Sign in to follow this  
Mtn. Goat

C01: Convoy

Anyone having trouble with Convoy? Yesterday was the first time I decided to play it, and when I'm at the part where you defend Lamentin, it's so crazy! I keep dying goddamnit!

When the convoy earlier got busted, it was only me and a LAW Soldier left - so it's only me, my LAW guy, and a whole bunch of useless guys at Lamentin. And an M2A2 which keeps getting busted all the time...

Any advice/pointers guys? I tried using the Vulcan and it successfully took out the Mi24 but I got blown up at the end. I tried running up the road to take out the tanks before they entered the base - but one way or another, they're still gonna get in.

When it comes to escaping to the nearest friendly-occupied base, it's a suicide mission literally - let alone trying to defend Lamentin in the first place.

Any help totally appreciated guys.

Chris smile_o.gif

yeah, this mission is crazy. to finish it, i didn't defend lamentin. i escaped with some other soldiers, and made a long long long travel, to join the base. i made tons of detours to avoid the tanks. because they have the waypoint guard.

i tried this mission, a lot of time.

good luck.

wink_o.gif

The enemy tanks are going to get into the town no matter what you do so you might consider mining the town itself (I think there were mines in that ammo crate, anyway) and taking as many LAW rockets as you can carry. Pop those BMPs from behind buildings and whatnot, then do your damndest to scavenge enough AT ammo to take out the T-72s. You might consider taking some AT weapons and dropping them in a house so you can duck in and retrieve them later when the tanks crash you. IIRC when I beat it a loong time ago I left the Hind for last since he's not likely to find you among all the buildings. Stinger him once you've cleared out the tanks and infantry, then if I remember right a PBR came and got me.

Hmm, im going to try it. I'll report back

I played this just now with FFSX2.5 and its just forking nuts.

At least the enemy attacked you! I have been sitting in the village for ages and nothing turns up (although the chopper was shot down). At dark - o' clock, I went South and shot the enemy in the next village and stole their damaged M60 and still nothing happens.

Are they afraid of the dark? sad_o.gif

I love this mission.

I usual setup some AT mines etc around the village and load up on LAWs and wait for the fun. Try and keep as many of your guys alive as possible and arm them with LAWS and a stinger or 2.

I actually opened this mission up and added more east units etc, its a good fight, nice and long pistols.gif

Quote[/b] ]I remember right a PBR came and got me.

I had always problems with it. sometimes it doesn't want to leave, it seems to wait for other soldiers (dead soldiers crazy_o.gif )

yeah, PBR never worked for me either.

When you come to lamentain you notice the postion of tank near the house from there they do not move(i hope if you play mission many time ) before arriving of tank lay mines in road and the take all weapons which you can from vechicle park than you can easliy pass this

Is this mission have another possible ending than reaching hospital or sweat home.PBR is not working for me also.

Is this mission have another possible ending than reaching hospital or sweat home.PBR is not working for me also.

I never managed to trigger the end of it back then, i think the mission is just broken.

This mission took me 45 mins. I can say this is the hardest mission of Single Missions. I took a look at this mission in Mission Editor and it is HUGE.

I like this mission :P