Sign in to follow this  
spartan135

To eliminate ArmA hackers

because of dynamic IPs and so on ...

But we all know that game id's are just as dynamic when the user knows how confused_o.gif

IP Range however..

A large part of internet connections do not have a static IP, so it wouldn´t do much to them as the reconnect and have a fresh IP.

A large part of internet connections do not have a static IP, so it wouldn´t do much to them as the reconnect and have a fresh IP.

IP ranges worked for ofp. Dont use a single ip use a range. Works fine... But you may ban a couple good guys in the process.

What's the average size of these IP ranges in geographical terms? It sounds somewhat unfair for people living in densely populated areas. I'd hate it if some semi-sentient fecal matter that lives in close proximity to me would ruin the remnants of my nearly non existent MP enjoyment of this game.

to leave out a good player because of a cheater is not an option , there must be another way

What's the average size of these IP ranges in geographical terms? It sounds somewhat unfair for people living in densely populated areas. I'd hate it if some semi-sentient fecal matter that lives in close proximity to me would ruin the remnants of my nearly non existent MP enjoyment of this game.

hunt him down like a DOG  rofl.gif

Exact IP's can be unbanned so if you fall into that you can contact the server admins with your IP and ID to conferm that you have legal copy bit of a pain for a few but can be worked out...

best to have a static IP i know i pay for mine or if you are behind a router can also cause some problems but im not about stop range banning from what i see on the servers crazy_o.gif

Why not make bans IP-based rather than Player ID-based?

ID banning works only if the cheater is a dumbass and doesn't use a fake ID when he cheats.

half these idiots are using ID changers so its pointless banning fake ID's... sad_o.gif

hunt him down like a DOG  rofl.gif

Exact IP's can be unbanned so if you fall into that you can contact the server admins with your IP and ID to conferm that you have legal copy bit of a pain for a few but can be worked out...

best to have a static IP i know i pay for mine or if you are behind a router can also cause some problems but im not about stop range banning from what i see on the servers  crazy_o.gif

and how would someone even know they are range banned? or where to go to get their IP un-banned? or why would anyone believe them? Are only people you know or people you know who know them going to be able to be unbanned?

But I dont think a IP range banlist, is wise. Innocent people are being kicked an banned now through ID.

Unless theres some real proof given for each and everyone of the IP ranges to ban. I couldnt support it, I could hardly support it then either.

I think for the ones who cause the serious trouble of destroying rooms they should be the only ones who get on the range banlist.

we've tried to stay away from it as long as possible but nothing else seems to be work. i'm not about to put a password on my server. great... now you have a locked server, good luck trying to get people on.

untill there is a better system (which will be made later down the road) i think the only thing we can do to these guys IS range ban.

i feel the same way as you do oChaos.DNJ. i dont know if your in a squad/run your own server, but nothing seems to be working.

lesser of 2 evils

cheaters or no cheaters and have a few innocents banned but you can unban their IP if they hit you up on your forums.

please try wait for 1.09 beta or try utilize DSTS ... closing ...