Sign in to follow this  
Raptor

Tutorial for Visitor3 ?

Will someone write an clear and easy tutorial, how to use the tool ?

Maybe helpful for the newcomers. smile_o.gif

Like the old brssb ones.

We absolutly need some clear explanation on how to import Sarani objects ! How to export a map in the game. How to manage with .dem. How to manage with Satelite images. Etc etc !

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but in the biki tutorial under "How to Make Your First Map" it says:

"Create surface from Tools -> Textures..."

But I can't find any tab named "Textures" under the tools tab:

textt6.jpg

Is it an old tutorial or have I missed something? confused_o.gif

*lol* I made that remark in the Wiki discussion page just in this minute. wink_o.gif

I think it got stripped in the Personal Edition and the method of texturing is now a different.

That method is not used anymore in ArmA (guess tutorial was written when older version was used at the time). You must create a satellite map + mask and define the ground textures in the maplegend layer.cfg so you can import it into your island project using Tools -> Import Satellite + Mask. smile_o.gif

btw, where did I find the folder named : "basicmap\data" ?

Or should I create such folder?

Where did I find the objects, like roads?

What should I insert in the Field "Folder-Texture" ?

smile_o.gif

btw, where did I find the folder named : "basicmap\data" ?

Or should I create such folder?

Where did I find the objects, like roads?

What should I insert in the Field "Folder-Texture" ?

smile_o.gif

basicmap\data is just example folder. <yourmapname>\data.

objects and such must be extracted from plants/roads/buildings/signs/misc.pbo's in ArmA\addons and be put into working directory under;

ca\plants

ca\roads

etc..

At least that is what i have currently.

You mean

data/ca/plants/plants.pbo

data/ca/plants/roads.pbo

?

thanks for your help. smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

I don't suppose anyone has a (working) example of the RVMAT files mentioned inthe <project>.cfg file?

Sand,

Stone,

Rocks,

Grass etc?

Can someone pleeeeeeeeeeeeese make a quick simple tutorial crazy_o.gif

Ive tried using the BIS manual, but i can't get somethings working!! banghead.gif

I managed to raise the land, then place some trees and a building. But when i have a look in the bulldozer it can't load the textures, and i can't understand why. sad_o.gif

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums....-45.png

Hmmm... I don't know what i have done, but somethings not working now lol...

I keep getting these 2 error messages...

No entry '.CfgWorlds'.

and...

Shaders not valid (mismatch of exe and data?)

I changed the working path to p:\ca and these messages keep coming up sad_o.gif

Sorry for the noobish questions, but when i was making islands in OFP i used wrptool not visitor, so this is new to me smile_o.gif

when i was making islands in OFP i used wrptool not visitor, so this is new to me smile_o.gif

Same here wink_o.gif

I tried the whole evening to get my old Ofp island int V3 but didn't get forward no bit sad_o.gif

I'm really happy about the release but it's also totally new for me smile_o.gif

How is it possible with WRPTool created maps get in V3?

Can anyone help please?

Thanks wink_o.gif

ah, btw: wich programm can save pic's in png 16b greyscale?

I had tried many porgs but this wich I have (like Irfanview & Co) can just save as png 8b greyscale

maybe photoshop? Im trying to learn the visitor tool and just reading the satelite texture tutorial is making my head spin around biggrin_o.gif i wish they could like showed a little video tutorial on youtube or something on the steps of creating the textures. smile_o.gif

i would love to see like a picture showing how to setup the files in the map folders and also with pics describing the setup process with satelite images and stuff. Im having trouble understanding how do i use Legend and where do i put it and stuff. crazy_o.gif

I totally agree on the getting confused part commando, I am starting to tink we can only recreate tings that are in the real world cause it talks about satalite images all the time.

Can you actually still use the textures that come with the game?

Here is a Link for German Visitor 3 Setup & Interface Tutorial made by Alex.Sworn (this is alpha version, he is working on a complete tutorial with examples)

CLICK

Quote[/b] ]I totally agree on the getting confused part commando, I am starting to tink we can only recreate tings that are in the real world cause it talks about satalite images all the time.

Can you actually still use the textures that come with the game?

Slow down, making an island/terrain will take months of work, if you can't take the time to figure out the programs, you might not have the patience to finish a terrain... Writing tutorials is hard and boring work, especially when you have a new tool to play with smile_o.gif

The "satellite mask" is the texture applied to distant landscape in ArmA. It is created and imported as a large single file, but split into smaller parts for use in the game engine (to support terrain streaming). 1 pixel covers about 1 to 2 meters of the game world.

You also need to create a "layer mask", which tells ArmA which texture to apply to the landscape at close distances, and what ground clutter belongs in that area. It is the exact same size as the satellite mask, but uses colours to refer to a config to define terrain types..

These two images are created completely externally from visitor (eg, photoshop). Creating these two images should probably be one of the last steps in creating an island/terrain, allowing you to add representations of objects on the satellite map (eg, forested areas look darker than grass, even when no vegetation is rendered).

It may be possible to recycle some fragments of Sahrani's satellite mask, but realistically it will not make the task much easier than doing it from scratch.

Can someone please help me sad_o.gif

I have a small island, and ive placed a building down. But when i preview it in bulldozer mode, it says it can't load the texture confused_o.gif

Ive depbo'd the follow... CA, Buildings, Misc, Plants, Roads, Rocks and Signs.

Now i have placed the folders in P:\ directory, but that never worked, so i tried placing them in my default addons folder in ArmA, and that also never worked banghead.gif

Is there something im not doing right?

Cheers...

I have them in following setup:

P:\ca\buildings

P:\ca\plants

P:\ca\roads

etc etc..

LMFAO!

I swear i tried that banghead.gif

Hmmm well now its working, thanks for that matey notworthy.gif

Whats the best way to apply textures on hand made islands?

I have created a piece of land and now i need to texture it, but i can't seem to find any options to apply textures sad_o.gif

I got the time to learn the new program and make a island (did it before) but the point is I suck big time in photo shop so if I understand it correctly I can forget about makeing the island or atleast a textured version.

The last one I made used the nogova textures