Sign in to follow this  
m4r1ne

Insurgent Idea

Ok i know you guys are gonna say theres another insurgent thread, but look anyway. You all know how you can have custom faces? I saw how the VTE mod made VC like faces with it and not changing the model. So would it be possible to make a insurgent pack like this? I made the custom face, its not that good but it gives an idea.....the one i have is just for player use, this isnt a new unit.

62ekfi8.jpg

5zpyubs.jpg

62fagkk.jpg

Yeah that was me with that shemag on. It actually looks pretty good ingame.

The Vietcong's model from VTE mod actually turns out really good for Insurgents. Forexample the black clothing is something al-Qaeda wears while the Insurgent also has slippers and a shemag on. Until we get the real Insurgents this is a pretty good work around. It would be nice if someone could just script this like someone scripted the African insurgents.

I thought about that, and me and my freinds all made custom faces for ourselfs.

But, the issue I think is.

We finaly have the tools, why not make a new model?

yuh know?

People arent making them though or at least thier not releasing them for a while....so why not a quick alternative?huh.gif

Well Kerry we have no idea on how to use the tools to make them.

Also these still look pretty good.

If someone can like script these faces onto the model like they did with the African milita we can have a very quick alternative for some Iraq/Afghanistan missions.

more to add, not just the african militia did this, but the VTE mod, for the OPFOR VC and NVA. They had custom faces for the AI, why cant this be done?

If you just DE-PBO the African Insurgents addon you might be able to get your hands on the scriptin g or whatever that guy did!

wink_o.gif

Yeah the shemagh is painted on but it actually looks quite good and there is nothing out for Insurgents anyway.

Anyone know the coding on how to script these faces always on a model?

Also if you guys want... you can post your custom face's with different designs for Insurgents.

As this can turn out pretty good.

well looking good, just woundering, cant u make iraqi insurgents with beards ?

anyway nice job, keep up the good work mate

Yeah XIRA we can try making un shemagh'ed faces with beards and such.

However we have no clue on how to script these faces onto the civilians or Opfor and then on how to make a .PBO for it.

Can anyone who has done this explain the process for me?

The addon config for the insurgent units:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgVehicles

{

class CAManBase; /*extern*/

class PMC_militia1: CAManBase

{

scope = 2;

access = 1;

side = 0;

vehicleClass = "PMC_militia";

displayName = "Militia (AK74)";

nameSound = "Tango";

model = "\ca\characters\civil_1_tshirt";

accuracy = 0.6;

camouflage = 1.2;

threat[] = {1, 0.05, 0.05};

weapons[] = {"AK74", "Throw", "Put"};

magazines[] = {"30Rnd_545x39_AK", "30Rnd_545x39_AK", "30Rnd_545x39_AK", "30Rnd_545x39_AK", "30Rnd_545x39_AK", "30Rnd_545x39_AK"};

cost = 4000;

class eventhandlers

{

init = "_this execVM ""\PMC_militia\scripts\faces.sqf""";

};

formationX = 2;

formationZ = 5;

class Wounds

{

tex[] = {};

mat[] = {"ca\characters\data\civil_1_tshirt_shorts_klapky_ksiltka_hhl.rvmat", "ca\characters\data\civil_1_tshirt_shorts_klapky_ksiltka_hhl_wound1.rvmat", "ca\characters\data\civil_1_tshirt_shorts_klapky_ksiltka_hhl_wound2.rvmat", "ca\characters\data\civil_tshirt_body.rvmat", "ca\characters\data\civil_tshirt_body_wound1.rvmat", "ca\characters\data\civil_tshirt_body_wound2.rvmat"};

};

};

And then the \scripts\faces.sqf script:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_unit = _this select 0;

_array = ["face26","face27","face28","face29","face30","face31","face32","face33","face34","face35","face36","face37","face38","face39","face40"];

_facial = (_array select (random ((count _array) - 1)));

_unit setface _facial;

Now that face numbering is of course the default black faces, to create afrikan militia. But I assume if you changed these face .paa files and check their numbering, then just change the script accordingly. Oh and I have no idea what color/scheme the civilian model is in my example, it was just the first I snatched for this post.

Hope that helps.

Yeah I got a script and the coding and such and made it a .pbo addon. But when I look for it in the editor it does not show up on either sides. Leading me to think there is a way to set it to opfor somewhere that I do not know.

Also the faces are jpg's not paa's. Would I have to convert?

Pvt.Killer, did you guys make that custom face in the most recent picture???

UPDATE:

here are my newest versions for you all interested in helping  smile_o.gif

67806mf.jpg

5x5w1kx.jpg

Everything is looking Excellent! I cannot wait, finally time somebody made a proper insurgent mod. I just want to make a few suggestions though. I would be happy to help playtest

>.> <.<

Some insurgent fashion tips for ya!

First off, always use the red tablecloth color for facemask, It looks way better than gray or black, and it is more traditional middle eastern insurgent.

http://img.timeinc.net/time/daily/2005/0510/wbomber1016.jpg

Notice how an extra band of cloth goes over the ears, and across the forehead? try to represent that with your re-skin. Maybe have the color slightly darker, that way, it will be hard to see that is is painted over the ears.

Here are some good clothing combinations if you would like them:

A) White T-shirt, black sports pants with stripes running down legs, or blue denim jeans (they always look great). Recommended for the basic rifleman.

B) Vertical-stripped white shirt (button up, short sleeve) stripes are black, and very thin, it can also be a plaid grey shirt. Pants are either blue denim jeans, brown shorts. Sports pants also acceptable. Highly recommended for RPG gunner.

Look at the main character in this picture. That is what I am getting at.

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j....rge.jpg

C) Sky blue T-shirt, with black vest painted (skinned) over the chest area and black pants, or blue denim jeans. Recommended for grenadier or machingunner.

Here is a good example

http://www.defensetech.org/archive....ing.jpg

D) red head cloth (like the rest) black t-shirt, and brown/tan shorts. Recommended for IED technician/SF or sniper

whistle.gif what did you do with faces, applying cloth textures on head is not going to produce good Insurgency pack... it has to be a model... Just like it was done in OFP.

daim, that was a good video!

I liked the camera shake!

but anyways, back to the face.

its lookin GREAT!

and USSR, this is only a for now addon. this will be a space filer until we get the full Al-Quida insurgency stuff.

EDIT: OH MY GOD!!! IT JUST HIT ME!!!

we should find out how to do the Dynamic Voice thing, the thing that XAM has!!!!

so the insurgents can yell "Allah Akbahr!" and all that stuff!!!!!

Are you planning on making them with better cloths like rags and crap cause that would look much better but apart from that GREAT WORK XD