Sign in to follow this  
red oct

Is medal of honor worth the purchase?

I think the main thing MOH:AA does good is the atmosphere. In all other aspects it a hotted quake clone. But as just a game its allright. But it will never stay around as long as OFP. It doesnt have that "in-depth" gameplay. No realism really.

I dont like that you cant sneak around, all out assault seems to be the best way to beat the nazis, even when there are hundreds of them.

Graphics and sound is great. AI is not good, seems to be "pre-scripted". Same thing happens every time U play.

Multiplayer I havent tried yet...but I think i could be fun. But I hate if U can rocketjump. And I really hate when people starts to jump when running all the time... sad.gif

Worth a buy I say, but dont expect to play it any longer time. Nothing revolutionary at all...

it is terribly prescripted, yes you are absoutely right. It is like going through a tunnel. It anoys me somehow, why didnt they enlarge the whole thing a bit.

Lots of different opinions here I see.

My two cents.

Good graphics.

Great atomsphere.

Solid levels in single play.

Nice additions, like germans speaking german for example.

Fairly smart AI (dodges, retreats, throws grenades, covers eachother, reloads in cover).

Good enough storyline.

Several war movie references that were easy to recognise and quite fun to see (mostly Saving private Ryan stuff)

MOHAA is so linear, and scripetd.. its more like watching a game than playing it the MP is a total loss as it plays like quake.. players run faster than jesse owens and carry an small arsenal.. its BS..

I could get it for FREE but I dont think its worth the Disk space.

well today i did get medal of honor, RTCW looked cool but they wanted 54 dollars for it! my god! it was probably due to the tin box that they for some reason decided to put in it. anyway the game is cool, and im really surprised on how well the graphics and performance dose on my machine. i thought personaly it would play like hitman and max payne on a rather high res. i dont have any complaints other than they left the blood and the detachable limbs out sad.gif i mean when i cap a Nazi in the head, i expect to see cherry pie splatter on the wall mad.gif i did see some of the blood patches though they are a step up in the realism i crave, its just not enough. but thats a small feature that i could do with out i guess. one thing that would be sweet is if they made a mod based on something like enemy at the gates only except your not always sniping. play as a russian grunt, in a russian city like stallin grad and have russian speaking soldiers.

yeah whats that game about? the nazis developing zombies?? doesnt sound like something i'd get if its worth it somebody tell me

the ohmaha invasion was pretty sweet, just wish they had more guys invading and some flame throwers. that and the mission where you steal and drive a german tank was cool.

"MOHAA is so linear, and scripetd.. its more like watching a game than playing it the MP is a total loss as it plays like quake.. players run faster than jesse owens and carry an small arsenal.. its BS.."

In my version of MOHAA you only have a primary weapon (rifle, SMG, bazooka OR support weapon) and a secondary (pistol) plus grenades. I dont call that an arsenal. its pretty standard.

Its anoying, now there are three threads about it, so we basically have to state our opnion three different times. And we are forced to give them in three different versions basically saying the same.

My point is: I like MOH but lets wait and see a few days from now.

I can still play Operation Flashpoint and I still get excited (especially messin around with the mission editor). But Medal of Honour shows 0% tolerance for a man like me who likes to take the backdoor, go through the backyard, mess around with the sea and the bunkers, blow up chairs ...... Cause it is totaly pre-scripted and the level looks like a clear-defined path that you have to follow. It basically is like a golden-cave. I know of myself that I get bored easily.

(RTCW defines itself rather as a multiplayer game, and in this area it beares great great fun)

RTCW is an absolutely quality game, it is really enjoyable as a FPS and this is coming from me, a hardcore realist when it comes to games. I dont mind the inclusion of zombies and such, because its done really well and its jsut dripping with atmosphere.

When I played MOH i wasnt even close to being impressed as when I played RTCW.

This was mainly because (at least imo) RTCW is so much more prettier, and it has a great story (if a little far fetched)

MOH tried to be too realistic without being realistic if you know what I mean, and I guess that doesnt work for me.

You ve become a Moderator? Since when? (I am not the fast type of person)

RTCW is great MP fun and it is well thought trough so each weapon has euqal weight of advantages and disadvantages and the maps offer great potential for strategies. Today I am going to check out MOH multiplayer over Gamespy. Lets see how it works.

(BTW the best blood patch for MOH is called "User-qCovakBlood.pk3", it is not overdone and harmonises with the game Here you find patches)

Since a couple of days ago, was asked by a couple of pals so I politely accepted the offer.

Didnt I say that you got a bit of a swiss diplomat,. They were right to ask you! Anyway, i m gonna find your weak spot where even you can get anoyed. There must be a topic in this world where you get  mad.gif

I dont know what is wrong with my MOH cause I can hardly access any multiplayer game, (try but fail to access the server)

i dont really play much online for except tribes 2. is MOH fun online? is the tank that you drive available in online?