Sign in to follow this  
Somerville

Sahraniville Thread: UPDATED 04/09/07

I think somebody should help them with scripting... this mission is awesome... civilian revolution rox biggrin_o.gifyay.gif

Edit: 10/26/2007

Yesterday I was playing in new ver of this mission, I've noticed that a lot of people who was trying to get on the server was missing EditorUpdatev102.

I know that it's not that simple to find this addon... so I've made it for all of you.

And here it is:

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Editor Update v.102</span>

In new ver are salesmen biggrin_o.gif and also sound when you rob the bank :P

This was the new Version of the 101st Clan. But we try to fix the problem with the Editor Update so you didnt need it to play.

It would be nice to add somehow siren also to the Humvees. I don't feel comfortable shooting behind cars just to tell 'em to stop tounge2.gif .

There are laws set up already, we tryed to put them into the mission as a dialog that could be read but it didnt work.

I aint sure if its in the briefing already otherwise we could put it in there.

LAWS

ok thanks!

you shouldn't be using the hmmwv's any way unless your doing a raid... they arent police vehicles and shoudlnt have sirens on them. use the cop cars... with the advent of hyraxs porche now youll have no need for HMMWV for regular police duties now.

hey guys this map has been eating my free time. its very addictive. im sure youve seen me online sn.-Warhammer

me and some friends have come up with a few ideas.

leader roles

-police chief (leader of police)

_mayor (leader of civs)

-crime bosses

how about having the option to start a gang at your hideout, also to join a persons gang at there hideout?

also how about 2 sections of the island N and S

S being the law abiding area, with legitimate businesses

while the north is criminal and corrupt. thus you could try and keep crime from enetering at the checkpoints in corazol.

also more legitimate ways of making money, coimbined with incentives for making money. as in building houses like you dio hideouts, but various houses. mayby even place shops that people can buy stuff at?

as of now tyer is very little reasons for stying legitimate. its mostly geared towards being bad.

anyway canyt wait to see what ya have in store!

you shouldn't be using the hmmwv's any way unless your doing a raid... they arent police vehicles and shoudlnt have sirens on them. use the cop cars... with the advent of hyraxs porche now youll have no need for HMMWV for regular police duties now.

I guess you must've been lucky with your gaming experiences.

My game experience is, that using regular police cars after 15 minutes from the mission start is equal to jumping from one of the Corazol's prefabs. The outcome is same - you will die.

It's just too easy for civves to get guns and no matter how hard you try the game will turn to TDM, or even worse DM after some time.

Also, after yesterday's game I think it would be nice to have some sort of pull the person out of the car script.

Yesterday, as a cop I stopped a car, typed to direct chat "Get out !" and waited for some time. When nothing was going on I started to type "I said ge..." and the guy jumped out with AK in his hand and before I was able to press escape or do anything else he filled half of the magazine to my torso.

Hiden free guns should be removed... it 'turning' this game in to TDM. More handpistols smile_o.gif We need Desert Eagle! :]

More shops, restaurants, banks and places to earn money.

more more more crime city biggrin_o.gif

i agree, the weapond choises for civ's should be strongly limited, and i think it should be more limited for the cops as well, do you realy need the saw as a cop?

you could add pistol pack in this mission for civil.

what about add more slot ? have you grab help for scripting ?

I think places to buy guns should be limited. but there should be more well hidden weapon caches for civilians.

The problem with a lot of these suggestions guys is that you end up making the game more linear. The fact that Sahraniville is so open ended (ive played extreme RP games and games bordering on TDM..) is why i like it so much.

What you need is a decent admin in the server, and maybe somewhere to define your own rules at the start of a game (the cops decide the rules, in discussion with civs obviously) and i dunno if its possible but to 'note down the rules' into like a dialog or something like that, then when people join they get alerted of the rules and laws etc automatically, and then if they disobey the laws and rules of that particular game they can be kicked by an admin.

I like the hidden ammo boxes, but they need to be randomly placed, cause once you know where they are, people just rush and load up there, if they could be randomly placed across multiple possible locations, it would mean people have to look around for them, but theres still a chance they could be found biggrin_o.gif

Some people have been exploiting the PD by using cars to get over the front wall, so hopefully u can fix something for that.

I think also that its far too easy for civilians to get guns, all they do is get in a car, speed down south to Iguana, teleport, load up on guns (usually with someone with Scalar) and then come back with AK's and shoot everything until they die and it all starts again. I think guns should be made more expensive (and hopefully scalar fixed! :O) or something like randomly place the gun dealer(s) and stuff like that so it makes it more difficult to find them.

I dont know lol, i guess im just suggesting more dynamicity (is that even a word?), without restricting what people like to role play. biggrin_o.gif

I like the hidden ammo boxes, but they need to be randomly placed, cause once you know where they are, people just rush and load up there, if they could be randomly placed across multiple possible locations, it would mean people have to look around for them, but theres still a chance they could be found biggrin_o.gif

I agree with all what jack-uk wrote but not with this what I've quoted.

No hiden weapons, even if randomly placed!

New ideas

- I think civ's shouldn't see police markers on the map.

- When the bank was robed there should be activated convoy with new money guarded by AI's smile_o.gif (randomly placed), only police should know position of this convoy

I like your two new ideas, especially the cop markers one, only cops should be able to see the cop markers (and preferably have them live instead of 2 minute delay.. police would have some sort of tracking technology in vehicles i believe etc.)

Its impossible to ambush people when they know you're gonna be up ahead because of the markers wink_o.gif

Also maybe strengthen up those roadblocks? They dont really stop anything at all lol, something bigger, wider and stronger would be better, maybe a collection of objects like a few barrels, the current bar thing we got and something else i dunno, make it more useful biggrin_o.gif

Yeah, the roadblocks we have here now are mostly an eye candy - they won't stop a thing. Maybe those huge anti-tank barriers before someone models something more appropriate ?

Also I must agree with the cop markers being visible to civilians. Maybe civvies shouldn't have any markers at all ?

I think there should be more of a punishment if you die - therefore stopping so many gun fights - if players are worried about dying they wont get into so many fights

perhaps when you die you could go to hell or something (an island far to the north perhaps) depending on how many times you have died the longer you stay there. I dunno just an idea.

the dynamic war mission has you go to a POW camp when you die and you have to fight your way out thats quite good fun.

Perhaps you could be put in hospital and only let out when a doctor sees you.

Maybe it should annul all their progress ?

You had 1 000 000$ before ?

You had 5 Cudas and 3 choppers ?

Too bad, you're dead now. Now you're playing as a new person that had nothing to do with your previous alter-ego, therefore you start from nothing...

yeah you should just loose all your money I think that would sort it out -

make it more of a problem if you die

Death should be more of a big deal.

Perhaps if you earn enough you could build a high security home so you could at least sleep at night :-)

Maybe it should annul all their progress ?

You had 1 000 000$ before ?

You had 5 Cudas and 3 choppers ?

Too bad, you're dead now. Now you're playing as a new person that had nothing to do with your previous alter-ego, therefore you start from nothing...

welcome.gif YES YES and YES! yay.gif

And once again I agree with everything what jack-uk said.

Strengthen up those roadblocks, this will help a lot.

well, not sure, aftherall, the current road block is easy to set up, it's visible, and you can run it if you like ( though, if you run it, i'd understand the cop trying to shoot out a tire or 3 tounge2.gif )

part of this must be that the civs have to abey by some rules, if not, you got yourself a tdm.... pistols.gif

Something which i thought of before.. which would make there be more of a punishment.. is improved weapon disarmament.

For example, as a cop, usually you're shooting to incapacitate or whatever, but basically as it stands now, its kill or be killed. To make it more realistic how about making a criminal lose their weapon if they are injured by a cop? Then they have no weapon and have to give themselves up to a cop, they can then be arrested and spend their time in jail. Otherwise, they'll just get killed, and they'll have enough money to buy a car. The money will build up during the journey and then they'll buy a chopper, get to Rahmadi, get weapons and fly back and start over again. When people are arrested they have to serve their time (obviously sentances should be given in minutes otherwise people will just disconnect lol) and then fine them or something.

Death is an easy way out as it stands. Maybe instead of injuring add a weapon like a taser which when shot at a civvie with a weapon they get incapacitated (feign death anim) and then the weapons are removed from the player and then the cop can arrest them =)

Also another suggestion, move the jail next to PD? at the moment arresting someone is a little stupid because they end up at N Sahrani with no transport, and mistaken arrests can piss people off lol. And it would also make breakouts more common and add another factor to the game smile_o.gif

Here is some news comeing directly from somer, we are working on a new version that uses alot more dialogs so less action menu tings.

Also we are working on a new money system hopfully getting ride of the bugs, I aint allowed to tell you guys what its gonna be since its a supprise so you have to be patience.

So we are still working on it.

The Unknown

Sounds good matey! Hopefully you fix the money bug, although it is a laugh every once an a while lol...

Also, hopefully you can get the slags working down at the pimping section!!! Sometimes when I get a bit bored, I need to rent some bitches, but theres none to rent?huh.gif?? crazy_o.gif

Keep it up!