Sign in to follow this  
hawkins308

Bulletholes?

wolfsblut_ and hawkins308 do you really think you have so much time in combat eg

Two: "One look at this nice bullethole"

One: "Thats state of the art!"

Two: "Damn one is down - but hey there are more nice bulletholes.."

outro:

Quote[/b] ]sometimes just only 3 bulletholes can write a more thrilling story as for instance a whole invasion ...

Nothing is impossible... could be nice but have an eye on performance, addons and easy editing wink_o.gif

I dont' know why, but for some reason I thought the title of this thread was "buttholes". LOL! Damn beer and Sigmund Freud!!!

Hey Jackal! Good to see ya active in ArmA.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I've allready searched every pbo and was not able to find the bullethole as a texture. So i guess it's a particle. I'm not sure but 200 or more particles like that one would not create that much of an impact? now do they? Solus had his own impact for ArmA SLX and the settings where adjustable but the first... 7 or so had the original particle on top off them.

It is not even a particle. It is a parameters passed to the pixel shader which is rendering the model. The exact positioning of the particle (you could call it "line-model" intersection) is computed on the GPU, which is necessary, because CPU has no access to model data (they are not present in the main memory at all, and even fire geometries are too coarse for this purpose).

Does that mean that modders can't make custom decals? Or change how many are shown and at what distance?

Thanks for the info Suma!

I have no idea yet how to change a particle but maybe in the near future. rofl.gif