Sign in to follow this  
snkman

How to stop ArmA deleting dead units in a Vehicle?

Hey guy's,

well i think thats a really damb feature, if you destroy a vehicle ( Tank, Car, Truck ... ) ArmA will always delete the unit's in the vehicle ( Cargo )

Is there any way to stop this?

I checked some pages at the WiKi and i found:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

ejectDamageLimit = 0.750000;

ejectDeadGunner = false;

ejectDeadCargo = false;

ejectDeadDriver = false;

ejectDeadCommander = false;

But when i put this in my ArmA vehicle config and set everything to true then after the vehicle was destroyed all units are thrown out of the vehicle and drop to the ground.

Well if someone know's a way how to get dead units sitting in the vehicle, after it was destroyed ( Like in OFP ) it would really help me a lot. smile_o.gif

I'd like to see a solution to this too, I always thought it was cool (in a creepy kind of way) to find Chinhook wrecks with dead soldiers still strapped in the back.

dont have a solution, but what do u want to do with dead bodies ?? let them in the vehicle, throw them in the air ... ??

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

ejectDamageLimit = 0.750000;

ejectDeadGunner = false;

ejectDeadCargo = false;

ejectDeadDriver = false;

ejectDeadCommander = false;

But when i put this in my ArmA vehicle config and set everything to true then after the vehicle was destroyed all units are thrown out of the vehicle and drop to the ground.

You said you set everything to true. What do you mean with this. What is everything. Let's make the most obvious assumption that you mean you set the ejectDead... variables to true in your config file.

When the name of the variables are ejectDeadGunner and so on. If you don't want to eject the units, then these variables should be set to false, not to true.

Just logical thinking, I've not done configs like these and have no idea if this actually helps you. I just saw a logic problem in what you said.

dont have a solution, but what do u want to do with dead bodies ?? let them in the vehicle, throw them in the air ... ??

For me it's just a general atmosphere thing. For some reason it's more thought-inducing to have dead bodies still trapped in vehicles than to have them ejected on the floor, or even worse just disappear.

I made a S&R mission in OFP once and the Chinhook that goes missing always had a different look, sometimes all the crew & passengers were still strapped inside, sometimes there was a trail of bodies as they had tried to eject, or had otherwise fallen out somehow. Very occasionally there were survivors. It was always interesting to have these details, and I'd like to see similar things in ArmA.

crew proxies are defined as selection DamageHide in cfgModels (model.cfg). It gets hidden when vehicle destroyed.

Can be fixed in your own addon only

For me it's just a general atmosphere thing. For some reason it's more thought-inducing to have dead bodies still trapped in vehicles than to have them ejected on the floor, or even worse just disappear.

I made a S&R mission in OFP once and the Chinhook that goes missing always had a different look, sometimes all the crew & passengers were still strapped inside, sometimes there was a trail of bodies as they had tried to eject, or had otherwise fallen out somehow. Very occasionally there were survivors. It was always interesting to have these details, and I'd like to see similar things in ArmA.

I think the only problem with that is...When the vehicles are destroyed, they burn up.

You would end up with a "burned looking" vehicle with an un-burned corpse sitting inside.

ETA...for your initial request...I noticed the BIS models have a "damagehide" selection. it seems to include the stuff that dissappears when the vehicle burns. (I.E. the interior parts)

Perhapse the crew proxies are included in this selection?

Maybe redoing the selection NOT to include the crew would work?

EDIT TO ADD: Oops! The post above mine beat me to it.

Well the main think why i need this is a ECP feature which would already work perfectly, if ArmA would not delete dead units.

Well im talking about this nice feature, after you had destroyed a vehicle, burning units will jump out of the vehicle scream and die after some secounds. biggrin_o.gif

Well i hope i can find a good solution for this.

I will try what bdfy told. wink_o.gif

PLZ guy's someone can give me an example, in what exactly do i have to do, to get this working?

I checked all configs of each AddOn in ArmA but i could nowhere find a command called: damagehide

Or is it directly in the Model? (.p3d) If yes how can i change it?

PLZ guy's someone can give me an example, in what exactly do i have to do, to get this working?

I checked all configs of each AddOn in ArmA but i could nowhere find a command called: damagehide

Or is it directly in the Model? (.p3d) If yes how can i change it?

Damage hide is a selection in the model...when the vehicle is destroyed...it is deleted, leaving behind what is underneath. (like a burnt out, gutted interior)

Quote[/b] ]leaving behind what is underneath. (like a burnt out, gutted interior)

false. burnt out, gutted textures it's just another material applied to model when destroyed wink_o.gif

So has anyone already worked out a solution to this?

As I use the new textures for destroyed vehicles by Sakura_Chan the argument that a non burned body sits in a burned car does not apply anymore.

Would be great to get this working.

If i get everything right so far, the only solution would be to remove ( disable ) the DamageHide entry in evry BIS model...

Well i have no knowledge on how to do and what else is needed but i think so far it's not possible to change this, becouse evry other person would also need the new models without the DamageHide entry too.

So let's hope that ArmA 2 didn't has this ( FEATURE )

But! if someone know's a solution of course i would be very happy too to hear it. smile_o.gif

I definitely liked seeing the bodies before... especially in the truck or in the sinking boat...

The way i see it the damage system deletes the dead vehicle and spawns a husk/destroyed vehicle object wich replaces it.

So i guess you would have to look at these burnt out objects?

If they are simple objects how can you put bodies sitting in them? Editing and reconfiguring the destroyed vehicle objects?

You would have to code something that checks the amount and type of passangers/crew present inside the vehicle at time of vehicle destruction and then create them inside the husk (dead ofcourse).

A better way would be to make burnt corpses ( AHHH! ) since you wouldnt have to check the type of ocupants anymore (pilot, soldiers, officer) and it would look... hmm... better crazy_o.gif .

But im talking out of my ass here...

Quote[/b] ]The way i see it the damage system deletes the dead vehicle and spawns a husk/destroyed vehicle object wich replaces it.

false. just materials getting replaced and some selections hidden