. Although ArmA technically has a slightly different way of working outs its size limits, in general its easier to stck to a nice round size of 50m.. most the Flk ships are around the 200ft by section, which is nearer 60m.

3. Many ships lack features such foot acces from lorry decks or hanger decks to upper decks (to get from Hanger to Flightdeck on Hermes requires use of the aircraft elevator!!wink_o.gif. An increase in interior accessablity is wanted (by me that is!wink_o.gif

4. Many of the weapon systems need a rebuild to meet ArmA requirements and standards.

5. Most are built without any underwater portion, this is now visable in ArmA..

6. Time... I am also working on newer vessels

3, 4 and 5 pretty much require a general rebuild of large sections, and for some ships they will have to be rebuilt from keel up.

Almost a month and little apparant work....

Well..

New Dockyard still under construction but they yard is already in use with the latest ship rolled down the slip and now getting fitted out, much work to do but she is now recognizeable for what she is...

The old battleship has had turrets built and has been on used on exercise to check the capability, 355mm has quite a punch..

ArmA0259.jpg

ArmA0257.jpg

ArmA0265.jpg

Woohoo, HMS Ocean at last (or at least from what I can make out?)

Assuming she is who I think she is, can we expect deployable landing craft (Excuse me for having a temporary brain fart as to their actual name). Either way, looking very swish.

Little Mk5 is already at 75%....

And yes there is a reason there isnt a close up...

Temporary textures...

not to worry chap - Ocean is Ocean, whatever state her textures are at - you've made me a very happy man indeed.

Haven't a clue what the other one is, other than being circa WWI or II - Japanese? Only because of the tower mind. I'm probably rather wrong.

keep it up smile_o.gif

Looks great I love the fact that you are using pure naval guns as armament. That way it could be used with the other naval WIP's to creat a more realistic fleet of ships. I have a little request that you dont have to follow but when you get to the Alpha stage... Please release it... I know you probably get about 100 a day of theese but CMON MAN look at it from our point of view... "OMG A NAVAL ADDON!!! but no link to a download page sad_o.gif " I say onece you get the guns working and it floats... It doesnt have to be textured too much to release, and see how it works.