Sign in to follow this  
WisdoM

Man have teh russians ruined teh olympic sport

Not only do they get the judges to lie, but then they try and say that they deserve a gold medal in figure skating...which the U.S. girl CLEARLY skated a perfect performance, and deserved gold! then the U.S. hockey team beats them...and now they say they will protest that game...because of poor officiating. What a bunch of whiney babies. Personally I think the Russians need to grow up. The only reason they are acting this way is b/c the Candians were awarded a gold medal...because the russians cheated..which I think the Russians should have been stripped of their gold, because tehy bribed the judges...i mean wtf? why should they get a gold medal if they didnt earn it?confused.gif Then the Russians say they are being harrassed by the olympic committie....because more of their players were drug screened, yet they are the only country that tested positive...Russia had made pure fools of themselves in these olympics, and I think it ruins the whole purpose of these games. I personally think Russians should not come to the next games =)

IMO there should not be any more olympics. There's been too much cheating involved this time, and cheating and sport makes a bad equation. Cheating doesn't belong in the sportsworld,, infact, it doesn't belong anywhere.

THE BELARUS HOCKEY TEAM CHEATED....THEY DIDNT DO WHAT WE TOLD THEM BEFORE THE GAME!! THEY DIDNT FOLLOW THE SCRIPT!!! DAMN... biggrin.gif

If you've watched the OG you've seen allot of examples,,

Like todayes "5 mil" as we say in sweden (the long long skiing event), which this spanish guy won.

It was just crazy,, the whole event was crazy... none of the people who's allwayes in the top wheren't even close to this guy.

In the doping test earler he had a too high values of something in his blood,, so they tested him again,, and he had then "normal values". The guy said he had diarrhoea the night before, and that's why the unnormal values showed up.

Then I, and allot of other people asks themself,"Who the hell has diarrhoea one day, and the next day goes out and wins the gold in one of the thoughest events (imo) in the whole WO?,, and the other contest aren't even close to him..."

The only cheating that has taken place was the Russian pairs in figure skating. As far as what you're talking about..I haven't heard anything about it...but I'm sure the Russians will protest it =D

There have been a LOT of  strange things going on in this OG. If you would have followed the OG you would know that. Some examples are that the Russian team in women skiing was not allowed to start because one girl had high blood values or something but the thing is that she had her period and that could give high values in this test and the test was done less then 2 hours before start so they was not allowed to bring another girl in instead. They would most likely have won that competition.

Another thing is the men’s final in short track were the a South Korean got disqualified because he “closed the way†for the American that was in second place…I saw that race and it was BS!. All other competitors in that race though so too.. one said that he thought the American had some great actor talent.

And yes I heard that about the German/Spanish guy Johann Mühlegg too

Aaaaah come on, who cares about skating, it's pretty boring if you ask me, they always do the same things, skate backwards, jump and turn in the air (dunno what it's called in English),land, skate forwards, jump and do a triple turn in the air, land, skate backwards, turn while on one leg, jump and turn in the air .......... *SIGH* confused.gifsmile.gif

Oh well, i saw the amercian girl skate, it looked pretty good but i haven't watched the whole thing, only the last part cuz it's very funny to see ice-skaters fall. She made a couple li'lle mistakes but nothing big if you ask me!

I think it is sad that countries have to cheat but stopping the games I believe is going a little bit far look at the good points the aussie girl in the ariels who was not expected to do very well getting gold and for any child who wants to be an athelete or sports person representing your country is probably the best feeling ever what an honour I agree the russians stuffed up the games something has to be done but stopping the games is not the way to go.

I think the olympic games generally ruined themselves by being a) boring b) marketing campaigns

The winter olympics suck because its always those people who get loads of snow all year round that win the meaningful events, theres hardly any underdogs except austrailia and britain and places like that, so its either watching norway vs america, finland vs russia etc... all snowy wonderlands.

the normal olympics is better but still rubbish, its even more boring since sports like boxing and football are much much better on a professional level, the players and participants aren't the best in the world and probably never will be (in most events anyway).

Rich countries always win anyway, especially americans who have a varied climate, can do most sports (except football (soccer)) and no doubt millions and millions of dollars invested into being the best in the world.

If you wanna see big internationals competitions watch the champions league or the six nations or something like that, much more exciting to watch, with the champions league having many people from different countries cooperating to reach a goal etc...

South Korean got disqualified because he “closed the way†for the American that was in second place…I saw that race and it was BS!.

I saw that, it was a *questionable call*, but the thing is you cannot block other skaters from passing you.. and he pretty much did that.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Feb. 24 2002,02:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">South Korean got disqualified because he “closed the way†for the American that was in second place…I saw that race and it was BS!.

I saw that, it was a *questionable call*, but the thing is you cannot block other skaters from passing you.. and he pretty much did that.<span id='postcolor'>

Not really...the SKOR skater was not blocking Ono. They all had to turn, and SKOR, like other competitors had to get close to corner, and Ono just went Hollywood.

the official called it leg-crossing violation or something like that, but the video shows that SKOR did not do it. Also, i heard skating rules forbids lunging into the finish lane, which Ono did to get his silver in another race where 3 of them got tangled up.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Feb. 24 2002,02<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I saw that, it was a *questionable call*, but the thing is you cannot block other skaters from passing you.. and he pretty much did that.<span id='postcolor'>

I know the rules, but come on...he was not blocking him… as I said before even the other competitors thought that it was a wrong decision to disqualify him. I believe that if the man behind him hadn’t been American he would probably not have been disqualified. Its always good to be the home nation.

the judge who pointed out the korean guys cheatering wasn't american

judges are judges.. they are not always right but there is no better alternative.. what pisses me of is the commisions weak spine.. they come out and say canade deserved the gold medal and gives it to the,.. but doesent take the russian gold away.. thats stupid.. if you admit that canada won you must also admit RUS lost.. you cant have it both ways.

Yeah but I don’t think that matter…I guess many people "over there" like that judge now…its easier to let the home nation get the gold than get loud protests from them.

I’m not saying its because he is American.. its because America is the home nation. But that’s just my opinion…

Well, I just read the Swedish netpaper aftonbladet.se and the main news today is that Johann Muhlegg is confirmed as a cheater. He have been tested positivly for EPO.

Just confirms what everybody allready knew....

I fucking hate cheaters!!!! sad.gif They ruin everything. They deserve to get shot or something...damn

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Benze @ Feb. 24 2002,02:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the judge who pointed out the korean guys cheatering wasn't american<span id='postcolor'>

he was Austrailian. Considering that Austrailians have some history of racism, I'm not surprised. Pauline Henson, PM Howard.(with the refugee a few months back?)