Sign in to follow this  
skickahit10

Artillery script

I didn't know about this section so I posted a thread in the addon-part of the forum.

Anyways, I made a realistic artillery script for ArmA.

This is no bullshit where shells will appear out of nowhere, this is the actual guns (M119s) in ArmA aiming and firing their weapons. All you have to do is click on the map and you'll have artillery shells raining down there within a minute or so!

Check out the misplaced thread here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=68597

which one is better? biggrin_o.gif

depends on what you are looking for.

I'd say mine is more realistic (if you consider the ArmA-engine realistic) judging from what I've seen of the code of the other script.

but both are probably good in their own way xmas_o.gif

i have 1 question:

Do we really hear the projectile sound coming before it hit the ground and explode, In MultiPlayer? thumbs-up.gif

I still dont get why people have to post their scripts/apps in a thread for a new script/app. Everyone prob knows about mr murrays script. And if i remember it only creates shells in the air, it dont fire the guns. This chap has posted his script because its new, if ppl want to readvertise their scripts/apps, then create a new thread.

Cheers

GC

Just look on ArmA.info there is about 20 Arty scripts just been released lawl.

@Cloughy

That´s right and I agree with that. But I´m sure that you missunderstood my concern.

I tested that script and it´s very great! Sickahit10 hat made

a great work with it.

It could be that he don´t know my script. And so he has the

chance to get new suggestions to his work from it. Why not?

That´s the only one reason for my post  tounge2.gif

I´m unfortunately very buzy with other things and so I can´t

invest time in a new version of my arty. It would be great if

there are an other guy brings a new way wink_o.gif

@Matt Rochelle

I´ve wrote you via ICQ

Best regads,

Mr-Murray

Quote[/b] ]i have 1 question:

Do we really hear the projectile sound coming before it hit the ground and explode, In MultiPlayer?

if the flysound is loud enough you will hear it. depending of used soundmod and unit.

some things should be said to the real shell artillery.

it has limited range

it needs terrain wich is at equal height for arty and target to work with full accuracy

mountains, large tress, houses in the flypath can get a big problem.

personally i prefer the real shell artillery, mainly cause of the sound of shells flying above your head and the fact that they have a nice dispersion in it.

there was a make artillery tutorial on ofpec wich shows how to do "artillery" with every barrel fired weapon in ofp, by using a real life formula for bullets flypath. it works for arma aswell.

I'm creating my own little piece of artillery script, but I'm having a problem combining the airfriction (drag) to the calculated muzzle velocity. I'm not a mathematician so all these predefined equations are a bit hard for me to understand instantly.

This is where I'm at:

- Muzzle velocity is said to be: _velocity = sqrt (4.9 * _distance / ((sin _angle) * (cos _angle)))

- This is what gets me the airFriction of any shell: _airfriction = getNumber (configFile >> "CfgAmmo" >> _ammo >> "airFriction")

- Arma drag model is said to be: _drag = _airfriction * _velocity^2

So with my logic I would then have the real muzzle velocity with this: _velocity + _drag

but this actually substracts the overall muzzle velocity for airfriction is a negative value.

Even when I substract the _airfriction from the _velocity the shells still fall short.

Any corrections or general ideas? huh.gif

i'm looking for a decent arty script to just target an area when BLUFOR enter it.. as if the AI are opening fire on them.. band.gif

Doesn't Mr. Murrays script/mission have this? West detected by East, and it rains down HE shells on west. I'm working on my own variation on this now, where enemy first fires an adjust fire, smoke or HE, *very* randomly, then it starts raining HE or DPICM is there is a safe distance. Otherwise, illumination (placed rather smart) or smoke (also smart) is used instead.

I've modified the Domination mission to include this, the AI will now use artillery against us, and it's great fun. I've set the default M119 arty to use the original shell though, and a new simulated M198 arty to use 125mm HE. Unfortunately, getting my "script" to work properly in multiplayer is not an easy task with my rather limited skillset sad_o.gif

Anyways, for simulated quick fires against you, I think Mr. Murrays script is the way to look.