Sign in to follow this  
Spectre-63

GrenadierPack - Open Beta!

Hi all -

many seem to have missed my original Beta release and I've just made an update to include two M16 variants that were missed originally.

Here's the details on the mod:

Mod: @S63_GrenadierPack

Maker: Mike 'Spectre-63' McMahon

Release 0.96 Beta

Date 13 Oct 2007

This modification makes a number of changes to the M-203 grenade launcher to add different ammo types and increase the maximum loadout to bring it in-line with US Army and US Marines loadouts.  Here's what it changes:

*) adds new ammo type - HEDP

increased damage to simulate the anti-armor round for the M-203.  The round has been balanced to destroy UAZ's with a single round (killing the occupants), disable BRDMs with a single round, and disable BMPs with multiple rounds.

*) adds new ammo type - 40mm Smoke

gives the ability to provide covering smoke or mark your target at a greater distance.  Rounds come in white, yellow, and red smoke.

*) adds new ammo capacity: 5 round 'magazines'

this is what allows the increase in maximum loadout to the standard 40 grenades carried by US Army and US Marines grenadiers.  The magazines each hold 5 rounds but have a 3 second reload time to keep things within the realm of reality.

*) modifies the grenadier soldier types to increase their default loadout

each grenadier will carry the following load:

20 rounds HE (4 5 round 'magazines'wink_o.gif

10 rounds HEDP (2 5 round 'magazines'wink_o.gif

5 rounds 40mm Smoke (white)

5 rounds 40mm Smoke (red)

the grenadiers will also be listed in the mission builders as 'Hi-Cap' Grenadiers (or in the case of   SF, 'Hi-Cap SF Assault'wink_o.gif  When starting play, the M-203 will come loaded with HE and you can switch ammo types by entering the action menu.

The package now also includes the 'tagged' version which creates copies of the existing soldiers and modifies their loadouts.  If for some reason you do not wish to modify the existing soldiers, delete the 'untagged' PBO from the @S63_GrenadierPack\Addons folder.

NOTE: The default crate loadout has not changed (although I could and may change that as well later on).  In order to add the grenades to the crates, in the 'init script' add the following text:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addMagazineCargo ["<round name>, <round quantity>"]

where <round name> is the name of the round you want to add and <round quantity> is the number of that magazine you want to add.

Round names for my package are:

S63_5Rnd_HE_M203

S63_5Rnd_HEDP_M203

S63_5Rnd_Smoke_M203

S63_5Rnd_SmokeRed_M203

S63_5Rnd_SmokeYellow_M203

S63_1Rnd_Smoke_M203

So if you wanted to add 10 'magazines' of HEDP to the ammobox, you would select it and in the 'init script' you would add the line:

this addMagazineCargo ["S63_5Rnd_HEDP_M203",10]

*NOTE*: If you use the 'untagged' PBO, you could remove the "S63_" from each ammotype name (i.e. 5Rnd_HEDP_M203 versus S63_5Rnd_HEDP_M203)

Future plans:

* addition of image files to differentiate between the standard single rounds and the multi-round 'magazines'

* depending upon availability of information, addition of similar capabilities for the SLA weaponry.

Credits:

Todd - for the inspiration to try my first ArmA mod

SnakeMan (PMC) - for being the first one to respond to my numerous n00bish questions

[ASA]ODEN and Planck for timely assistance with getting the new soldier types working

Download location (mirrors gladly accepted - please let me know if you mirror so I can update the first post!wink_o.gif

HERE

Mirrors:

ArmaHolic.com - Thanks Big!

Combat-Prison.net  Thanks Stavanger!

ArmedAssault.info - Thanks Old Bear!

I'm anxious for feedback beyond my original testing group.  Please let me know what you think!

All I can say is hell ya to the smokes!

Edit: Are you going to do this for the SLA as well?

Mabes-

I hadn't planned on modifying the SLA soldiers but that's certainly doable.  It'll take a little research to determine whether the Soviets had an HEDP-equivalent round and what it's capabilities were.  I'll keep that in mind for a future release!

Also -

anyone who's downloaded the file prior to this message should probably grab it again. I mistakenly included only the 'untagged' version of the .pbo file and I realized afterwards that it might cause issues for some mission makers.

More early morning updates. Correct version should now be Beta 0.96a

Mirror coming from the fine folks at ArmaHolic! yay.gif

There is no cumulative ammo for GP-25/30. There is VOG-25 which is HE, there is VOG-25P (bouncing HE), there is GRD-40 (smoke) and "Gvozd" (tear gas). Usual(documented) loadout is 10 rounds.

Looking nice and feeling all right.

A dedicated ammo box will be great.

Hosted on Armed Assault.info

I was thinking more about the Smoke rounds, don't care about the HEDP for them :P

Thanks for the feedback, folks!

Mabes -

I'll look at setting up a similar addition for smoke for the SLA forces. Shouldn't be terribly difficult, mostly a matter of finding all the proper entries.

At this point, I'm about to give up on the "untagged" version of the mod. From what I can see, modifying the soldiers that Bohemia included just isn't possible. I can't find anything wrong with the scripting - no errors - just no change in the loadouts from the Mission Editor. confused_o.gif

Thanks for the feedback, folks!

Mabes -

I'll look at setting up a similar addition for smoke for the SLA forces. Shouldn't be terribly difficult, mostly a matter of finding all the proper entries.

At this point, I'm about to give up on the "untagged" version of the mod. From what I can see, modifying the soldiers that Bohemia included just isn't possible. I can't find anything wrong with the scripting - no errors - just no change in the loadouts from the Mission Editor. confused_o.gif

Try talking to HeinBlood, he did it with his little grenade addon.

Great nade pack Spectre.

I always choose the M4-40mm, it lets me snipe and frag at the same time...this should extend my ammo range abit smile_o.gif

Is it possible to have the red smokes act as laser target, so we can mark hot spots for helos and aircraft? Or is this function already implemented and I just don't know about it?

Maybe another color of smoke for an instant LZ to?

Just wondering.

Wish BIS brought back the heavy grenadier for both sides.

'Bunny -

can't speak as to whether the smoke can act as a target or LZ for AI aircraft. I mostly designed this around playing MP. Obviously it's not a problem for you to have players land or attack a particular color of smoke. smile_o.gif

I know that the 31st will be using this mod, especially those smoke rounds, the red will help us designate bad guys to air strike, but we generally pop a green smoke for a pick up.

Edit: Found a bug, you can only use the grenades with the M4A1 w/ M203 and ACOG

I need to go back and do more testing but I've run into an oddity that I just can't explain and I'm hoping some of the more experienced modders might have some hints:

If you enter the Armory with my mod loaded (both the 'tagged' and 'untagged' versions), you should see two M16A4 ACOG GL entries. The top one is the 'untagged' version and the bottom is the 'tagged' version. For some reason, the GL will work for the 'tagged' but not the 'untagged' and the configs are identical for both. At first I thought it might've been an issue with the M16A4_ACG_GL entry in the Weapons3.pbo but if you unload my mod, the original functions properly.

When you look at the soldier inside the Armory, he spawns without grenades, which is clearly the problem. The question is: why does it work for one and not the other?huh.gifcrazy_o.gif

**NEW VERSION POSTED**

I believe I've gotten the issues with the M16A4_ACG_GL resolved and all revisions of the M16/M203 should function properly. If you encounter any further issues, please post here or contact me via PM!

Made some inventory pics for 5xM433 5xM406 and 5xM713

Which is HEDP, HE, and Red Smoke. White smoke doesn't exist according to the M203 army field manual but there is yellow and green. I don't think 40mm smoke is sufficient for covering movement, simply signaling so the army didn't bother making a white smoke version.

http://www.squick.org/ffa/bin/40mmInvPics.zip

WOW! Thanx Frederf! I'll take a look at 'em, provided I can find an image viewer that supports .paa.

Appreciate the help!

Speccy-

I can also convert them for you, if you want. There's a photoshop plugin DM pointed me to awhile ago.

Is there a way to make this compatible with NWD_ScopeFix + Ballistics addons?

It isn't compatible? Uh-oh, that changes things a bit for me. If it's possible please make it so. One more thing, does this work with HeinBlood's GDTModGrenadier? I'd really love to have this with HeinBlood's sight modification. If you haven't done so, you should chat with him about combining the to addons/mods. They are both excellent!

what issues are you experiencing with the two combined? I've got both installed, so I'll play with it tonight.

It isn't compatible? Uh-oh, that changes things a bit for me. If it's possible please make it so. One more thing, does this work with HeinBlood's GDTModGrenadier? I'd really love to have this with HeinBlood's sight modification. If you haven't done so, you should chat with him about combining the to addons/mods. They are both excellent!

I haven't used HeinBlood's mod. I'll take a look but, to be honest, I'm new enough to this that the chances of making my mod compatible with others is slim. That said, now that things are working properly, I'm going to work on trimming out the unnecessary code. That may resolve the incompatibilities with the NWD_ScopeFix.