Sign in to follow this  
m4r1ne

Insurgent Idea

so do you think you can try to put a robe tyype thing on him? (sorry I dont know the exact name, dont mean to offend any sensetive person)

that rob thing is called a dishdasha or as we called it over there a "fucking man-dress"! these things stunk to high heaven. they wipe their nose with the towel on their head, and a few of them don't have anything under that man dress

crazy_o.gif

now imagine patting them down for weapons!

Quote[/b] ]man-dress. among English-speaking troops stationed in Iraq, the dishdasha (also dishdash or thobe), a long robe-like garment commonly worn by men in Arab countries. It is similar to a jellaba without a hood.

http://www.doubletongued.org/index.php/dictionary/man_dress/

crazy_o.gif

someone asked if i could help them out with this... i don't know shit about scripting/modding/editing/etc... i can give ideas if you wish though  tounge2.gif

PMD, i wish i could make extremely authentic insurgents, but no one can get thier new models for units to work. Maybe in the future, but for now we will have these. BTW what branch were you in?

UPDATE:

We are proud to announce that we are done with our custom faces, and are now sending them in for an expert to config them.

Patches will follow if these get out there.

PMD, i wish i could make extremely authentic insurgents, but no one can get thier new models for units to work. Maybe in the future, but for now we will have these. BTW what branch were you in?

I'm in the U.S Marines, MOS is 0811 (cannoneer/m198 howitzer, but we are currently moving to 0814/HIMARS operator)

like i said, if you want some ideas then hit me up. but i still will probably shoot a guy on sight if i see one of those faces rofl.gif

Hey PMD, contact me at:

AIM: M4r1ne 530

Xfire: USMCMarine530

Steam: USMCMarine530

lol. PMD is on my team!  tounge2.gif

and PMD , do u have Xfire? please PM it to me if you do. I got sum stuff 2 ask.

lol, and that beared looks like sombody used a sharpie! rofl.gif

yea we noticed how it looked way too dark, so we adjusted it and it looks much better. The insurgent pack should be done by next week people.  smile_o.gif

Thank you to all the people who have helped make this.

lol. PMD is on my team!  tounge2.gif

and PMD , do u have Xfire? please PM it to me if you do. I got sum stuff 2 ask.

lol, and that beared looks like sombody used a sharpie!   rofl.gif

only use MSN messenger

showoff_2004@hotmail.com

Quote[/b] ]We are proud to announce that we are done with our custom faces, and are now sending them in for an expert to config them.

Emmm I don't think you need an expert to make a config for faces... That is about the first thing I learned. You can just open FI SWM's face addon, take there config and chang the paths...

:0..............

thats sort of what we have been trying for.

the only problem is, none of us know how to model...so we arent getting a new model, only a basic "retex"..i guess... close to a retex.. confused_o.gif

id call him an expert, because i have no clue on what i do lol.

Remember people, im making this addon to have some quick insurgents so we can wait patiently for the good ones. So thats it really. If you dont like them, then whatever..

Rebl man, i use to use your insurgent pack in the old OFP days, you thinking of transfering them?

Rebl man, i use to use your insurgent pack in the old OFP days, you thinking of transfering them?

well not atm, I'm will make a city first, then i will think about make insurgents in ArmA.

Ohhh!

make Fallujah!!!!

biggrin_o.gif

I remmebr playing with your Insurgents too! they were great!

Alright, Marine... what is the news?

its been a while... you said a few days.. whatup?

Finally some Devil Dogs getting in the mix and getting us some good ol'Haji's (I think that is how you spell it)

Just call me Meatball, I served in OIF 1 and 2 and was an 0311 Infantry Rifleman. My second tour was in Fallujah, and I have been itchin to get some Middle Eastern Radical Islamic terrorist addons. Whats up Marine, how is it coming along with your insurgents?

Finally some Devil Dogs getting in the mix and getting us some good ol'Haji's (I think that is how you spell it)

Just call me Meatball, I served in OIF 1 and 2 and was an 0311 Infantry Rifleman.  My second tour was in Fallujah, and I have been itchin to get some Middle Eastern Radical Islamic terrorist addons.  Whats up Marine, how is it coming along with your insurgents?

well, theyre just "basic reskins" I guess. just holding off till we get some true awesome ones! confused_o.gif

I cant wait till then I need some now. I am willing to learn how to make units. ATM I have some free time on my hands. Only thing I need is to be pointed into the right direction.

1. Where do I start? (What tools do I need)

earlier in this thread, you all where kind of helping each other in different areas.

Is there anyone out there that would like to work together on this project?

The Armed Assault community needs some Radical Islamic terrorist addons and if nobody else is making them then I will have to do it myself. Do I have any volunteers?

Guys can you send me the face textures what you have, I've read/heard that you cant get them configured into addon so I could do that for you (I think heh). I'm also wanting to get some dirty insurgents to fight on at my desert terrain, the SLA just seems somehow so out of place in there.

So if I can help, I'm happy to do so. You can rar up the images and email to me in tactical at nekromantix dot com.

VXR getting those insurgents ingame soon would be great, things are getting unstable up in the northern provinces of Saudia Arabia, why some of us might have to deploy there soon whistle.gif