Sign in to follow this  
Yossarian

M14 EBR

I need some help here. (see pic bellow for illustration). For the aimpoint style scope, is this how I do things? ArmA supports proper Alpha textures? So if I use a spline box (one sided) it will look normal? I could use these for glass and ret textures?

scopequestion.jpg

I've never tried to make a weapon for 1st person view before. huh.gif

Updates: Short-dot, silencer, front grip are all fully unwrapped and ready to be textured. (as you can see). So that hard part is done! All 3 are on one texture. The rets&glass will be on a third because I forgot about them/don't know how they work banghead.gif

Thanks for the pics H.H..

Also, I've agreed to let RobertHammer have the sniper version of the gun exclusively for his RH mod (because he's been so kind and put the gun in-game for me). I'll probably release a mini-addon with a few versions of the EBR, but you'll see the sniper version first in RH's mod. thumbs-up.gif

Also, I've agreed to let RobertHammer have the sniper version of the gun exclusively for his RH mod

Ok, good idea! No need to model a new barrel then, RobertHammer could just use the one (from regular M14) from the RACS pack.

Actually, I've already got the long barrel done. took about 2 seconds. I just take the verts of the original barrel and stretch em out a bit further. It stretches the texture on the back of the barrel, but it's mostly covered anyway. But ya, he'll get it when it's done.

How many versions/what combinations would you guys like to see? here's what you've got to play with right now: long barrel, short barrel, front grip, silencer, short-dot, irons, sniper scope

Actually, I've already got the long barrel done. took about 2 seconds. I just take the verts of the original barrel and stretch em out a bit further. It stretches the texture on the back of the barrel, but it's mostly covered anyway. But ya, he'll get it when it's done.

How many versions/what combinations would you guys like to see? here's what you've got to play with right now: long barrel, short barrel, front grip, silencer, short-dot, irons, sniper scope

Err... well, the version with a longer barrel has a regular M14 muzzle flash hider, not the one u already have. Front grip is not a must-have, I think, but that's just my 2 cents.

Me and RobertHammer have been working hard getting these finished and in-game. There's around 5/6 different versions. New sounds. New config (thanks to RH). Updated ammo box.

They're working fine, but need some tweaking and polishing still. Mainly sorting the scope out.

Great news! And SO many modifications!! U guys did a good job. Any chance that u could show us a few WIP pics?..

Also, since it's never too early to think about the future, have u ever thought of ur next weapon project?..  icon_rolleyes.gif

Imagine this weapon in-game!

http://www.fnhusa.com/product....FNM0042

(click on the pic to see larger version)

And it won't be extremely difficult to model since there already is a good M294 base for it - the one from the RACS weapon pack, so u will only need to change the font part of the weapon... (I am sure RobertHammer would be able to put both parts together after that) Well, it's just a thought.

Hopefully, one day Mk48 will replace the SAW and M240, at least that's the plan.

m14-Plate3.jpg

In-game WIP. ShortDot and Silencer.

The white sparkle is from the normal/spec maps. They haven't been updated to match the new texture yet. That will be fixed.

RH has done an awesome DMR/sniper version. Hopefully he'll let you see it.

m14-Plate2.jpg

Hi all,

My Yossarian's tweaked Mk14 EBR sniper version pics smile_o.gif

titled1kc1.jpg

titled11sr9.jpg

I very like this model and will be in my modern weapons pack wink_o.gif

Ok guys, I need some expert help again. Looking at the BIS aimpoint, I found this:

BIS-aimpoint.jpg

Here is the view you see while aimed. How can I make one of these for the Short Dot Scope? Where would the geometry go in the 3d model, and how in the config could I get it to display properly.

I really need some help with this guys. It is what's halting the addon's release. How in gods names did BIS get this to work? banghead.gif

It's just too bloody good to be true... But it IS true!

They did it!! The very first in BIS gamez, the one & only awesome pack of M-14EBR!!!

Gentlemen, thank you SO much! Everything looks perfect!

And with these weapons, SLA is doomed smile_o.gif

(And plz, do make backup copies of those models)

Thanks Zadoff!

about my next weapon, I haven't really thought about what it will be. First I want to get this one done right, and that won't happen until I get the Short-Dot looking nice and working well.

Also, I've started working on making new character models. Delta assaulters to start with. wink_o.gif

thanks for the support mate thumbs-up.gif

Hi, in that "scopequestion" i think that that's the right way of do

it; 1St (closer to the eye) Mil-Dot reticle 2Nd (far from the eye)

the colour of the glass (like in the BIS Aimpoint, booth with the

alpha channel) i think that that will work.

And... about what EBR versions i'll like to see... :

-Iron sighted

-ACOG

-M68 Aimpoint

-Leupold

-Elcan DR Specter

all 'em supressed and unsupressed; that's what i'll like to see, but

i'll be happy just with an ACOG & M68 version; that EBR still looks

really great. Let's C ya

thanks for the tip wipman.

I've been trying out a bunch of different things for the scope. Each one seems to have a downside:

1. aimpoint style. The view through the scope is way WAY too small because of perspective. And, it's ugly as hell (my fault, because it's my first try).

2. "optika_" style. This uses a mask or some kind of 3d shape. What it looks like though is a standard old-school texture ret. Also, it looks bad on widescreen because the edges get blacked out. Ok, but not great.

3. Currently trying to get a new "optics only" model working, so you'll look though a seperate model when scoped.

The Good news:

I've got the zoom working exactly the way I want. Using the +/- keys (default) you can zoom between standard magnification (no-zoom) and 4x zoom (about the same as ACOG). I'm hitting targets at ~450meters first shot, almost every time. biggrin_o.gif

Hi, i'll like to bring more help man, but my thing are the textures...

sorry. Let's C ya

Great news! And SO many modifications!! U guys did a good job. Any chance that u could show us a few WIP pics?..

Also, since it's never too early to think about the future, have u ever thought of ur next weapon project?.. icon_rolleyes.gif

Imagine this weapon in-game!

http://www.fnhusa.com/product....FNM0042

(click on the pic to see larger version)

And it won't be extremely difficult to model since there already is a good M294 base for it - the one from the RACS weapon pack, so u will only need to change the font part of the weapon... (I am sure RobertHammer would be able to put both parts together after that) Well, it's just a thought.

Hopefully, one day Mk48 will replace the SAW and M240, at least that's the plan.

Didn't RobertHammer post a WIP for the Mk48? I thought I saw it somewhere on his discussion thread, at least I think it was on his, but after a brief skim I couldn't find it. I agree though, I'd love to see that beast. The 7.62 rounds are raw in full auto , the suppression ability and stopping power is magnificent. I had a chance(was lucky enough is a better way to put it) to pop off a few boxes two weekends ago and I fell in love. Since most of it is very similar in construction to the M249, it has a familiar feeling. But the weight is beautiful. Around 18lbs, I believe.

Yes, just scroll a few pages backwards at the RH's thread - there are two pics of Mk48. What was recoil like on that real Mk48? Must be a bit stronger than the regular SAW...

Yossarian - thank you for the update! U might want to reconsider that "black screen:" style optics for the ShortDot - the easiest way to get a good result, I think.

I guess it's pretty much ready to be released. I've just been waiting because I'm not all that happy with it. The textures/normals/specs aren't that great.

Just doesn't look as nice as I imagined it. confused_o.gif

Maybe I need to figure out how to do RVMATs...

Release it as a BETA and work on it when you can and or want to. People can't or at least shouldn't moan. smile_o.gif

Yossarian, this is perhaps one of my favorite boom sticks, I love the new high tech M14 versions, thanks for bringing it to the game. thumbs-up.gif