Sign in to follow this  
Hit_Sqd_Ack

Acks stuff (1998-2007)

As some of you know I have been making mods for games since I was in the Marines playing Rogue Spear on the weekends. I am very thankful to you and everyone else who has enjoyed the many addons, mods, missions and music I've made for games like Operation Flashpoint, Armed Assault, Rogue Spear, Empire Earth, Star Wars Galaxies, Ghost Recon, Soldiers: Hero's of World War II, etc....

I never did any of this for personal satisfaction, the satisfaction I got was from hearing how much "you" enjoyed what I made or how you wanted to see this made and I'd do it for you. That is what has always driven me; you the consumer.

But due to some things that have happened in the past 8 weeks I don't think I will be able to focus and work on any of this or any other mods for games ever again.

(My Fathers health is deteriorating and he will not live for much longer; and I came home to an empty house to find a note from my girlfriend of 5 years saying that she was not happy and wanted to move back to California, if anyone wants to TP her house for me I’d appreciate it, she lives in Sacramento)

I have lost the taste for video games and I have not played since that time. Moreover my new $2000 computer I bought just for ArmA sits in the corner collecting dust and I've sold all my games, joysticks, etc... Except for ArmA in the hope that I’ll want to play it again one day. I am very sorry but I have just lost all my drive to do anything. I will talk to Average Joe and Deanos and some others about turning over everything that I've done to someone who is mature and can complete things.

I have 100's of textures for civilians, military projects completed... I just never finished the configs for them. I really wish I could complete all of this for you but someone else will have too in my absence. Who ever takes over will have most of the work done for them so if it's a team you should see the things very shortly. My main choice would be the Crime City guys but they are more scripters, they have a surprise for you but I don't want to spoil it and ruin their thunder. I promise you it will move the earth when you get to play it, think evolution but as Cops and Robbers.

I am so happy that I could have been apart of this community and to have brought some enjoyment to your game play through the SWAT stuff or in the old days of Ackropolis on Karrillions server. And if you are one of those young addon makers out there who has all these ideas but you don't know where to begin, never give up, talk to people that know stuff and learn and grow from them and one day you'll be right up there and a jack of all trades. Just don't give up this game needs you and your ideas even if it's a Star Wars Lego Mod, Dinosaurs etc...

Very Respectfully,

Charlie "Ack"

charlie_spruce@hotmail.com

Sad to hear about what's happened to you and your family, I can relate to most of what you've said and it's totally understandable.

Much respect to you for everything that you've done, and hope things turn out better for you in the future, which they will, don't worry about it.

One day at a time Charlie, it gets better. Really. Hope your work finds a good home.

sad_o.gif

oh man thats really sad confused_o.gif hope things will get better, also hope your stuff gets good homes. thumbs-up.gif

i know how it feels when you think you have her and then she drops you off and everything sucks sad_o.gif

hope you return one day.

Shit ! been there,done that with my Dad!

Damn- dont wish that on any one-even my worst enemy!

Wish you all the best!

Hi Hit_Sqd_Ack,

I hope things get better for you soon. Everyone has low points in there life and its normal to feel down sometimes and although i know u not you obviously have made people happy with your work.

Keep the faith and all the best in the future.

Kind Regards

Aw man... that sucks that shit happens to good people like you.

Hey, remember who you are man. You are and always will be a Marine who can take anything whether mental or physical. I know this is a rough part in your life, but life is a rollercoaster man with its ups and downs. I will pray hard for you and your father and family. But I know you will ride the wave and get past this sucky part of your life. Things will get better and their are plenty of good women out there if you hang in there and stay optimistic.

As one soldier to another (I'm ex-Army, Corp of Engineers), I salute you for all your hard work in OFP and othe games as well as to your service to our country.

Hang in their, ride this wave, and remember, Semper Fi.

Look to your brother Marines and felow soldiers for support. We've all been through these types of things and you are not alone.

Hoooah/Hoorrah!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

and I came home to an empty house to find a note from my girlfriend of 5 years saying that she was not happy and wanted to move back to California, if anyone wants to TP her house for me I’d appreciate it, she lives in Sacramento)

I live like 20 miles away from Sac, I'll tp house and poop on the windshield of her car for no charge.

and sorry for the news...............

Sorry to hear about your family Marine...

Keep your head up...

Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Semper Fi

Ooohrah!!!

Corps all the way baby.... 84-89

Chris G. said some real good words there (as a 'friend' of his) I can tell you he meant them... and I agree with him whole-heartedly....

Good Luck and Godspeed

I'm sorry to hear your story ... i really apreciated the work and effort being put into these games for "our" pleasure made by you.

I left the marines myself a few years ago and joined the police force ( arrest team ) which makes me enjoy your police mods so much because i just love the work that i do.

Hopefully one day time will heal your wounds and maybe bring you back to us.

( this will sound strange now , i know )

good look in the future !!

A stranger to you.

I hardly know you but good luck to you.

You need to know that you are very good at what you do and your future is bright.I and the community appreciate the hard work you have done and you will talked about for years to come.

I won't let anyone take your seat in hopes you may return.

I have lost some mojo too and I am holding on for the ultimate project.

Please stay in touch

Very sorry to hear Ack. Hope you find/make solid ground to stand on again, sounds like everything has turned upside down for you. You are in my thoughts.

Strength and hope.

Sorry to hear all this, mate. sad_o.gif

I wish you all the best.

Abs

Stay safe mate, I haven't spoken to you before now, but just saw your reference to this thread on the protect and serve mod thread, it's sad to see you go. The mod looks very promising and I hope that someone will pick up where you've left off.

I've never served in the military, I'm from australia, and have applied for the Australian Army, waiting for my medical and criminal record checks to go through. But like Miles and others here have said, remember that you're never alone, your brothers in arms will always be there for you.

Take care of yourself mate.

Regards,

Austin.

My condolences Ack. And things will get better, take a break and come back. Work can be a good therapy.