Sign in to follow this  
BPA_HawK

BPA Realistic Sound Mod updated

Excellent sounds!

Really nice one!

thumbs-up.gif

Edit:

Any chance to alter the vehicle sounds a bit? Enginesounds of for example BMP are a bit silent i think.

And i really love the "walking/running" sound. It's like the good old DynamicRange smile_o.gif

I love the update. But I still reckon the choppers, engine sounds are a bit quiet still. Plus incoming fire is also a little too quiet I reckon.

Great work though.

yup up the heli sounds a little more.. so when u look up and see them about 200ft away u can actually here the air slicing from the blades..

Other than that, im happy.. smile_o.gif good work

James.

smile_o.gif Now I use this sound mod for several months, really love it.

Thanks for your great work

Still using this pack due to its very good nature, but what starts to annoy me a little is still the vehicle sounds:

[*] UAZ is kinda unhearable

[*] Chopper engines too low

[*] Weapon fire from 100-150m away is unhearable in many cases

It might have to do with non EAX or EAX setup difference between the developpers and some players, or maybe soundcard differences as I would suspect it would otherwise been picked up already :P

But I would really appreciate if this could be resolved and as such not look weird up in the sky when I suddenly see a chopper shadow right on top of me or a uaz that drove me over :PP

Thanks in advance, ... its the best soundmod out there imho!

This is my favourite sound mod, so I sure hope there is work still being done on it.

As others have said louder vehicle sounds would be nice. Helos in 3rd person should be really loud imo.

A pity I don't have a clue about sound editing or I'd gladly help out.

This is by far my favourite sound mod, nice work mate. I especially like the artillery sound fx and the explosions.

2 times same error on ArmA Report file:

Cannot find a sound file bpareal\vehiclefx\missileload.wss

Cannot find a sound file bpareal\vehiclefx\missileload.wss

This is the first sound MOD I thought good enough to actually use. Though the vehicle and weapon sounds are still a bit too low.

But if its possible it would stll be great to get in a vehicle and hear myself think, which is something that annoyed me a bit with the BIS sounds, they are at times a bit too loud.

This is the first sound MOD I thought good enough to actually use. Though the vehicle and weapon sounds are still a bit too low.

But if its possible it would stll be great to get in a vehicle and hear myself think, which is something that annoyed me a bit with the BIS sounds, they are at times a bit too loud.

There is a multiplier variable for the volume inside vehicles, so that you can reduce it as much as you feel like.

If you use 3rd person mode when in a vehicle you'll still have 100% sound volume though.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">insideSoundCoef

[*] Weapon fire from 100-150m away is unhearable in many cases

I agree with this, which is a shame as this is by far the best soundmod there is. smile_o.gif

Hmm... Halve the sound volume in the .wss files and double the dB-value for them, as it seems to decide the distance it is heard at?

Just felt like increasing the volume to 100dB at the Ka-50, and it never went silent!

Hy,

I play often Broken_Sword Mission and when you parachute en error displays that the bpasoundmod is not installed or deleted. Seems that the parachute sound is not implemented or produces en error.

@Hawk

Vuelvo a la 1.4 hasta que este estable.

Como sea Hawk grandisimo curro, solo felicitarte y darte las gracias. inlove.gif

There are parachute sounds, so that ain't the problem I'm sure. Might be something wonky with the implementation though, of course.

@BPA_Hawk, any comments on the low-sounds problem a lot of ppl are reporting?

PS, if you keep some sounds low because of the volume when ur inside the vehicle, try toying some with the insideSoundCoef config setting smile_o.gif

Also, the 1.55 update seems to still have the old config file onboard, no updated, or am I mistaken? smile_o.gif

The low sound inside vehicles have a easy explanation, my clanmates play Arma with Team Speak, and a loud sound in the vehicle is a bit annoying, but is a personal predilection.

About sickboy comment. you have all the reason , notworthy.gif the 1.55 have inside the old config, is my fault banghead.gif . The link is updated with the new one.

Sorry for this and we still working on the mod.

Regards

Low sounds in the vehicles is no problem in my opinion. The fact you barely can hear a car or helicopter until it's in your face is a problem though.

I know ArmA has a bit odd ways with doppler effect and noise level with interfering structures and terrain, but please, double, or even better, quadruple the noise levels many vehicles are making when outside them.

I know ArmA has a bit odd ways with doppler effect and noise level with interfering structures and terrain, but please, double, or even better, quadruple the noise levels many vehicles are making when outside them.

And the guns..

I can hear them fine when they are close to me, but 100m+ away from me they are unhearable. confused_o.gif

BPA_Hawk, no worries about it being in development. I fully understand and respect/admire etc. I really love your mod already, I think that's especially special since its in development stage wink_o.gif

About the sounds Inside vehicles, try the insideSoundCoef:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki....undCoef

If you change this setting per vehicle to something low, you make the sound of vehicle lower INSIDE the vehicle-only. So this way, you can put all the sounds a lot louder again (so everyone can hear the vehicles again from normal distance biggrin_o.gif) and then use the insideSoundCoef to lower the sounds for when you are inside the vehicles wink_o.gif

If you need some help or other tips im glad to help out, no problem!

Also a tip, if you want to lower the sounds of arma, and upper the sounds of teamspeak, try upping the "Radio Volume" in the game options, all other sounds will go lower smile_o.gif