Sign in to follow this  
Spectre-63

GrenadierPack - Open Beta!

Is there a way to make this compatible with NWD_ScopeFix + Ballistics addons?

what issues are you experiencing with the two combined? I've got both installed, so I'll play with it tonight.

Yeah i was running both last night and found that both your mods refer to the same weapons and that your pack overrides NWD's scopeFix mod, so i have combined(for personal use only) your pack into his work and viola! The only real way i see it happening is if NWD included your hard work into his mod.l Only reason i say yours into his is because of the nature of his mod, not trying to detract from your efforts, i love this mod. As for HeinBlood's GDTModGrenadier i havent actually even got it yet so i will download now and when i get home i will have a play around and see what we can do. Ok just found this while dl'ing it

Known bugs:

This addon is not full compatible with other addons with grenadiers. Some grenadiers will get 8 grenade pounches (16 slots).

It maybe the same as yours it would need rolling into 1 addon sad_o.gif I will look tonight, hell maybe you, HeinBlood and NWD will team up so to speak and release a combined version? whistle.gifinlove.gif

PS just had a very quick look and it looks straight forward enough (hahahaha famous last words!!!!wink_o.gif but it would require rolling into 1 addon sad_o.gif Its nothing todo with your code, by the looks if 2 addons modify the standard BIS Units/Weapons it will pick the most stock standard version of the conflicting configs. Oh and the problem is your addon reverts back to BIS sights.

snoops -

unfortunately, in order to make my mod not default back to the BIS sights, I'd have to include HeinBlood's mod as a pre-requisite. It's an unfortunate byproduct of the way the M203 Muzzles are coded and I haven't found a way around it. If I don't include the BIS sight, you get no sight whatsoever for the M203 which, obviously, would make aiming a bit challenging. smile_o.gif

snoops -

unfortunately, in order to make my mod not default back to the BIS sights, I'd have to include HeinBlood's mod as a pre-requisite. It's an unfortunate byproduct of the way the M203 Muzzles are coded and I haven't found a way around it. If I don't include the BIS sight, you get no sight whatsoever for the M203 which, obviously, would make aiming a bit challenging. smile_o.gif

He (HeinBlood) might give you permission to use his code in your addon.

snoops -

Its not the way the 203 muzzles are coded, it just that he's made his own .p3d's and binarized them so not swapping the texture paths relating to the sights. If there was a way for me to edit the texture paths in a binarized p3d yeah piece of cake. And what was i said in 1 of my last msgs, doesnt look to hard? Hahaha famous last words!! rofl.gif I have just pm'd HeinBlood to ask for permission to modify/use his great work, and if he says yes i've also asked for a unbinarized .p3d to work with

If you do use HeinBlood's sights, please make future releases include one with out them, because I personally don't like them.

Why can't you make the ironsights for the M203 work? I could easily make a new M16A4_GL that allowed you to fire new magazines but allowed you to use the model's lader 203 sights.

Oh I can make the 203's ladder sight work. My point was that, the way the M-203 muzzle's are coded, I can't configure it to use whatever sight is currently being used for the stock M-203. From what I can see, I must code in some sight or you get no sight whatsoever.

Mabes -

at this point, I don't have any plans to include HeinBloed's sight, so no worries. smile_o.gif

You should inherit the muzzle from the stock BIS 203 and that should take care of the sight specification. After inheriting you can simply expand/overwrite the magazines that the gun uses and that should be all that's needed to get it working how you want.

And yeah, I'll whip up the extra three inventory slot .paa's soon. No worries.

Frederf -

I guess that's the part that's got me confused: how do I inherit the stock M203 Muzzles? They're not a separate class unto themselves, they're defined under each M16's class. I tried doing this:

class M203Muzzle : M16A2

but that wound up giving me a weapon that had no optics and used the reloadMagazineSound for the standard M16Muzzle.

I also tried:

class M203Muzzle : M16A2\GrenadeLauncher

but got an error.

If there's a way to script this to inherit the M203 Muzzle from the existing weapons, please show me! smile_o.gif

I think it would be something like:

/*extern*/ M203Muzzle;

MOD_M16A4_GL {

displayName = "Modded M16A4_GL";

class M16Muzzle : M16A4{};

class MOD_M203Muzzle : M203Muzzle {

magazines - {".....others,", "MOD_M203_5packHE"};

};

};

If the line:

/*extern*/ M203Muzzle;

doesn't work then try:

/*extern*/ M16A4_GL {

/*extern*/ M203Muzzle;

};

or try putting /*extern*/ M203Muzzle; inside the MOD_M16A4_GL class.

I'm pretty sure that /*extern*/ does nothing. It's just a comment. /* and */ mean "open inline/multiline comment" and "close inline/multiline comment" in C.

Already did it. Personally I was going to do this for 4IB anyway, so taking your and SIX's work as reference and my own smarts I made my own config.

I really wish CODE or QUOTE wouldn't strip out the tabs, but oh well.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgPatches {

class 4IB_Grenades {

weapons[] = {"4IB_Throw", "4IB_M16A4_GL"};

units[] = {};

requiredVersion = 0.100000;

requiredAddons[] = {"CAweapons3", "CAweapons"};

};

};

class CfgAmmo {

/*extern*/ class SmokeShell;

/*extern*/ class SmokeShellRed;

/*extern*/ class G_40mm_HE;

class G_40mm_HEDP: G_40mm_HE {

hit = 175;

indirectHitRange = 7;

};

class S_40mm_Red: SmokeShell {

model = "\ca\Weapons\granat";

smokeColor[] = {1, 0.25, 0, 0};

};

class S_40mm_Green: S_40mm_Red {

smokeColor[] = {0.2, 0.8, 0.2, 0};

};

class S_40mm_Yellow: S_40mm_Red {

smokeColor[] = {0.8, 0.8, 0.0, 0};

};

class SmokeShellYellow: SmokeShellRed {

smokeColor[] = {0.8, 0.8, 0, 0};

};

class SmokeShellViolet: SmokeShellRed {

smokeColor[] = {0.5, 0, 0.8, 0};

};

};

class CfgMagazines {

/*extern*/ class HandGrenadeTimed;

/*extern*/ class SmokeShell;

/*extern*/ class SmokeShellRed;

/*extern*/ class SmokeShellGreen;

/*extern*/ class 1Rnd_HE_M203;

/*extern*/ class FlareWhite_M203;

/*extern*/ class FlareGreen_M203;

/*extern*/ class FlareRed_M203;

class 4IB_HandGrenadeTimedPack: HandGrenadeTimed {

displayName = "M67 Frag Grenade";

ammo = "GrenadeHandTimed";

count = 3;

};

class 4IB_SmokeShellPack: SmokeShell {

displayName = "AN-M8 Smoke";

count = 3;

};

class 4IB_SmokeShellRedPack: SmokeShellRed {

displayName = "M18 Smoke (Red)";

count = 3;

};

class 4IB_SmokeShellGreenPack: SmokeShellGreen {

displayName = "M18 Smoke (Green)";

count = 3;

};

class 4IB_SmokeShellYellowPack: SmokeShellGreen {

displayName = "M18 Smoke (Yellow)";

ammo = "SmokeShellYellow";

count = 3;

};

class 4IB_SmokeShellVioletPack: SmokeShellGreen {

displayName = "M18 Smoke (Violet)";

ammo = "SmokeShellViolet";

count = 3;

};

class 4IB_5Rnd_M433: 1Rnd_HE_M203 {

displayName = "M433 HEDP";

count = 5;

ammo = "G_40mm_HEDP";

};

class 4IB_5Rnd_M406: 1Rnd_HE_M203 {

displayName = "M406 HE";

count = 5;

};

class 4IB_5Rnd_M583A1: FlareWhite_M203 {

displayName = "M583A1 Flare (White)";

count = 5;

};

class 4IB_5Rnd_M661: FlareGreen_M203 {

displayName = "M661 Flare (Green)";

count = 5;

};

class 4IB_5Rnd_M662: FlareRed_M203 {

displayName = "M662 Flare (Red)";

count = 5;

};

class 4IB_5Rnd_M713: 1Rnd_HE_M203 {

displayName = "M713 Smoke (Red)";

count = 5;

ammo = "S_40mm_Red";

};

class 4IB_5Rnd_M715: 1Rnd_HE_M203 {

displayName = "M715 Smoke (Green)";

count = 5;

ammo = "S_40mm_Green";

};

class 4IB_5Rnd_M716: 1Rnd_HE_M203 {

displayName = "M716 Smoke (Red)";

count = 5;

ammo = "S_40mm_Yellow";

};

};

class CfgWeapons

{

/*extern*/ class Throw;

class 4IB_Throw: Throw {

muzzles[] = {"4IB_HandGrenadeMuzzle", "4IB_SmokeShellMuzzle"};

/*extern*/ class ThrowMuzzle;

class 4IB_HandGrenadeMuzzle: ThrowMuzzle {

magazines[] = {"HandGrenade", "HandGrenadeTimed", "4IB_HandGrenadeTimedPack"};

displayName = "Frag Grenade";

};

class 4IB_SmokeShellMuzzle: 4IB_HandGrenadeMuzzle {

magazines[] = {"SmokeShell", "SmokeShellRed", "SmokeShellGreen", "4IB_SmokeShellPack", "4IB_SmokeShellRedPack", "4IB_SmokeShellGreenPack", "4IB_SmokeShellYellowPack", "4IB_SmokeShellVioletPack"};

displayName = "Smoke Grenade";

};

};

/*extern*/ class M16A4_GL;

/*extern*/ class M203Muzzle;

class 4IB_M16A4_GL: M16A4_GL {

displayName = "M16A4 M203"

muzzles[] = {"M16Muzzle", "4IB_M203Muzzle"};

class 4IB_M203Muzzle: M203Muzzle {

reloadTime = 3;

magazines[] = {"1Rnd_HE_M203", "FlareWhite_M203", "FlareGreen_M203", "FlareRed_M203", "FlareYellow_M203", "4IB_5Rnd_M433", "4IB_5Rnd_M406", "4IB_5Rnd_M661", "4IB_5Rnd_M662", "4IB_5Rnd_M583A1", "4IB_5Rnd_M713", "4IB_5Rnd_M715", "4IB_5Rnd_M716"};

};

};

};

-----

As you can see that includes my Grenade and Smoke 3-packs. I try to do inheriting as much as I can so that any other mods, upgrades, and patches will have their effects trickle down. Also I've done a version of an M16 with M203 that uses these new magazines. Obviously inventory pictures would be very helpful and will be included in the final release.

Another thing I did was combine a lot of Throw muzzles into 2 muzzles: one for frag grenades and one for smoke grenades. I'm SICK AND TIRED of having to cycle through 3-4 types of grenades when changing fire modes so I did this. I could have done a single muzzle for all throwable objects but then getting a smoke or hand grenade under "tactical" pressure would take precious time.

One thing that I would like to have changed is making the Magazine.displayName show in the ammo counter upper left of the HUD instead of the Muzzle.displayName. If anyone can tell me how; I'm all ears.

Also I set the reload time between shots to 3 seconds to try and mirror the default 1Rrnd_M203_HE reload times for the animation. It should be a touch shorter (like 2.8s) to match the animation.

Like posted in the 'realisme M136' topic, this is on my list of wanting to use mods. Sadly i only play MP with friends and atm am forced to use client side only mods. Very noob when it comes to scripting and coding, but i wonder (i know already asked by someone else) if there is a slight change this mod one day could be made as replacement mod, be it client side or server and client side?

If there is one thing on my wishlist that needs to be adressed, well there are more, but a grenade vest/pouche is there. It is imho very sad to see that BIS didn't include this stock. There were many mods in OFP day and even VBS1 included them in USarmy1. Still can't think why they simply didn't include this.

Afaik, a replacement pack simply can't be done at least not client side only. But it would be nice if there was a change there could be a replacement pack for the server itself...so i only need to convince the teammates to run it aswell smile_o.gif.

Anyway, can only support you guys and hope i can make use of it one day in MP (slaps BIS again for not including it..and runs away crying wink_o.gif ).

DaSquade -

the 'untagged' version of my mod will run 'Client side'...the only issue is the ammunition. Because the ammoboxes need to be modified by whoever created the mission, you'll run out of the multi-round magazines and won't be able to get reloads.

Sorry! sad_o.gif

This could be made into a replacement instead of addon mod relatively easily. The magazines could even be replacements assuming you replaced the 1Rrnd_M203_HE mags with the same thing with a bigger ammo count.

Frederf -

yes, it could. The downside to doing so would be the mod being characterized as a 'cheat'; which I want to avoid at all costs.

Yes it could. HOWEVER, there is another nifty solution that you may not have thought of that makes you able to function on public servers (that don't have the 5-round magazines) but you are not cheating.

You can have a client side script that counts the number of 1Rnd_HE_M203 magazines in your inventory and simply gives you a 5Rnd_HE_M203 while deleting your five 1Rnd_HE_M203 magazines. This way you are making "bundles" on-the-fly and all you need is an ammobox with enough 1Rnd_HE_M203 magazines.

WGL did this way back when with their rucksack system.

Yes it could. HOWEVER, there is another nifty solution that you may not have thought of that makes you able to function on public servers (that don't have the 5-round magazines) but you are not cheating.

You can have a client side script that counts the number of 1Rnd_HE_M203 magazines in your inventory and simply gives you a 5Rnd_HE_M203 while deleting your five 1Rnd_HE_M203 magazines. This way you are making "bundles" on-the-fly and all you need is an ammobox with enough 1Rnd_HE_M203 magazines.

WGL did this way back when with their rucksack system.

LOL...he said "client side script"! biggrin_o.gif

Frederf, I appreciate your confidence in my scripting abilities but I fear you've over-estimated them! I had a hard enough time getting the weapons functional! whistle.gifcrazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Spectre-63 Posted on Oct. 19 2007,04:59Frederf -

yes, it could. The downside to doing so would be the mod being characterized as a 'cheat'; which I want to avoid at all costs.

Yes and i understand, but afaik this will be the only possible way, without remaking the public missions. The point i try to make is, i play on a semi closed server, meaning it is with friends where we have some very good teamplay going on. On the one hand i don't want to force the others to use the mod but on the other hand i don't want to miss out on this great mod. Like said, we play public made missions only as most of us don't have the time to edit the missions and if we do we force the rest to use the pack aswell. Well, if i and more can force the rest to use it aswell, there isn't a big problem but still it has the problem we need to edit every single mission on the server.

Anyway, i take or leave what ever that comes, just checking what you guys can come up with. One thing is sure, i appreciate all yours scripting experience. Something i still haven't truely looked into and probebly never will.

Keep it up.

I have my grenadier pack quite done, there's some extra weapons and such config'd in it but it's obvious which parts can be cut.

I'll paste it later. It includes a lot of quite good inventory pics as well if I say so myself.

How would one go about getting these marker smokes to work with UKF's UGL?