Sign in to follow this  
Yossarian

Operational Det. Alpha (ODA)

1 suggestion, if they are infact a-team, why not rename the units like IRL. for example 18-C , 18-B, 18-E instead of SF. dont remeber what all the letters meant, but u can google it...

here we go: http://www.goarmy.com/special_forces/team_members.jsp

18-C is engineering sergeant

18-B weapons sergeant

18-D medical sergeant

etc.

If anyone needs any help on this mod, then PM me. I am a serving SF member - no shit, I am in the gaming community and the guys at BIA such as Gordon and Pete know me. I am the Operator that introduced VBS to the Special Warfare Center here at Ft Bragg, NC which was subsequently purchased for training. BIA came to Ft Bragg and I acquainted them with our community. I have 20 years in this line of work and would like to see these mods handled correctly.

1 suggestion, if they are infact a-team, why not rename the units like IRL. for example 18-C , 18-B, 18-E instead of SF. dont remeber what all the letters meant, but u can google it...

18-B weapons sergeant

18-D medical sergeant

etc.

If anyone needs any help on this mod, then PM me. I am a serving SF member - no shit, I am in the gaming community and the guys at BIA such as Gordon and Pete know me. I am the Operator that introduced VBS to the Special Warfare Center here at Ft Bragg, NC which was subsequently purchased for training. BIA came to Ft Bragg and I acquainted them with our community. I have 20 years in this line of work and would like to see these mods handled correctly.

Yes, Hatchet is very knowledgeable on this subject. Hey, you still out there at the Home of the Airborne?

18-B weapons sergeant

18-D medical sergeant

etc.

Hi Hatchet, I know who you are. Thanks for the offer. (I'm JTF-2 at the gr.net forums. You gave me a bunch of m24 sniper rifle references pictures a while back as well as some info here and there.) Your support is immensely appreciated. You should try out ODA v1.0. thumbs-up.gif

No shortage of good people around here. biggrin_o.gif

18-B weapons sergeant

18-D medical sergeant

etc.

Hi Hatchet, I know who you are. Thanks for the offer. (I'm JTF-2 at the gr.net forums. You gave me a bunch of m24 sniper rifle references pictures a while back as well as some info here and there.) Your support is immensely appreciated. You should try out ODA v1.0. thumbs-up.gif

No shortage of good people around here. biggrin_o.gif

Thanks bugkill and JTF. I DL'ed the mod and loaded it into VBS2. I have AA but we use VBS2. It runs fairly well although it does induce a slight bug into the mix. If there is anything I can do and am able I will assist as I can. Good to see the two of you here.

Do AA addons work in VBS2 then?......I watched the promo on VBS 2 with the tracers, best and most realistic I've seen yet...btw, it's Argyll from GR.net here. wink_o.gif

Any chances this thing will update to v.2 anytime soon? biggrin_o.gif I was thinking the other day... "SPON Attachment v.3.0 + M14 EBR + these guys = the makings of a nifty little mission". Hey...gotta give something back to all the expert scripters and addon-makers out there, eh?

Anyway, just curious. You may consider the above a carrot. biggrin_o.gif

Regards,

Wolfrug

Any chances anybody makes a unit replacement with these units?

God I second that. I wish someone would make em for the IDF, insurgents, the lowland guerillas, etc too but that's a different story. I've been trying to make em but I can't get em to work.

Do AA addons work in VBS2 then?......I watched the promo on VBS 2 with the tracers, best and most realistic I've seen yet...btw, it's Argyll from GR.net here. wink_o.gif

Hey Argyll, long time no see. My visits here are kind sporadic depending what else I have going on. Always good to hear from you.