Sign in to follow this  
{9thInf}Winchester Delta1

Illegal 10 digit id error while Legal PLEASE HELP

HEllo guy's a clan member of me has a problem.. and i hope you guy's can help,

He has a 10 digit ID and he bought his game legally a Uk version downloaded from a link on the Official ARMA website..

But evrytime he joins, ouer server kicks him and say's Illegal versions will degrade or something... We heard some rumours that 10 digit ID's are illegal so we are filtering those ID numbers now...

1 question... Is 10 digit ID's legal? (please official people answer this question so we will al know it)

2 question... What can he do to fix this if 10 digit ID's are illegal. (and don't come with buy a new one)

Also he turned into a bird this last day's while playing. I heard that is because of illegal version also..

He is playing this game allready for about 6 months and al this stuff just happend in the past few day's after he downloaded the patch 1.5 to 1.8 after a total reinstall and got the new key from the page he downloaded it from (www.metaboli.co.uk). From this point this weird things started to happen.

Thanks for the time... hoping for an answer.

Quote[/b] ]2 question... What can he do to fix this if 10 digit ID's are illegal. (and don't come with buy a new one)

Nice try icon_rolleyes.gif

But to answer your question :

buy the game

Only with Metaboli: Support 7 days a week

http://www.metaboli.co.uk do not have armed assault in the game listing.

Tell him to keep pressing the "generate serial" button for 30 min, maybe he get a 9 digits id then. And looks like that crack he is using doesn't work very well with fade.

How can you say 10 digit IDs are illegal? We have had no official say on this but i dont think we will as BIS doesnt control ID the publishers do they make the keys... Obviously when a certain amount are sold they have to go to more IDs. there alot of 10 digit ids and everyone is banning them and saying they are illegal...

How can you say 10 digit IDs are illegal? We have had no official say on this but i dont think we will as BIS doesnt control ID the publishers do they make the keys... Obviously when a certain amount are sold they have to go to more IDs. there alot of 10 digit ids and everyone is banning them and saying they are illegal...

You really think ArmA will sell more than one thousand million copies? Sounds rather optimistic in my opinnion. Obviously I don't know the algorithm used but I guess all IDs between 0 and 999999999 could be legit, unlike cd-keys on which you have to have mostly wrong possibilities.

Actually Stryda, we have wink_o.gif

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....76;st=0

post 2, the original thread has been pruned i believe.

Who is Wildgoose? huh.gif

I mean don't get me wrong - if it's confirmed then ok

but because Wildgoose who i don't know said it's confirmed,

doesn't mean to me it's confirmed.

Even Wildgoose will understand my opinion here.

If this is a secret information for only those who run a server,

i will accept it but as long as there's no official information,

i can't believe it for 100%.

@{9thInf}Winchester Delta1

Where does your information come from which made you

decide to ban 10digits?

-Wildgoose

-BIS or publisher

-dedicated Server installation documentation

-rumors

-your own theory

-EA games

-anybody else here on the forums

-George Bush

If you ask me, there are only two in this list, which would

confirm the truth about this information.

~S~ CD

Chris Death

if you go back to that topic and read the posting from Wildgoose once again then you would notice that he is quoting Ondrej there.

How much more official you need it if the lead developer confirms it? wink_o.gif

@wolle : how about a permanent topic in the 'news' forum, like all other official announcements.

I can quote anyone, doesn't mean its official.

Never trust a copied source - how do you know it's the truth or if its been twisted or not?.

I would want to see an actual post by Maruk or another member of the BI team informing us that they are illegal id's. I highly doubt 9thInf members (who are a well respected clan i've known for years) are going to post that they have an illegal id?

Off course, it could just be pranksters pretending to be them. whistle.gif

Chris Death

if you go back to that topic and read the posting from Wildgoose once again then you would notice that he is quoting Ondrej there.

How much more official you need it if the lead developer confirms it? wink_o.gif

Right you are Wolle - didn't notice the signature of the quote. whistle.gif

@JasonO - off course it's possible to modify the content of

a quote, but in case it's a quote from a BIS member or a

moderator - be sure the wrong text wouldn't stay there

for very long and the person who did it would receive a

warning level or even more. wink_o.gif

~S~ CD

FYI: I did look for the original post, as i understand that it may not be 'official' if that guy modified it or anything like that. But unfortunately after checking the date of Suma's post (1st July i think) and going back through the threads in the multiplayer section, the threads have been pruned since so i cannot get it.

But yes a breif sticky about 10 digits being illegal would be good smile_o.gif

FYI: I did look for the original post, as i understand that it may not be 'official' if that guy modified it or anything like that. But unfortunately after checking the date of Suma's post (1st July i think) and going back through the threads in the multiplayer section, the threads have been pruned since so i cannot get it.

But yes a breif sticky about 10 digits being illegal would be good smile_o.gif

Well, like i already said Jack;

if one would modify an official statement from Suma, it

wouldn't take long that the modifier would lose his abilities

to post/edit anything here on the forums and the original

content would reapear.

Especially if it's not about some chit-chat but stuff like

what we are talking about now.

~S~ CD

So, Winchester, what did you find out about your friend? Why hasn't he contacted the people he bought it from?

I think that as of right now there are no legal 10 digit IDs but possibly in the future when they release more CDs or even for this expansion that is coming out they might move to 10 digit. Perhaps this is why BIS doesn't want to "block" 10 digit in a quick patch?

He has a 10 digit ID and he bought his game legally a Uk version downloaded from a link on the Official ARMA website..

But evrytime he joins, ouer server kicks him and say's Illegal versions will degrade or something...

FAKE FAKE FAKE.. wink_o.gif He's lieing to you, shoulnt even be in the clan for that..

Anyways if thats what that guy said about Suma im sure if it was false Suma would of stated that it was false.