Elgarion

Virtual TrainingSpace 2

===========================

Virtual TrainingSpace 2

===========================

www.clan-centurions.com

Release date : Wednesday 31st of October

EDIT :

Virtual TrainingSpace 2 has been released.

Cooperative game for 1 to 25 players, by Grimm. Release end of october 2007. Currently on beta test. It will be released in french and english versions.

The concept: VTS2 allows you to create cooperative missions in real time. The players choose their side, equipment, the location of the objective, and so on. Everything is customizable. It's composed of 2 modules that can work together or independantly.

==========================================

Videos

==========================================

- Start a game with 3 clicks (french)

- advanced options (french)

- Objectives (french)

- Real time (french)

- Real Time game example (English)

- Mixing pre-mission and real time tutorial (English)

- Complete real time mission tutorial (English)

Module 1 : pre-mission

A mission can be set in 2 clicks: the squad leader has to determine the location of the objective on Sahrani's map, then the insertion spot of the players. All he then has to do is run the mission on the radio menu.

But he can also customize and activate the following options:

- The enemy side (considering their own side, players will fight against OPFOR, BLUEFOR or Resistance)

- The enemy AI kind: static, mobile or aggressive.

- The number of enemy groups.

- The size of the enemy area.

- The available equipment (in this case, the squad leader can include any type of equipment, ammo crates, vehicles,... and choose the enemy equipment, and possble reinforcements (paras, artillery)).

- Type of the objective:

* Reach a flag in the enemy area

* Kill the enemy officer

* Destroy an enemy antenna

* Free hostage, and bring him back to the insertion spot.

- The kind of insertion : by ground or parachuting. In the latter, the players' dispersion will depend on the climatical conditions.

- The civilians: will there be any civilians in the enemy area? In this case, they will randomly move in the zone. Killing one of them will cause the game to end.

- The respawn: if no respawn is chosen, a camera will let the killed players follow their comrades on the field.

- Setting of the time of the day and the weather.

During the mission, the squad leader can also choose the satellite view, and ask for artillery support.

module10.jpg

Platoon leader's computer

Module 2 : Real Time

At any moment, the squad leader can decide to customize the players environment, or simply to create the mission in real time, with his own objectives. In this context, the possibilities are infinite.

- Creating objects

All the vehicles and all ARMA units are available in the real time editor, and so are more complex objects: checkpoints, minefields in different sizes, with or without danger signs.

checkp10.jpg

Checkpoint

poste_10.jpg

Outpost

mines10.jpg

Mine field

- observing and teleporting the players

At any moment, the squad leader can activate the GPS of the players on his side(he'll be the only one to see their location), use a virtual camera to wander on the battlefield, and teleport the players to a given place.

- Real time encoding, and inserting your own scripts

The squad leader can insert a command line in real time. Thanks to VTS2 open source design, it's very easy to use your own scripts, server-sided or on all the computers playing the mission.

consol10.jpg

Real time console

- Creating triggers and game logics

At any moment, the squad leader can insert any type of trigger: creating events, new objectives, mission ending conditions...

zoom_t10.jpg

Zoom on the real time map

Modding VTS2 in a few minutes

VTS2 is an open-source system: all you have to do is modify the configuration files to modify the mod deeply: insert new units, vechiles, weapons, but also the number and the kind of enemy groups, and numberous other game parameters.

Sounds awesome.

It'd be really great if you could up a youtube clip with a minute or two of using the pre-mission and the real-time use.

I'm currently working on a video... It should be released in a few days. Thanks wink_o.gif

wow ... master of dungeon realtime xmas_o.gif

I'm currently working on a video... It should be released in a few days. Thanks wink_o.gif

yay.gif thanks for the 411

It is already working in SP... in a certain way wink_o.gif

In fact, for my first tests, before the alpha test, I needed to have some "AI mates" with me. I kept this system for the final release : If you're alone, some men are spawned in your group. You just have to create a server on your own in mp.

I could release a real sp. But there are some limitations (no respawn at all, no possibility to choose your side...) and i wonder if it would be very interesting....

I could release a real sp. But there are some limitations (no respawn at all, no possibility to choose your side...) and i wonder if it would be very interesting....

That would be nice.

You could have respawn and changing sides if you use the Teamswitch feature.

Version 1 was fantastic and Version 2 looks even more epic! I can't wait. The additional features are really interesting. The new interface for the computer also looks great and even easier to use. Outstanding work Grimm!

This sounds great smile_o.gif is there any way of doing JIP with something of this nature? I mean, it sounds great in any case I'm just thinking about how our group is rather globally spread out wink_o.gif

Thanks to everybody for their nice comments wink_o.gif

Maddmatt =) erf, you're certainly right. I will seriously think about it, but actually I must focus on the mp.

DMarkwick =) JIP has always been a little problem with VTS (1 and 2). There is a teleport function which can be usefull for JIP in VTS2.

Wow,

but i've make a proposal.

Maybe it would be better if you make the interface alittlebit bigger and more clear.

But I'm looking forward to it. smile_o.gif

looks fantastic if in any way we at www.bkops2.net can help with testing please let me know.

we currently use and love v1 as our squad training program.

Oh, and on the civilians part... What if one blows an enemy vehicle and the explosion kills a civlian?

Would be annoying if that happens since I mean... civilians do die in war even if not aimed at. So could there be some other kind of penalty?

grimbk =) thanks for your support. Beta should be already ok, but in case of I keep your kind proposal in mind smile_o.gif . VTS2 should be released at the end of the month (it's nearly finished in french but translation in english hasn't been done yet... we're late).

Inkompetent =) "Civilians in hostile zone" is an option for Fire control training. You're not forced to activate this option. Instead of it, you can spawn in real time civilians units and vehicule, and make them patrolling without any risk of ending the mission in case of death.

In fact, with complete real time you can insert any code line you want, and any trigger, make secondary objectives, etc. So you can set other rules for your mission than those that exists in pre-mission module.

You should ask the beta-testers wink_o.gif

More seriously, vts2 si now on beta-test and first feedbacks are positive. I'm currently translating the last users manual (how to modd vts2 and complete real time mission step by step). Everything should be released in time, end of october.

Thanks hedcrusha smile_o.gif

A video related to a PDF document (the manual will be released with VTS2). it's a step by step tutorial about mixing pre-mission and real time.

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=w_YuGUY0pVQ

The last video related to the same PDF tutorial :

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=G9rxUvk72e4

Release date : Wednesday 31st of October

Hi there,

could you tell me if theres anyway to get this running on other islands? I like many others don't have the specs to get good fps on sahrani. Any chance you could release a south sahrani or saralite version?

Excellent work btw, keep it up!

Yes, VTS2 will be released on numerous islands :

I'm sure about :

- basic arma island

- Gardinas

- Porto (QG needed)

- Alex Sworn (QG needed)

I'm also thinking about

- Sakakah

- Iran/Irak border

I'm not sure with the two last maps, as they're in beta, but I think a VTS2 version could be interesting on them.

Very nice job Elgarion. I loved the first one and this one looks great as well.

I'm sure this will be the favourite map for tactical events and trainings for many groups.