Sign in to follow this  
max power

Cannot export to 3ds, Oxygen 2

I'm not sure what to include in this report. The program immediately crashes when I try to export the bisoldier.p3d to a 3ds called bisoldier.3ds.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

AppName: oxygen2pe.exe AppVer: 2.0.0.0 ModName: oxygen2pe.exe

ModVer: 2.0.0.0 Offset: 00005479

If anyone can help me find the information that is vital in diagnosing the problem, don't hesitate to pipe up! I tried setting the CPU affinity to CPU 0 but it doesn't make any difference.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ @ 2.5Ghz

2GB RAM

2 ATI Radeon X850s 256MB in Crossfire (but with it disabled since ArmA doesn't like it)

Windows XP Professional 32-bit

edit: Exporting seems to work when you don't export textures. I'm sure BIS know of this issue, but I'm putting this note here so they can find it easily since they asked for error reports.

It's just an RC people, remember that. Report the bug.

Why do you need 3ds export ?

Oxygen is tool for creating models for game Armed Assault and games based on same engine only. Engine of ARMA is using P3D file format only so export to another format as P3D is niot needed.. Addonmakers which are working in 3Dmax, Maya or other 3D programs can import their models to Oxygen via 3DS import and then finalize model in Oxygen.

I've been exporting all the time to get the uvmaps saved and into photoshop. Taking a screenshot of the uv editing window isn't the best solution wink_o.gif

I've been exporting all the time to get the uvmaps saved and into photoshop. Taking a screenshot of the uv editing window isn't the best solution wink_o.gif

In the UV Editor > UV Editor > Export > save.

You can scale the size of the UV's by checking specify dimensions.

Well F me. I never even looked for it. All this friggin time, lol. I've used that uv editor forever it seems but just overlooked it.

Well F me. I never even looked for it. All this friggin time, lol. I've used that uv editor forever it seems but just overlooked it.

Oxygen2 has all the tools you'd need plus more. smile_o.gif

I need the export because I am highly proficient in other tools and don't want to learn O2 at this time.

Thank you, Master85, for your input!

Same reason like here (3rd post)

Add the dlls of the O2 light and export works with textures, too.

Master85