Sign in to follow this  
UgolSkosa

Campaign "G.L.O.R.I.A."

I'm on mission 3 or so, no problems or bugs for me, have to say excellent so far in terms of story driven campaign really well done cut scenes and voice acting, you can even improve your Russian while playing it wink_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

I gotta say, the story is too "far fetched" for me. The missions are ok though.

I cant get past the first mission because when I deliver the package it blows up and I die.

anyone have this problem.

Hello mate,

I also had that problem on the first mission.  After a few attempts at it I began to look into what the problem could be, which I guessed would be one of the mods I had in my folders.  As it turns out I was correct and it was the first mod I tried taking out too  biggrin_o.gif

I found the problem in my case to be the the Realistic Ballistics mod.  I simply took it out of my mod folder for that first mission then put it back in after, simple.  smile_o.gif

I hope this will help you resolve the issue as well.

Regards,

James

This campaign was excellent.Best Ive seen yet.I really liked the last mission to.I hope OTK brings us more of the same in the future.Great job!

I played until the last mission and as expected, this campaign is great! Thanks a lot for it OTK!

However, I have a problem with the last mission.

Whenever I try to load a save game in the last mission the game crashes to desktop. I run 1.08 version with only the needed addons for the campaign (no mods are used). I tried reverting and starting over the mission a couple of times but still the problem remains. Any Ideas?

Yes, you really felt how much time was spent making this piece of work. However: I found some missions of it to be rather hard to play. Especially the one where you attack bagango and the last one. I always ended up with all tanks on my side being destroyed after the first enemy shots. It was impossible to withstand the amount of US soldiers that followed. Artillery on the last one gives a great feel but is almost too strong to cope with. Or how did you manage to accomplish those missions? I would really like to know... icon_rolleyes.gif

I would really like to know...  icon_rolleyes.gif

In first mission (bagango), u can go left from main strike and shoot some marines from forest, for example... Or grab some sniper rifle... mashingun... The same with last mission. Simply do not run directly on enemy entrenchments.

if problem in save, maybe u mast delete this save and start this mission from begin. or create new profile.

Hi..

THX for a very nice campaign OTK..

nice storyline and nice use of the locations on the map...

hollywood movie like cutscenes..

the english text on the cutscenes disappears too fast..

(slow reader).. wink_o.gif

I hope U on OTK can find energy to make an new campaign.

hopefully with many different kinds of missions..

Spasiba from sweden...

Over and Out

Flyfinn

I played until the last mission and as expected, this campaign is great! Thanks a lot for it OTK!

Whenever I try to load a save game in the last mission the game crashes to desktop. I run 1.08 version with only the needed addons for the campaign (no mods are used). I tried reverting and starting over the mission a couple of times but still the problem remains. Any Ideas?

I have the same problem. It is a problem intrinsic to ArmA. According to the devs, the next patch(1.09) will fix the CTD problem that large, script intensive missions/campaigns currently have. It's a shame, most large, great missions ctd while loading. Hopefully they really do fix this problem.

I have the same problem. It is a problem intrinsic to ArmA. According to the devs, the next patch(1.09) will fix the CTD problem that large, script intensive missions/campaigns currently have. It's a shame, most large, great missions ctd while loading. Hopefully they really do fix this problem.

Thanks, I hope they will release it soon. But if this is the reason, why does it not occur to everyone playing this mission?

It may be cause from computer configuration, ArmA player profile, some addons...

Actually, we have not hear about problem like you have, so we can't say why this trouble has been exist and how you can heal this...

Sorry.

Thanks, I hope they will release it soon. But if this is the reason, why does it not occur to everyone playing this mission?

Good question. For me at least, I often have the CTD problem with large missions because I play with so many addons/mods and I've been told they add to many variables that the game can't handle. As far as other people, possibly because they either haven't played it far enough or never loaded a save. I do a lot of saving/loading due to my job, I only play ArmA for small stretches of time.

Hopefully the new patch will really fix the CTD problem as Maruk stated. I'm tired of having to either start over from a prior save or turn off a bunch of mods just to play.

it shows that "cannot load texture campaigns/gloria/misson/intro.intro/otk_logo.jpg"

what should I do huh.gifsad_o.gif

Well, the 1.09 beta patch didnt fix the problem. the game still crashes to desktop when trying to load a saved game in the last mission. BIS dissapoints us yet again.

Well, the 1.09 beta patch didnt fix the problem. the game still crashes to desktop when trying to load a saved game in the last mission. BIS dissapoints us yet again.

Really, I've not tested it yet. But it that's the case still, I'm wondering if it has something else causing the problem. because since the patch1.09b release I have not CTD on a load anymore. In other words, BIS fixed the problem, yet this problem wasn't due to the CTD while loading a save. Just a thought. I'll try this a bit later.

Variable your problem must be different or old save games are not

affected by the fix.

Revert the mission and try again.

Yes, you should restart the mission (don't use pre-1.09 saves) and try again. I didn't have load-related crashes on any missions since 1.09, so if you get some while loading, it might be something else. (It's of course possible, that the patch needs some tweaking, too, but I played some big missions and no problems so far.)

Variable your problem must be different or old save games are not

affected by the fix.

Revert the mission and try again.

I have reverted several times, no mods or additional addons were used, and still the problem remains.

it can be a mission design bug , not neccesarialy an Arma fault, i haven't reached that mission and i can't be sure but if the savegame ocurrs at same time that a script is running or the game tries to load a object that doesn't exist it can lead to a ctd , i remember it happened to me with a mission back in ofp days but as i said i'm not sure

Nice campaign. A bit hard to know what to do sometimes, and a few things seem to not be perfect (like that I died three times in a row in first mission in the explosion, but when I lied down I did at least not die).

Overall a nice story though, quite good missions and nice with Russian voiceovers. Thumbs up!

I'm at mission 8 now I think, and it's been enjoyable this far. yay.gif

Hi. I'm really stuck on mission 13 of this great campaign, where you have to find Mike in the camp. If I stray away from where I'm supposed to stand then I get spotted. If I stay where I am then the mission fails. Can anyone help please?